Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Missing person from Jackson-UPDATE: Found BDE
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 8:31 am
It sounds like the family needs their privacy. I say continue davening and have the family in mind as well Sad

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 8:33 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Why are there always such angry defensive posts about this topic? Is this coming from family on the site? Someone was publicly missing it is a reasonable question to ask what happened when there has been no follow up for 6 weeks.

Do you have a specific reason to need to know?
Seriously read the room. If there hasn't been any more information or follow up, then someone obviously wanted it to be that way, and we should respect that. Enough is enough.
Are you really such a yenta that you MUST know what happened for the sake of knowing?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 8:53 am
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
Do you have a specific reason to need to know?
Seriously read the room. If there hasn't been any more information or follow up, then someone obviously wanted it to be that way, and we should respect that. Enough is enough.
Are you really such a yenta that you MUST know what happened for the sake of knowing?

No one must know
But it is really not a normal response to bite peoples heads off and call them yentas for following up. When the information goes public you cant get amgry for people innocently asking what happened. It is normal for people to want to have closure if they were concerned or anxious and it is not fair to get angry and ballistic in response to innocent questions.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 8:54 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Why are there always such angry defensive posts about this topic? Is this coming from family on the site? Someone was publicly missing it is a reasonable question to ask what happened when there has been no follow up for 6 weeks.

I don't see it as angry or defensive. I'll be dlkz their tone just as I'm dlkz that people who are asking for updates aren't yentas.

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 01 2022, 8:59 am
Thread locked to avoid speculation as per the family’s wishes.
I will post if I hear any updates.
If you have an update from the family please pm me.

Yael

Post Sun, Mar 06 2022, 5:43 pm
The family requests that you continue to daven.
Thank you for respecting the family's wishes for privacy.

Yael

Post Mon, Mar 21 2022, 6:48 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

After many weeks of painstaking searching by Achiezer and other organizations, Jackson resident Mordy Gelfand has sadly been found deceased, having perished in a tragic accident in New Orleans. Mordy had gone missing while on a business trip to the city and was later confirmed to have been involved in a terrible mishap that cost him his life.

The meis is being tended to by Chevra Kadisha and is currently being flown to New York for kevurah.

Mordy, 33, was a loving husband and father who took tremendous pride in his family and was beloved by the Jackson community and all who were fortunate enough to know him. Mordy z”l took a special pride in being deeply involved in his shul and his children’s schools, often going out of his way to promote and advance the interests and needs of the tzibbur.

In his unassuming and quiet way, Mordy z”l was a tremendous baal chesed, and an individual who was described as selfless, deeply empathetic, and willing to go the extra mile for another’s sake.

He is survived by his wife Devorah, his children, his parents – Yaakov and Shira Gelfand – and his siblings – Adina Erez, Sarah Tova Stern, Avi Gelfand, and Aryeh Gelfand.

The family told YWN that the entire family are extremely grateful for Klal Yisroel’s tefillos on behalf of Mordy, and for their interest and concern for his wellbeing.

“It gave us and continues to give us tremendous chizuk knowing that so many yidden cared for Mordy and were davening for his safe return home,” a family member told YWN.

“We are also profoundly grateful to the volunteers from Hatzolah, Chaveirim, Shomrim, Achiezer, and other organizations, as well as the local police chaplains, for everything they did to find Mordy and bring him back to us.”

The family extended their thanks to Yehuda Eckstein, Elliott Zaks, Yossi Greenwald, Yaakov Gade, Chaim Meisels, Mendy Schecter of New Orleans Chabad and many others Most notably, is the tireless work that Boruch Ber Bender of Achiezer did, as he worked 24 hours a day for weeks on behalf of the family.”

The Levaya will tentatively take place on Tuesday. Details will be published when available.

Boruch Dayan HaEmes…
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics