Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish move to Florida
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:25 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
We live in Israel and are no where near chassidish. To be clear, my dds wear shorts (not short-shorts, but shorts nonetheless) in the summer.

We visited Miami Beach last autumn (we have a close relative there). And we were shocked. People literally walking around the streets in beach wear (bikini tops, no shirts for men, bikini bottoms with a very sheer cover).

The way of dress was a lot skimpier than you usually ever see in Tel Aviv (besides for the beach of course). It was as if all of Miami Beach was considered a beach area.

And yes, there were lots of same gender couples on the street if that bothers you (but it was gay pride week, so maybe because of that).

OK. I'm going to guess you went to South Beach.
That is not where the frum people live.
Recently I took my kids to a 7-11 in South Beach for Slurpees and I said Never Again. It was horrendous.. I made the kids keep their heads down until we got out of the area.. And I live in Miami Beach for more than 20 years.

In the area where frum ppl live, there are NO same gender couples walking around, nor are they walking around in bikinis.

So no, it was not all of Miami Beach.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
A huge part of chinuch is being in the right sevivah (environment). In pirkei avos they mention a few times the importance of good neighbors and specifically about not moving to a place of no Torah. Fact is that friends and neighbors have a huge impact on kids and even adults. To say you’d rather live in a place of pritzus because it’s better chinuch is a wrong mentality. If you have no choice, or already live there you can focus on being mechanech your kids this way. Right now we are talking about those who are still making a decision about moving there.

Umm...good neighbors? No Torah?
You aren't referring to Miami.
Miami has a very vibrant Torah community. I have amazing incredible neighbors.
The mishna that talks. About living in a place that has no Torah is referring to a place that has no Torah infrastructure, which Miami does.
It's not a wrong mentality to look at the broader picture of how you want to raise your kids. I'm not saying it's for everyone. Just as every community stresses different values, you as a parent can prioritize having a more homogeneous environment over teaching your children that ahavas Yisroel extends to different ypes of Yidden.
But it's not a "wrong mentality" , especially since you seem not to have a clue about what Miami is about.
Signed, a NY transplant who raised her children in Miami, who are BH ehrlich, shtark, bnei Torah and Bnos Yisroel, and who know that you don't have to wear a black Hat in order to be considered a jew. )

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:42 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I see your POV as a valid and legitimate approach (although different from my own) but you need to realize that Miami is not going to be the place where you can raise your young children in the insulated way you are describing.

I would never live in Miami. I'm not the op.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 12:28 pm
So we are in the same situation, chassidishe and looking to make the move. We were there recently to check it out and the rav told us that they're working on opening a chassidishe cheder for the new year. My husband was also in touch with the family from tosh and they seem to be loving it there. We might just be there soon enough and hope that a couple more serious chassidishe families join.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 4:12 pm
There is going to be a new community with a Kollel under Torah U'Mesorah starting this summer.
The community is not going to be Chassidish.
Separate from the existing Chassidish community.
For more info call the Rabbi running it at 848-224-3369
The community is geared to be a warm Frum out-of-town Torah growing community from what they say. The vision sounds really nice, and it's affordable too!

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 4:18 pm
The Wimauma Chassidic community has a very small Cheder for boys, ages 5 and 6. The girls are younger, so just a play group at this time.
FYI, the Rabbi who started the community is no longer running it (he had a heart attack), so there is no head of the community. It is slowly growing still.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 4:50 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
There is going to be a new community with a Kollel under Torah U'Mesorah starting this summer.
The community is geared to be a warm Frum out-of-town Torah growing community from what they say. The vision sounds really nice, and it's affordable too!

Where will it be?

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 5:13 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:

Is this referring to Tampa? Because rumor has it that Chofetz Chaim will be opening a kollel and days school (2nd grade and lower) for the '22-23 school year. About 30 minutes away from the chassidish community (which is not really in Tampa, it's in a suburb.)

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 5:16 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
So we are in the same situation, chassidishe and looking to make the move. We were there recently to check it out and the rav told us that they're working on opening a chassidishe cheder for the new year. My husband was also in touch with the family from tosh and they seem to be loving it there. We might just be there soon enough and hope that a couple more serious chassidishe families join.

Are you referring to the new Chassidish boys cheder starting in NMB?

They just started advertising that they are opening on for next year iYH. Says ages 4+, I assume it'll only have lower grades but who knows. For more info you can email Rabbi Feldbrand at rabbifeldbrand@neimos.org
They are having an open house on Sunday.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 5:19 pm
amother [ Clear ] wrote:
Are you referring to the new Chassidish boys cheder starting in NMB?

They just started advertising that they are opening on for next year iYH. Says ages 4+, I assume it'll only have lower grades but who knows. For more info you can email Rabbi Feldbrand at rabbifeldbrand@neimos.org
They are having an open house on Sunday.

Just so you know though, real estate here has become extremely expensive and even for money houses are not easy to find. Unless you are willing to live on the outskirts of the community (in a small, bad condition house).

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 5:23 pm
amother [ Clear ] wrote:
Is this referring to Tampa? Because rumor has it that Chofetz Chaim will be opening a kollel and days school (2nd grade and lower) for the '22-23 school year. About 30 minutes away from the chassidish community (which is not really in Tampa, it's in a suburb.)

I thought they weren't sure where it will be located. I heard the Chassidim are trying to get them closer.

Either way if anyone wants to move there I know the nicest people going to start it!

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 5:38 pm
[l:

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 5:47 pm
Which community are you talking about?

Sparkle1

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 1:33 am
I am chassidish and would love to come with my close friend that isn't chassidish any hope that the two communities will move closer to each other?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 6:48 pm
You will make new friends. And so will she

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 6:52 pm
amother [ Clear ] wrote:
Who?? Do they have official names already?

Young Chofetz Chaim families from KGH. I don't know if theres names of the school/kollel yet.

I just know that the Tampa more modern community came to CC and asked them to send some guys down there to open a "Torah School" for them lol.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 7:02 pm
Isn’t there a Chofetz Chaim yeshiva and kolel on boca raton?

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 7:08 pm
amother [ Offwhite ] wrote:
Isn’t there a Chofetz Chaim yeshiva and kolel on boca raton?

Yup. There's also a CC community in Miami and Orlando. But Boca is over 3 hours away and Tampa has 30,000 Jews. Starting a more right wing community there, with a community kollel and a community day school, will iyH bring people closer to Yiddishkeit.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 7:11 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
Or how about people have good jobs that they can't leave because there aren't that many good job opportunities in Florida?

You move and daven that if it was meant to be, Hashem will help. That's what we did. Yes, we went from very comfortable income and less expenses to now where we are penny pinching bt hey, the same Hashem who got us here is the same Hashem who will make sure everything works out

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 7:45 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
You move and daven that if it was meant to be, Hashem will help. That's what we did. Yes, we went from very comfortable income and less expenses to now where we are penny pinching bt hey, the same Hashem who got us here is the same Hashem who will make sure everything works out

Why did you move?
What motivated you
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating