Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Virginia Beach
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:59 am
Does anyone have info about going to Virginia Beach for pseach? Are there minyanim?

Food

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 11:21 am
I went last year with my DH. There are minyanim, but... BRING YOUR OWN FOOD!!! We lived on grapes and matzah for three days bc the only kosher food for miles and miles was chametz or cholov stam... Oh and I was in my first trimester...

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 11:45 am
What is there to do there for family?

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 11:48 am
Where exactly is there a minyan for Pesach ?
And whats there to do Chol Hamoed ?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 5:11 pm
There's an amazing ropes course, a massive go-kart place with many tracks, mini golf, biking on the boardwalk, relaxing on the beach, plus nearby Norfolk has an aircraft carrier to explore and a phenomenal boat ride through the ships in the Navy Yard there (way cooler than it sounds, was one of our favorite activities), plus a children's museum and other typical urban options.

Norfolk has an established shul. I believe there's a Chabad in VA Beach, and many families rent vacation villas there and arrange private minyanim in the Sandbridge section.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 5:43 pm
We are going chol hamoed. We went 2 Years ago as well. We plan on driving to Williamsburg for a day. We bring all our own food. We like to do a lot of barbecues for supper, we will bring a griddle so we can do eggs potatoes... Potatoes... I may buy a Betty crocker as well and bring that.
We rented a house on the beach ane last time there were plenty of minyanim

Food

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:21 pm
If you're planning a barbecue check the weather ahead of time, we brought raw meat with us and... it POURED! Ended up making our bbq in the parking garage of a hotel (that we didn't even stay in)...

Matisse

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:56 pm
We live in Norfolk and I have a small kosher catering business called cater613. I do Pesach catering with pick up a few days before Pesach. If you are interested in getting on my e-mail list, please let me know. Most things are non Gebrokts. I am happy to e-mail you last year's menu too:) Also, a large part of my business is making meals for business travelers visiting the area as well as Shabbos takeout, too.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:13 pm
Food wrote:
If you're planning a barbecue check the weather ahead of time, we brought raw meat with us and... it POURED! Ended up making our bbq in the parking garage of a hotel (that we didn't even stay in)...

We will also have indoor facilities to cook. Ttly not nervous...

Jfriedman

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 1:32 pm
Is there a whatsapp group for this? We were planning to go down and want to make sure we rent a house where we will have a minyan.
Thanks!

Aurora

Post Fri, Jan 28 2022, 1:47 pm
Matisse wrote:
We live in Norfolk and I have a small kosher catering business called cater613. I do Pesach catering with pick up a few days before Pesach. If you are interested in getting on my e-mail list, please let me know. Most things are non Gebrokts. I am happy to e-mail you last year's menu too:) Also, a large part of my business is making meals for business travelers visiting the area as well as Shabbos takeout, too.

I can totally vouch for the food. Plus, Norfolk has really wonderful communities.

phila

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 7:24 am
Very interested in this as well. If someone has contact info for someone who is in the Sandbridge group please post.
Thanks

Moonlight

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:22 pm
Don't forget the Virginia Beach aquarium
Also Nauticus museum in norfolk

believe22

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:58 pm
Bumping this up. Anyone have contact for sand ridge group or a whatsapp group?

clearbluenj

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 8:33 pm
https://chat.whatsapp.com/EHpa.....fZPQ1

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 8:03 am
Bumping
I am looking for activities to do in Virginia Beach. Any good ideas? All ages.

peacock

Post Wed, Apr 13 2022, 8:27 am
An amazing ropes course, a huge go-kart place, kayaking, the USS Wisconsin, a cool naval base cruise, Busch Gardens, VB bike rentals and mini golf, indoor jumping places,
Zoo , aquarium, childrens museum,

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:38 am
is there going to be a minyan for Pesach this year?
how much are the houses to rent?

doctorima

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:25 am
There will definitely be multiple minyanim in Sandbridge. House prices vary tremendously, depending on size, condition, amenities, distance to ocean, and more. For the entire YT it could be anywhere from 2-20k.

LibbyV

Post Thu, Jan 19 2023, 7:17 am
Hi there -

Is there anyone who can *confirm* that there will be minyanim in Sandbridge?

Also, how large is the area (how far might a minyan be)?

Is there any specific development where frum people are renting for Pesach this year?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics