Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Highchair

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:04 pm
need a good highchair recommendation. anyone have any suggestions?

also if you have a recommendation can you please include what you like about it?
thanks!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:20 pm
I have the graco blossom highchair. It's just a really solid, easy to use, high chair.

The seat cover is a pleather fabric so it's easy to wipe down and can also be washed in the washing machine.

The tray slides in and out easily. It has a thin cover, the main tray, and another small one the very bottom. Very helpful when I haven't had a second to clean up from the meal before.

The tray has a bar that goes between the legs so you don't really need any buckling. I even tuck the straps in, under the seat cover so they don't get grimy and disgusting.

The actual seat can be converted to a highchair that attaches to a chair. It also has a booster option and a strange (imo) toddler chair. I used the booster a lot but never the chair.

StrongMomma

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:41 pm
I have the Oribel Cocoon (I bought it on sale.)

I love that it’s very easy to wipe down- there are no fabrics.
The seat part is not hard plastic; it’s a softer foam-like material.
The tray is huge and easy to take on and off with one hand (although you can usually take the child in and out by just pulling it out the most it goes without actually removing it.) There is a snap-on tray that is very helpful and much easier to wash than the main tray.
The straps are fairly simple to remove and wash, although there is a learning curve. Once you’re done it once or twice it’s really not hard.
The seat can be lowered or lifted to several heights.
An extra feature is that you can lean the seat all the way back with no tray and place a newborn in it.

Cons:
The seat is more reclining than I’d like it to be. I prefer a straight back. When my baby was new to highchairs this bothered me more, now that she’s two it’s not an issue.
The other really annoying thing is that you need to lift the back of the chair up to move it backwards or sideways, and there’s no easy way to grasp it. I’ve gotten used to it, but it’s annoying.
(It does slide forward easily.)
It also takes up a nice amount of space.

I also have a Fisher price seat that straps onto a chair- I use it as a portable option as it is very compact and straps easily.
Now that I have a second child in a high chair I use both at home. It has a straight back which I like for my baby.

Good luck

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:57 pm
I have an ikea high chair- 2 actually. I like it because it’s easy to clean with no books and crevices.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:38 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
I have an ikea high chair- 2 actually. I like it because it’s easy to clean with no books and crevices.

Same. My number one most important feature in a high chair is easy to clean!

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:44 pm
The cheap ikea high chair. I had a more expensive chair for my first baby and it was such a pain to clean when it got dirty. For my second I got the ikea chair and wow what a difference! The easiest cleanup. You can purchase a cushion if baby is really little when you start.

Only con is the tray is a little small. But it is positioned at a good height and nice and flat so baby can reach things easily.

Window

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:54 pm
I have the IKEA with a pillow and foot rest. I don’t like it because the tray is too far from my baby’s stomach and all the food falls onto her legs.
I’ve been eyeing this one:
HAN-MM High Chair Folding,One Click fold,Save Space, Detachable Double Tray, Infant Chair, Car Traveling, 3 in 1 Convertible, 3-Point Harness, Adjustable Footrest, Non-Slip Feet, Adjustable Legs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D.....psc=1
It seems perfect to me because:
-adjustable foot rest
-compact fold
-tray can be pushed in all the way to the baby’s stomach
-straight back (not reclined)
I tried it at my friends house and it really is all that amazing!

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:04 pm
IKEA. It’s perfect and can’t beat $20 price tag.

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:59 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I have the graco blossom highchair. It's just a really solid, easy to use, high chair.

The seat cover is a pleather fabric so it's easy to wipe down and can also be washed in the washing machine.

The tray slides in and out easily. It has a thin cover, the main tray, and another small one the very bottom. Very helpful when I haven't had a second to clean up from the meal before.

The tray has a bar that goes between the legs so you don't really need any buckling. I even tuck the straps in, under the seat cover so they don't get grimy and disgusting.

The actual seat can be converted to a highchair that attaches to a chair. It also has a booster option and a strange (imo) toddler chair. I used the booster a lot but never the chair.

Same! Everything I would've said about the Graco Blossom. Had a different highchair for my first few children, then got this and loved it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics