Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher program at Rocking Horse Ranch?

scientist

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:58 pm
Does anyone know if a kosher caterer will be taking over Rocking Horse Ranch in upstate NY at the end of January? If yes, can you please post contact information?

scientist

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:49 pm
Bump

DVOM

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:50 pm
We'll be at Rocking Horse ranch the last week of January. Only prepackaged kosher airplane food.

scientist

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:01 pm
Thank you for responding. They provide prepackaged meals for all three meals?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 1:29 am
Not only will it only be frozen meals, but it will be very different than in the past when it was an exclusively Glatt kosher event. The place will be open to anyone, so they will be serving non kosher food as well. They will not have separate swimming, minyanim, or carefully selected entertainment and programming as in the past. Worst of all, they are using the exact same advertisement as they did when it was an exclusive Glatt kosher program. It is very misleading. People who have gone in the past can easily assume it’s the same program and will be in a for a shock.

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 9:57 am
amother [ DarkOrange ] wrote:
Not only will it only be frozen meals, but it will be very different than in the past when it was an exclusively Glatt kosher event. The place will be open to anyone, so they will be serving non kosher food as well. They will not have separate swimming, minyanim, or carefully selected entertainment and programming as in the past. Worst of all, they are using the exact same advertisement as they did when it was an exclusive Glatt kosher program. It is very misleading. People who have gone in the past can easily assume it’s the same program and will be in a for a shock.

Where was it advertised??

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:23 am
It looks like lots of fun, but wow, what a fortune! Are there any discounts available, or does everyone pay the rates on their website ($600+ per night)?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 10:47 am
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
Where was it advertised??

I got an email about it because I am on their mailing list from when I went to the Glatt kosher program a few years ago

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 11:48 am
I’m planning on going. Is it gonna b packed?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics