Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
BDE Morah Sydell Rennert

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:30 am
It’s hard to believe that the beloved Morah Rennert from YBH passed away.
She taught there for over 50 years.
She was so full of energy, so vibrant, such simchas hachaim.
She loved and remembered every student. Her Pre1aers loved her Kton ton stories, her hand written parsha sheets, her morning messages, her special projects like the weather chart and hamaloach hagoel picture. Who can forget the frilly pesach pillow, her Purim Megillah holders, and the albums she made for the kids.
She taught for about 70 years. A walking history book. She loved hashem, life!
She loved people and being with her colleagues.
She would talk about all her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She hosted them often.

She touched so many lives!!
Hard to believe that she is gone. Her memory should be a blessing. Her legacy lives on in her family and thousands of little Jewish children!

Please share some memories

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 11:49 am
Levaya today 1230 at old yeshiva spring valley, 229 maple ave, corner 306, monsey.

There is so much to say about her - her enormous simchas hachaim - look out for the articles.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:22 pm
I can't believe it. She was one of those people we all believed would live forever, just based on her simchas hachaim, emunah peshutah, and love of every person.

The way she taught each child kriah was so patient and caring, with wonderful communication with and respect for parents, and she ran her classroom with just the right amount of structure. She knew which part to give a child in a play to bring out the best in them. And every child who came through preschool and saw her in her clown costume for the Purim circus regardless of what age she was believed, and still does, that we never need to grow out of the child in us, and every parent saw that there is no such thing as reaching too far toward a child, because we can always stretch ourself to remember and enter their world.

Every single one of my kids is gutted today, whether they were in her class or not, from the current students to the ones old enough to have their own kids.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:40 pm
Morah Rennert taught generations of students and she was as vibrant now as she was when I first met her 25 years ago when she taught my kids!! Truly a legend of a morah. I also picture her dressed as a clown on Purim, and her simchas hachaim was through the roof. She loved every minute of her job and I still can't believe she was coming in every day from Monsey to Passaic at her age. She is truly irreplaceable. It's a tremendous loss for YBH and klal yisrael, and of course for her family as well. Her neshama should have a huge aliya!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:51 pm
https://ilivestream.info/livefeed-ark

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:21 pm
What school was this?

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:22 pm
YBH of Passaic. Morah Rennert was there for 50 years, teaching Pre1A.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 2:56 pm
Was she at Eagle Day Camp ?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:04 pm
Morah Rennert taught 3 of my children - we all remember her Ktonton stories, her hibernation party, her Purim carnival, Uri and Reva, the many Chanukah plays she had (each of my kids put on a different Chanukah play), the late “lamed” that came in the mail 2 weeks after school and the tremendous simchas hachayim and energy that she had.

She truly had an impact on our entire family!

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 3:48 pm
She taught 2 of my children. A huge illuminating neshama has been taken from us. I've never had an interaction with her that didn't leave me with a smile. Her warmth, energy and love were contagious and you could tell that while she gave her life to teaching, it was the teaching that gave her life. A Morah until the end of her days. She will be missed in the halls and classrooms of YBH but her imprint on so many lives will be lasting.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:11 pm
Yes, she was in Eagle DayCamp

someone56

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:13 pm
Memories can be sent to morahrennert@gmail.
The family is collecting the memories.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:05 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
Yes, she was in Eagle DayCamp

Thank you. I remember her from there.
We made mosaic ash trays in arts and crafts. Which looking back now, seems humorous.
She was lovely, so refined and soft spoken.

curlytop18

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:31 pm
Mrs. Rennert, z'l, was my Kindergarten teacher at Hillel Academy in 1967.

I remember that I adored Mrs. Rennert. She was warm and kind, which I very much needed. She made a Chanukah play, I was a jug of shemen, and she told me that I was the star. I needed that too. Her family can be proud of the kind person she was.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 2:01 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
She taught 2 of my children. A huge illuminating neshama has been taken from us. I've never had an interaction with her that didn't leave me with a smile. Her warmth, energy and love were contagious and you could tell that while she gave her life to teaching, it was the teaching that gave her life. A Morah until the end of her days. She will be missed in the halls and classrooms of YBH but her imprint on so many lives will be lasting.

[b][I]THIS IS TRUE
(a granddaughter)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics