Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vegetable ideas for 1 year old

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:18 pm
Ds started off eating anything I gave him, and now he’s getting very picky. Looking for vegetable ideas!
His favorites are zucchini and broccoli, and sometimes cucumbers or cooked carrots, but he (and I) are getting bored of having them daily. Rarely he agrees to have roasted butternut squash.
He refuses tomato, pepper (roasted or fresh), sweet potato, cauliflower, eggplant, peas. I keep trying to offer them sometimes but doesn’t work.
He also only has a few front teeth, and I know he should be able to eat some crunchier things but he won’t.
I’m out of ideas!

mom!

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:20 pm
Keep putting out different choices. Even if he keeps spitting them out/throwing on the floor. He will slowly but surely mature his eating habits.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:20 pm
Peas

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:28 pm
Try mixing them with other foods, or serving in other forms. Like mashed sweet potatos, corn salad, grilled cheese with tomatos inside.etc.

Oldest

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:07 pm
This is all normal for a kid of that age. Went through the same thing with my ds. First, keep offering the veg as sometimes it takes a few tries for a kid to like a food. Also like amother Brown said, offer it in different forms or with different dressings etc. For example, My ds won't eat raw peppers but he loves them in a stir fry. I also found that if I combined the veg with something he would eat, he would eat it all. Ex, I would put a piece of carrot and a piece of chicken on the same spoon and he would eat it together.
Good luck!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:11 pm
Vegetables from the chicken soup. Or make vegetable soup and u could add butternut squash and whatever else you want to try. Soup is so much more tastier, he might like it better than plain cooked or roasted vegetables.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics