Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I took Ivermectin. AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:33 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Gotta love it.

Covid vaccine - don't take it, it's experimental / FDA approval is meaningless.
Ivermectin, Monoclonal antibodies, HCQ - the experimental usage/dosage is meaningless. Bring it on.

The FDA approved the covid vaccine without the long term studies that they typically require in order to approve a drug. Is there any other drug that is approved by the FDA in the same manner, without the long term studies to ensure its safe?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:35 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
The FDA approved the covid vaccine without the long term studies that they typically require in order to approve a drug. Is there any other drug that is approved by the FDA in the same manner, without the long term studies to ensure its safe?

Is there a long term study for the safety of the high dosage of Ivermectin? The safety for humans was only studied for lower doses. There is no long term safety studies for these high doses. By all medical means, the high doses of Ivermectin is just as experimental as the vaccine.

shaqued_almond

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:38 pm
PSA giving out prescription drugs is illegal if you're not a doctor. I'm happy op is feeling better, but people shouldn't be hoarding invermectin and give it out. Also, how did you get it if the doctor never spoke to you?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:38 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Is there a long term study for the safety of the high dosage of Ivermectin? The safety for humans was only studied for lower doses. There is no long term safety studies for these high doses. By all medical means, the high doses of Ivermectin is just as experimental as the vaccine.

I believe ivermectin has been used by humans for a long time, medication can be and is used off label so that is not relevant.
The question I asked you and what you avoided answering is whether or not the fda ever approved a drug that doesnt have long term studies to prove that its safe. And if not, then why would they disregard their own protocol for the covid vaccine?

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:39 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Gotta love it.

Covid vaccine - don't take it, it's experimental / FDA approval is meaningless.
Ivermectin, Monoclonal antibodies, HCQ - the experimental usage/dosage is meaningless. Bring it on.

I wouldnt take antibodies.

And most medications will not overdose you in small amounts. This pill is made in differemt sizes and have all been widely available for many years with no data showing long term effects at this dosage and in india it is given like this and used as a prophlyactic.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:42 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I believe ivermectin has been used by humans for a long time, medication can be and is used off label so that is not relevant.
The question I asked you and what you avoided answering is whether or not the fda ever approved a drug that doesnt have long term studies to prove that its safe. And if not, then why would they disregard their own protocol for the covid vaccine?

It is 100% relevant. ANY MED USED OTHER THAN FOR WHAT IS INDICATIONS ARE FOR AND FOR THE DOSAGES STUDIED IS CONSIDERED EXPERIMENTAL USE.

If you happen to take a drug for off-label purposes, or in a manner other than what it was approved for, and you get harmed by the side effects, you cannot sue for injury or damages. It is taking it at your own risk.

These off label uses eventually get their own studies and their own approval - and that takes years.

ETA - your comment only makes sense if you make no changes to the dosages or the # of pills you take. The minute you make any changes to that, the current safety studies no longer apply.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:44 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
It is 100% relevant. ANY MED USED OTHER THAN FOR WHAT IS INDICATIONS ARE FOR AND FOR THE DOSAGES STUDIED IS CONSIDERED EXPERIMENTAL USE.

If you happen to take a drug for off-label purposes, or in a manner other than what it was approved for, and you get harmed by the side effects, you cannot sue for injury or damages. It is taking it at your own risk.

These off label uses eventually get their own studies and their own approval - and that takes years.

And you continue to deflect and avoid my question. So I will ask it again, maybe this time you can give an answer without deflecting.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:48 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
And you continue to deflect and avoid my question. So I will ask it again, maybe this time you can give an answer without deflecting.

For multiple reasons:

#1 - We were in an emergency situation.

#2 - Safety was covered across the board.

#3 - the amount of hours put into developing this vaccine equals - or rivals - the development of others.

#4 - the only outstanding concern was long term effects. But in this case, the risks were negligible because the RNA technology has been studied for more than a decade. The same technology is already being used in other forms of medical treatments. So being that there isn't any unknowns stuffed into this vaccine, and because of #1,2#3 mentioned above, the long term risks were deemed to be very very low in light of the current situation.

Now I'm really curious - would you take the paxlovid pills, the ones everyone is running after now when they get sick and is sold out almost everywhere? That's even more experimental than the vaccine being that it has undergone less studies that the vaccine itself.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:49 pm
It doesnt make it dangerous if you ise for a reason that a drug comoaby did not approve.

If you take benedryl as a sleeping pjll although its not intented to be used that way, does not make benedryl dangerous. Nothing will actually happen if you take it for a week before you go to sleep.

To pretend ivermectin or hcq is like antitibodies or a vaccine is not logical as it doesnt compare.

small bean

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:50 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
For multiple reasons:

#3 - the amount of hours put into developing this vaccine equals - or rivals - the development of others.

#4 - the only outstanding concern was long term effects. But in this case, the risks were negligible because the RNA technology has been studied for more than a decade. The same technology is already being used in other forms of medical treatments. So being that there isn't any unknowns stuffed into this vaccine, and because of #1,2#3 mentioned above, the long term risks were deemed to be very very low in light of the current situation.

Now I'm really curious - would you take the paxlovid pills, the ones everyone is running after now when they get sick and is sold out almost everywhere? That's even more experimental than the vaccine being that it has undergone less studies that the vaccine itself.

I would not take it.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:51 pm
small bean wrote:
It doesnt make it dangerous if you ise for a reason that a drug comoaby did not approve.

If you take benedryl as a sleeping pjll although its not intented to be used that way, does not make benedryl dangerous. Nothing will actually happen if you take it for a week before you go to sleep.

To pretend ivermectin or hcq is like antitibodies or a vaccine is not logical as it doesnt compare.

That is if you take the exact same dose. If you stick to the dosage recommendations, then the safety is not much of a concern. But if you double, triple or quadruple benadryl dose, you'd be hospitalized very quickly.

That's the key everyone seems to be overlooking. You are taking the drugs and playing around with it - not taking according to recommendations of the safety studies. That makes it experimental.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:51 pm
small bean wrote:
I would not take it.

Then your word means something. I have issues with those who say they don't want experimental stuff with one breath, and then turn around and demand it with the next breath.

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:52 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

ETA - your comment only makes sense if you make no changes to the dosages or the # of pills you take. The minute you make any changes to that, the current safety studies no longer apply.

During a pandemic, one would think they would hurry up and trial ivermectin already. Ivermectin was suggested as a therapeutic before covid vaccines were around. So, nu, what's holding it up?

Personally, I took metformin off label for birth control induced PCOS (I developed a mild form of PCOS secondary to the birth control pill I had been on. One month of metformin did the trick, B"H.) I had no qualms about using the drug off label. I was not diabetic, I was not overweight. In fact, my sugars were perfect and I was thin.

But, hey, that's me.

Last edited by gold21 on Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:53 pm
gold21 wrote:
Were you vaccinated, if I may ask?

No, I got sick before I was eligible for the vaccine. I took Dr. Zelenko’s protocol from a doctor , (not my personal doctor because she didn’t believe in it but it was an actual dr; not buying on the street.)

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:55 pm
gold21 wrote:
During a pandemic, one would think they would hurry up and trial ivermectin already. Ivermectin was suggested as a therapeutic before covid vaccines were around.
so, nu, what's holding it up?

Personally, I took metformin off label for birth control induced PCOS (I developed a mild form of PCOS secondary to the birth control pill I had been on. Metformin did the trick, B"H.) I had no qualms about using the drug off label. But that's me.

Long term is long term. You can't rush it for any purpose.

Again, there's a difference of how you use off-label drugs. If you stick to the dosage recommendations then the safety isn't a concern. But if you significantly change the dosage, then the safety comes right back into the picture.

It's not for WHAT you're taking it for that matters - it's how you change up the safety protocols for it.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:56 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
That is if you take the exact same dose. If you stick to the dosage recommendations, then the safety is not much of a concern. But if you double, triple or quadruple benadryl dose, you'd be hospitalized very quickly.

That's the key everyone seems to be overlooking. You are taking the drugs and playing around with it - not taking according to recommendations of the safety studies. That makes it experimental.

How many people died from an overdose of ivermectin vs how many people died from taking the vaccine?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:57 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
For multiple reasons:

If there was an emergency situation then it would be used and approved for emergency purposes. That was not the case. The fda disregarded their own protocol to approve a drug without the required long term study proving that its safe. That is fraud and abuse of power. But somehow, its the healthcare workers and essential employees who are losing their jobs while those who approved a drug fraudulently get to keep their job. That is corruption at its finest and its sad to see frum Jews not having a problem with this corruption and abuse.

Further, you claim the mrna technology used in the covid vaccine has been studied for more than a decade and that its been used for other medical treatment so can you provide any evidence that its been used in humans before the covid vaccine came out and how long its been used for? And wouldnt you have the same problem that you have with ivermectin, that its was used for other medical reasons so it would now be considered "off label" for covid, just like ivermectin and hcq? Why is the mrna technology ok to use for purposes of covid but ivermectin and hcq is not?

gold21

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:57 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Long term is long term. You can't rush it for any purpose.

Again, there's a difference of how you use off-label drugs. If you stick to the dosage recommendations then the safety isn't a concern. But if you significantly change the dosage, then the safety comes right back into the picture.

It's not for WHAT you're taking it for that matters - it's how you change up the safety protocols for it.

My dosing was not the same dosing as is used for diabetics, FYI. It was slightly higher.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
How many people died from an overdose of ivermectin vs how many people died from taking the vaccine?

I'm trying to understand this comparison. Very few have died from the vaccine, so what is there to compare?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:00 pm
gold21 wrote:
My dosing was not the same dosing as is used for diabetics, FYI. It was slightly higher.

Thats exactly what I'm explaining to you. As long as you're within the safety protocols or very close to it, then the safety studies apply. But if you really go out of bounds, as is being done with ivermectin, the safety studies can't apply.
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics