Home

PSA- Masbia

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:42 am
I just got a call from Masbia that they will start offering free pantry packages for families with 5 or more children.
Figured I'd share in case it helps anyone.

718-972-4446
Back to top

hodeez




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jan 14 2022, 11:48 am
I called but heard no option for pantry deliveries and there's no operator to speak to either :/
Back to top

amother




Trillium
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:26 pm
I find it very hard to reach anyone there

the one on coney island services mostly non jews from what I've seen which is sad since it's run by Jews.

I don't think it's a very organized organization at all and they make themselves hard to reach on purpose.

The head of the organization gets annoyed if you ask any questions.

I know they are trying to help others but I think they need a good leadership team to organize everything.
Back to top

amother




Snowdrop
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:30 pm
Just go over and pickup a package
Back to top

amother




Blushpink
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:32 pm
What's in the package?
Back to top

amother




Pink
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Trillium ] wrote:
I find it very hard to reach anyone there

the one on coney island services mostly non jews from what I've seen which is sad since it's run by Jews.

I don't think it's a very organized organization at all and they make themselves hard to reach on purpose.

The head of the organization gets annoyed if you ask any questions.

I know they are trying to help others but I think they need a good leadership team to organize everything.

I will say that the Coney Ave location has private appointments with multiple Jewish places where clients from those places can come in and take whatever they need at set times so they dont have to wait in line with everyone else and its very discreet. For example, they have clients from Sister to Sister come in once a week at night to take whatever they want, etc. So while you may see them only cater to non-Jewish people or people who may be Jewish but not dressed as stereotypical Jews, they do have private Jewish groups coming in separately and more discreetly.
That said, I would def recommend that you go to the boro park location since they have all the better things there because its more geared to Chasidim.

They usually also have Shabbos and Pesach meals at the Boro Park location so if anyone is interested in going somewhere for Shabbos meals or the Sedarim on Pesach then call them to see if they are still hosting anything for this year and how you can join.
Back to top

amother




Viola
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:34 pm
Do they have smaller packages available for families with less than 5 children?
Back to top

amother




Caramel
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:38 pm
hodeez wrote:
I called but heard no option for pantry deliveries and there's no operator to speak to either :/

It’s literally a box of free food, Staples that those who are in need will want and need. If somebody needs it, they will find a way to go and pick up the box. Why should they have to spend money and manpower (which is more money) to make the deliveries? Of course we all know not everyone has a car, but somebody who really needs the box will find a way.
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 9:41 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
It’s literally a box of free food, Staples that those who are in need will want and need. If somebody needs it, they will find a way to go and pick up the box. Why should they have to spend money and manpower (which is more money) to make the deliveries? Of course we all know not everyone has a car, but somebody who really needs the box will find a way.

This is not true. Some people can't get it and they just don't eat. The idea that people who are really in need will always find a way is harmful.
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 11:36 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I will say that the Coney Ave location has private appointments with multiple Jewish places where clients from those places can come in and take whatever they need at set times so they dont have to wait in line with everyone else and its very discreet. For example, they have clients from Sister to Sister come in once a week at night to take whatever they want, etc. So while you may see them only cater to non-Jewish people or people who may be Jewish but not dressed as stereotypical Jews, they do have private Jewish groups coming in separately and more discreetly.
That said, I would def recommend that you go to the boro park location since they have all the better things there because its more geared to Chasidim.

They usually also have Shabbos and Pesach meals at the Boro Park location so if anyone is interested in going somewhere for Shabbos meals or the Sedarim on Pesach then call them to see if they are still hosting anything for this year and how you can join.


I know the same is true for the BP location where people come in private and they are very helpful and nice
Back to top

amother




Blueberry
 

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 11:17 am
Do they deliver these boxes?
Back to top

BH5




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Apr 07 2022, 1:20 pm
If you have 5 or more children at home you can call 9296170986. They have been doing deliveries through Doordash. Im not sure if they are still taking new families but definitely worth a try.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Masbia
by amother
1 Sun, Apr 10 2022, 3:27 am View last post
Masbia on Coney Island
by amother
3 Mon, Nov 22 2021, 9:58 pm View last post