Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish move to Florida
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:25 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Young Chofetz Chaim families from KGH. I don't know if theres names of the school/kollel yet.

I just know that the Tampa more modern community came to CC and asked them to send some guys down there to open a "Torah School" for them lol.

The names of the school principals have been published. Rabbi Yirmiyahu Rubinstein and Rabbi Ariel Wohlfarth

They posted the following:

We are excited to announce there will be a new Yeshiva day school named Tampa Torah Academy opening to service the Greater Tampa area for the coming school year 2022-2023. A group was started to follow school updates: https://chat.whatsapp.com/KYGA.....V2sth

If you are interested in enrolling for the upcoming school year please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/ehurKfkBNxPLarg8A

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 9:28 pm
Anyone has any info on the new chassidish community being planned in Glades County Florida?

momallhours

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 9:46 pm
Efraim Feder posted a video with info on his status you can reach out to him for the video
Looks very cool!!!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 10:48 pm
momallhours wrote:
Efraim Feder posted a video with info on his status you can reach out to him for the video
Looks very cool!!!

Who is he and how can we see the video? Tia

nursemomma

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:11 pm
I heard about this, someone actually sent me their brochure. I Can’t upload the brochure but here’s contact info.
863.333.9400 INFO@LAKEFRONTESTATESFL.COM

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:13 pm
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:27 pm
nursemomma wrote:
I heard about this, someone actually sent me their brochure. I Can’t upload the brochure but here’s contact info.
863.333.9400 INFO@LAKEFRONTESTATESFL.COM

Brochure:

https://e.issuu.com/embed.html.....tates

GLUE

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 2:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Brochure:

https://e.issuu.com/embed.html.....tates

As someone who is never going to move there I have some questions, no point of bothering the people making this because I am not going to move there.

Growth:
-This caches on and becomes the place to move, What happens after all 150 houses are sold? Is there for a spillover to happen? How easy is to connect different neighborhoods together?Not something that is going to happen tomorrow but, it is something to think about.
-Rental Apartments? Were is the next generation going to live?What is the plan for were peoples kids are going to live after they get married or is this going to be a one generation plan?

Shuls\Mikva:
-I could not see how big the Shuls will be, I know that in Lakewood many developments were build with Shuls that were to small. Is the Shuls big enough for the community taking account on how big the average family will be?
-Will two shuls be enough for the community?
-How are the Mikva going to work? Is there going to be one mans Mikva and one ladies Mikva two of both?Did anyone really think to much into this?This is something to find out now before there is problems.
-Kalim Mikva, one of the more commen questions on the Lakewood form is were is the local Kalim Mikva? Answer, your local derange ditch, is that the same answer as this development?

Schools:
-There is two pieces of land for schools are they big enough? It says there will be a boys school, girls school elementary and High, yeshiva and Kollel is that enough land for all the needs?

Community:
-Is there going to be a tree canopy? You might not think this is necessary, but if this is going to be a walking community it helps to have trees to help block out the sun, it might even be a necessary.
-How far is the stores from the farthest house?Is it a 15 minute walk or farther?
-Will the central Park be big enough for the community's needs?
-Will there be alligators in the lake?(It is Florida)

I hope I am not annoying to many people with my(probably unwanted)questions, This is the way I think

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 4:01 pm
The new chassidish community is being built in what is essentially the middle of nowhere. Not close to any major city. There is tons of land to build additional developments nearby. And since there is so much land I would also assume they aren't squeezing when they're fitting in schools. Of course I have no real idea. I don't know how everyone will have a parnassa out there but that's for them to figure out.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 7:03 pm
Does anyone know the price range of houses?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 7:08 pm
500k range 3300 square ft

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 7:30 pm
This place sounds too good to be true I’m already one foot in

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 7:40 pm
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
500k range 3300 square ft

Where did you see this? The brochure showed a range of houses starting under 2000 sq ft. And said houses starting at 500,000. I doubt anything 3300 is going to be that price.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 9:13 pm
He says it on km today cheapest will be 380,000 I think

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 9:24 pm
If this new community has a mix of types and not just chassidish, then I'm literally buying tomorrow. I love the heat, palm trees, low taxes and no fear of draconian mask and vaccine mandates next winter.
I just wouldn't be able to handle a chassidishe enclave in the middle of nowhere. And I'm speaking as someone who is currently living in a chassidishe enclave. But it's different when you are in the tristate area vs rural Florida.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 9:26 pm
There are a lot of non chassidish people who want to move there but not to a chassidish enclave. Maybe we can get it to be a mixed crowd!

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 9:30 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
There are a lot of non chassidish people who want to move there but not to a chassidish enclave. Maybe we can get it to be a mixed crowd!

That would be amazing! I hope the developers think the same way.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 9:31 pm
That place looks like everyone's dream! Can it really become a reality? Doesn't seem to be stressing chassidish so are they looking for a mixed crowd? It will probably be more successful as a mixed crowd.

GLUE

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 10:06 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
The new chassidish community is being built in what is essentially the middle of nowhere. Not close to any major city. There is tons of land to build additional developments nearby. And since there is so much land I would also assume they aren't squeezing when they're fitting in schools. Of course I have no real idea. I don't know how everyone will have a parnassa out there but that's for them to figure out.

One thing I learned in my life is never assume anything.

Am I the only person who finds it strange that they are not showing what the shopping center, schools, shuls will look like?

In the browser it says there is room for growth, do they mean apartments for young couples?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Mar 15 2022, 10:38 pm
GLUE wrote:
One thing I learned in my life is never assume anything.

Am I the only person who finds it strange that they are not showing what the shopping center, schools, shuls will look like?

I'm guessing not much has been built yet and most of it is still on paper, and that construction depends on how many people actually sign up and give a deposit.
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating