Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best type
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:43 am
Due with DC #1 in a few weeks GW. In laws want to buy us a stroller, which is incredibly generous of them. What brands are most durable, good quality, and have the option of using the part that holds the baby as a car seat (like transferring in and out of the stroller “frame”)? TIA!

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:45 am
There is no best. There is only best for your lifestyle.

What is your budget? How will you be using the stroller primarily? Walking, in and out of car?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:49 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
There is no best. There is only best for your lifestyle.

What is your budget? How will you be using the stroller primarily? Walking, in and out of car?

Thanks so much for your reply! In-laws want to buy it so I’m not sure about their budget. We’d prefer a stroller that is good for walking and can be put in and out of the car easily.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:49 am
Remember if you get something that's not the cheapest this whole forum will tell you to go for therapy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:52 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Remember if you get something that's not the cheapest this whole forum will tell you to go for therapy

Good to know Wink both DH and I are already in therapy

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good to know Wink both DH and I are already in therapy

I got the bugaboo fox it's an amazing stroller but very big and clunky and probably not the best for in and out of cars

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 7:55 am
A citi mini gt will last you forever, is super easy to fold, lays completely flat and has a nice push. The basket is annoying though if you will be doing shopping etc.

Uppababy is more expensive and is not as convenient folding/unfolding but will have a HUGE basket (don't underestimate how much stuff babies come with) and can last for years or be resold and will hold some value.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:00 am
I have an UPPAbaby Vista which I think would be too pretty bulky to be your car stroller. Look into the UPPAbaby Cruz. It's smaller and lighter.

What I like about the UPPAbabys -
Rear Facing
Big Basket
Good push
Pretty simple fold

thepickled

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:01 am
There’s a huge range of strollers out there. If you can get a bit more specific about your needs and wants we can better help you. Do you want the stroller to have the ability to parent face? How important is a small fold or an easy fold? Are you going to be pushing the stroller through snow or uneven pavement? Do you want the ability to add an additional seat or a rider board? Do you care about how it looks?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:18 pm
thepickled wrote:
There’s a huge range of strollers out there. If you can get a bit more specific about your needs and wants we can better help you. Do you want the stroller to have the ability to parent face? How important is a small fold or an easy fold? Are you going to be pushing the stroller through snow or uneven pavement? Do you want the ability to add an additional seat or a rider board? Do you care about how it looks?

Parent face means the baby is facing whoever is pushing the stroller? Yes.

Easier the better.

Snow and uneven payment - yup most likely.

What is a rider board?

Don’t care how it looks, I care about safety, functionality, ease of use and foldability.

Thank you!!

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:56 pm
Everyone has different criteria when it comes to a stroller, but the bugaboo fox is best stroller out there. Nothing beats the smooth easy push, it has big wheels, & you can attach a carseat on the frame. But it folds big and the basket is not huge.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:01 pm
Bugaboo good is the best walking stroller. It’s a pain to use in and out of the car though. I have a fox for walking stroller, yo-yo for travel and car stroller and doona for a car seat.

I learned a while ago that you need more then one stroller. But when they lady in the store told me that when I was pregnant with my first I didn’t believe her. I got a bugaboo bee which was great for the car but not so great as far as walking.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:07 pm
I have the Nuna mix and Nina triv carriages and I highly recommend for ease in folding it to a relatively small size that can fit easily in the car. Nuna triv folds better but the mix has better wheels so it’s up to you. You can purchase a bassinet and or a car seat seperately as add pjs they snap onto the carriage base

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:10 pm
I love the bugaboo bee. It’s a great cross between a good stroller and smallish for folding up into the car.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:57 pm
Trying to buy a stroller for the first time is rather overwhelming, there are so many different choices, different types, and everyone feels very strongly about the brand they have and that's the best.
Your inlaws are very nice for offering to buy you the stroller but it might be worth inquiring politely as to the rough budget. If they're thinking $300, a bugaboo or uppababy could be 3x that.
As others have said, you need to identify your key needs and above all understand that there will never be a perfect stroller.
If you are using your car a lot, you need a stroller that folds small and easily (imo not bugaboo or uppababy).
Also a lot of the high end travel systems require you to buy a bassinet in addition as the seat isn't suitable for children under 6 months.
I personally love the city mini gt-it's great to push, amazing fold and so easy to do. It can attach a car seat. The seat lies flat so it can be used from birth, or you can buy the bassinet to attach to it.
You would probably benefit from going to a store and trying a few strollers out and getting a feel for what you like. Just remember a stroller will always push easily on the smooth floor in the store.
Just to let you know that most people end up getting another stroller about a year later as the stroller doesn't always work out practical and your requirements can change. Also the same way as a kalla you buy a sheital without really knowing what you like/need, it's the same with a stroller and why many people end up buying another.

Whatever you end up with, it should be with mazal and brocha!

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:38 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Everyone has different criteria when it comes to a stroller, but the bugaboo fox is best stroller out there. Nothing beats the smooth easy push, it has big wheels, & you can attach a carseat on the frame. But it folds big and the basket is not huge.

Disagree, personally I chose to get the Cybex Priam over the fox. But either way, I don’t think those would fit the OP’s needs.

L K

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:44 pm
Ill vote strongly against city mini gt: it’s back I wobbles side to side when reclined and In my opinion dowsnt offer sufficient protection to the baby inside; and it tips over rather easily.

L K

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:03 pm
One thing if you’re going to be the one driving with the baby, during the first let’s say 6 months— get the lightest possible stroller frame and car seat so you don’t kill your fragile insides post-birth.

You can go with a combination for example of Nuna pipa light car seat, the lightest on the market (expensive but can be purchased at half price like new), and cybex mios, which has a 13-lb or so frame, takes nuna car seat with included cubes adapters, and can be rolled eventually as a stroller frame+seat.

Or nuna car seat with a bugaboo bee stroller (I never got to check it out but you can now hop over to a store to see for yourself).

Cybex strollers previous models can be bought at half price on albeebaby; other strollers and car seats at. Half price on offerup app or used gear website.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 4:08 pm
I have the Joolz Hub and very happy with it. It coordinates with the Maxi Cosi as a car seat frame.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 6:55 pm
Wow! Thank you all so much. This is so helpful and comprehensive. It is quite overwhelming…as is everything with getting stuff for a first baby.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics