Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Domestic travel with expired Passport?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:57 pm
Anyone know if I can travel from state to state with an expired passport?

SuperWify

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 8:59 pm
can you bring a license?

amother
Lily

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:01 pm
Why don't you just bring a driver's license? I'm not sure if you can use an expired passport, but we once had a situation where a family member of mine lost their license and passport while we were away. We ended up calling the airline, and they were able to get on the plane by showing two credit cards with their name, it doesn't hurt to ask.

singleagain

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:11 pm
From Google:

An expired passport is simply not acceptable for international travel. ... You're not required to have a passport to board a domestic flight – at least not yet. However, you do need valid identification to get past the TSA checkpoints. By definition, an expired passport isn't valid.Oct 26, 2021
https://www.rushmypassport.com › ...
Can You Travel With an Expired Passport?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:12 pm
I don't have a license, the passport is the only picture ID that I have. Something came up and I need to travel but found that the passport expired

singleagain

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't have a license, the passport is the only picture ID that I have. Something came up and I need to travel but found that the passport expired

Call the airline or TSA directly. And when you get back, get a non-drivers state ID.

singleagain

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:15 pm
https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2018/.....urity

If you’re traveling with an expired license or passport you may still be able to fly. Acceptable forms of ID cannot be more than 12 months past the identified expiration date.

If you have misplaced, lost, traveling with an expired ID, or simply do not have an acceptable form of ID, our officers will ask you for two secondary forms of identification, with the following information:

Name
A photo
Address
Phone number
Social Security Number
Date of birth
The TSA officer will review all documentation provided in order to verify your identity. To minimize any potential delays, you are encouraged to provide as much information and documentation as possible. If your identity cannot be verified with the provided documentation, you may be required to go through an alternative identity verification process, which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information, and asking personal questions to help confirm your identity.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 15 2022, 9:46 pm
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics