Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Rav to talk to a woman needing chizuk
Previous  1  2

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 8:10 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
If women are not allowed to be Rabbis and spiritual leaders by our own laws then Rabbaim should be willing and able to impart their wisdom to women as well as men.

Sometimes you don’t want to just shmooze with a lovely girlfriend, but you want actual Torah sources about how to face hardships you’re going through. Someone OOT for me was invaluable for that, and while I’ve spoken to a million women since, none of them had his breadth of knowledge and ultimately, comfort, that this Rav did.

More men need to step up. In a vast community like Lakewood, I find it sad that there’s like one or two people available.

I find your post very offensive.
When suggesting speaking to a women, you insinuate that a Rebbetzin would be like shmoozing with a “lovely girlfriend” but a rav has “actual Torah sources”
I’m no feminist, and I’m super yeshivish, and I find this comment ignorant and offensive.
Many of my friends and colleagues are extremely knowledgeable in “actual torah sources”. We’ve studied,tanach with meforshim, mussar seforim, rav dessler, pashas Yitzchok, nefesh HaChaim and more. (My daughters in hs and post seminary can also share a thing or two from most of these seforim). All in the original Hebrew mind you as well. There are many mechanchos, rebbetzins and very wise women who can guide those who need advice through a Torah lense with the Binah yes aura of a women.
Also your assumption about Lakewood is hotzaas Shem ra as well. Just because people didn’t suggest more rabbanim to speak to, doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Don’t knock Lakewood with how terrible it is that there are no good rabbanim who will share advise, just because a bunch of ladies on this site didn’t suggest their names. People ask constantly for names of therapists. They get one or two responses. Does that mean there are no therapists around?
Lakewood has a rav in every shul that will guide both male and female members of their kehilla and beyond.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 8:13 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
I find your post very offensive.
When suggesting speaking to a women, you insinuate that a Rebbetzin would be like shmoozing with a “lovely girlfriend” but a rav has “actual Torah sources”
I’m no feminist, and I’m super yeshivish, and I find this comment ignorant and offensive.
Many of my friends and colleagues are extremely knowledgeable in “actual torah sources”. We’ve studied,tanach with meforshim, mussar seforim, rav dessler, pashas Yitzchok, nefesh HaChaim and more. (My daughters in hs and post seminary can also share a thing or two from most of these seforim). All in the original Hebrew mind you as well. There are many mechanchos, rebbetzins and very wise women who can guide those who need advice through a Torah lense with the Binah yes aura of a women.

True, but a woman is not daas Torah like a Rav

amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
Also your assumption about Lakewood is hotzaas Shem ra as well. Just because people didn’t suggest more rabbanim to speak to, doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Don’t knock Lakewood with how terrible it is that there are no good rabbanim who will share advise, just because a bunch of ladies on this site didn’t suggest their names. People ask constantly for names of therapists. They get one or two responses. Does that mean there are no therapists around?
Lakewood has a rav in every shul that will guide both male and female members of their kehilla and beyond.

Exactly my thought!

happytobemom

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 8:14 pm
imorethanamother wrote:

More men need to step up. In a vast community like Lakewood, I find it sad that there’s like one or two people available.

What makes you say there are only one or two people available? Just because there were only a few suggestions here doesn't mean there aren't many more.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:18 pm
I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but would any of these Rabbanim be helpful for a woman who has Mikva OCD to talk to - to receive halachic guidance from a Rav who understands ocd?
(She has a therapist; this is specifically for a Rav)
Thank you.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:22 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Exactly my thought!

She needs chizzuk and Hadracha. She’s not asking someone to pasken a Shayla

happytobemom

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:22 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but would any of these Rabbanim be helpful for a woman who has Mikva OCD to talk to - to receive halachic guidance from a Rav who understands ocd?
Thank you.

Rabbi Shmuel Felder is very understanding, and a halachic authority

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 9:24 pm
Thank you.

I've heard that Rabbi Micha Kohn is good for this.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 11:10 pm
Thank you.

How can I find the contact info for Rabbi Felder and Rabbi Kohn?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 7:11 am
Thank you.

Recommending Mrs. Sorah Tova Konovitch. She is a Kallah teacher, Mikva lady who also teaches other Mikva ladies, and she “specializes” in dealing with difficulties such as Mikva OCD.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 7:16 am
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
It's always better if a woman could meet with a Rebbetzin rather than with a Rav- for many reasons.

Huh? I totally disagree with this.

Signed,

someone who has spoken to Rabbanim over the years, and sees no issue with this.

Obviously, the setting should be appropriate, etc....

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 7:52 am
Thank you.

I think Rabbi Yoel Marton has written a book that addresses this. I saw it some years ago in the Westgate Mikvah. He would probably be a good resource, but I don't know how to contact him. I believe he became the Rav in Hampshire Hills in Jackson. I also believe his wife is Mrs. Reena Marton who is a kallah teacher and speaks at Wings. Hope this helps!

happytobemom

Post Tue, Apr 26 2022, 12:42 pm
Rabbi Felder 732-364-1434, 732-773-2032
One phone number is his home, one his home office. Don't remember which is which.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, May 02 2022, 11:32 pm
thank you all!

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:31 pm
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
I've heard that Rabbi Micha Kohn is good for this.

Is it possible it's Rabbi Micha Cohn who is a Rosh Chabura at BMG? That's why my google search turned up. If not, how can I get contact info for Rabbi Micha Kohn?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 6:49 am
Is it possible it's Rabbi Micha Cohn who is a Rosh Chabura at BMG? That's why my google search turned up. If not, how can I get contact info for Rabbi Micha Kohn?

Same person. Kohn is a misspelling.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 6:55 am
someone above mentioned Mrs. Konovitch. She works in the Mikva on the corner of Central Avenue and Sunset (I think its called Mikva Tova). Havent been there in a couple of years but she once told me that she has women with these issues come there. Maybe call there and ask to speak with her and she can guide you. Shes a really warm person, and you will feel very comfortable speaking with her.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 10:58 pm
wow, thank you for the info!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries