Home

Torah Ohr in Eretz Yisroel

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:37 pm
Does anyone know what types of boys this Yeshiva usually attracts? Was recommended to us for our son..he’s our oldest but we’re clueless. Plus very nervous about “free time” for a boy in Israel too.

Are the boys who go here of good hashkafah?

amother

DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 2:29 am
With you OP, trying to find out more.

Think I might ask the Rebbe if any boys are there this year or last year so I can get in touch with their mothers.

mk10

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:31 pm
If you find out more, can you please post here? I'm also looking into it.
FYI, their website spells it Torah Ore.

amother

Mocha

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 12:44 am
My brother is there for decades. It's Rav Scheinberg's zt’l yeshiva. He really learned how to shteig there and is still there ka"h, children, grandchildren ka"h.

amother

White

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 7:29 am
I’ve been living in sorotzkin area since I got married.
Of the boys that have eaten at me, I’ve only had the best impressions. Well mannered, keep Seder, not running around doing nothing… Some do stay in kollel after marriage and really shteig, some not. I wouldn’t say they’re the most learned boys ever out of all the yeshivas (as in I don’t think there’s a large percentage that are extremely high level long term learners), but this is a great really frum yeshiva where boys actually learn imo. They have a basketball court (or something) out back which the boys use. The boys that ate at me, all different years, none of them smoked and said it wasn’t something that really was going on in their yeshiva, and I never notice anyone hanging around smoking. They seem to be extremely well mannered and calm, and I would readily accept Torah or bachurim in my home anytime! Can’t say the same about the Mir… They are a white shirt black hat yeshiva. As far as I remember, there are occasional trips but not very often.
Hope that helps

mk10

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 7:32 am
Very helpful, ty.

amother

OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 2:45 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I’ve been living in sorotzkin area since I got married.
Of the boys that have eaten at me, I’ve only had the best impressions. Well mannered, keep Seder, not running around doing nothing… Some do stay in kollel after marriage and really shteig, some not. I wouldn’t say they’re the most learned boys ever out of all the yeshivas (as in I don’t think there’s a large percentage that are extremely high level long term learners), but this is a great really frum yeshiva where boys actually learn imo. They have a basketball court (or something) out back which the boys use. The boys that ate at me, all different years, none of them smoked and said it wasn’t something that really was going on in their yeshiva, and I never notice anyone hanging around smoking. They seem to be extremely well mannered and calm, and I would readily accept Torah or bachurim in my home anytime! Can’t say the same about the Mir… They are a white shirt black hat yeshiva. As far as I remember, there are occasional trips but not very often.
Hope that helps

Yes extremely helpful thanks!!!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h