Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Teen Camp
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 6:42 pm
My daughter is finishing sixth grade. The last two years she went to Neranina. She loved it. Now it's time for teen camps. We don't know anything about them. She's also in a new school this year so she's still making friends, so we really can't go based on what her friends are doing. She likes having a good time but wouldn't thrive in an over the top kind of situation - she doesn't need/want two overnight trips, etc. She enjoys good wholesome fun in a structured environment.

Can you please guide me? What are my options? What type of crowds go where?

TIA

lkwdgirl

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:38 pm
Ramah is absolutely AMAZING. I have sent two girls and it’s definitely the best place!!! The director mrs Kaliszyner’s great and gives the girls an amazing experience.

sra

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:41 pm
I know the girl who is director there. Don't know anything about it, just know it has an amazing director!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 7:48 pm
Ask your dd teacher. I did this last gear when my dd was same age and she said many parents were asking her (don’t remember when. In year).
My dd went to camp it last year was a lot of fun. Tons trips. She loved it.
But I think at this age it is important to go with friends. Either school or neighborhood

Most teen camps are only first half.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:20 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:
Ramah is absolutely AMAZING. I have sent two girls and it’s definitely the best place!!! The director mrs Kaliszyner’s great and gives the girls an amazing experience.

Thank you! I so appreciate the response.
Can I ask...when you say amazing - in which ways?
Would you know which schools the girls are from? (Just so I can get an idea...)
Would you have the contact info for someone I can call?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 8:23 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Ask your dd teacher. I did this last gear when my dd was same age and she said many parents were asking her (don’t remember when. In year).
My dd went to camp it last year was a lot of fun. Tons trips. She loved it.
But I think at this age it is important to go with friends. Either school or neighborhood

Most teen camps are only first half.

Great idea to ask the teachers! Thanks.

One girl that my daughter is friendly with is considering Camp It. I’ve heard they have tons of trips, like you said. It’s interesting tho that my daughter doesn’t LOVE trips, which makes me unsure...

Also, if it’s only for first half, what do the girls do second half?

lkwdgirl

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! I so appreciate the response.
Can I ask...when you say amazing - in which ways?
Would you know which schools the girls are from? (Just so I can get an idea...)
Would you have the contact info for someone I can call?
(732) 614-3524. Fun. Exciting. Frum environment. Rather not say where my girls were in school don’t want to give my identity away.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Jan 17 2022, 9:15 pm
I sent to ramah and to other teen camps too. I would send back to ramah in a heartbeat! My daughter was never so happy in camp before! She had an amazing experience! Mrs kaluszyner is great!

jellybelly94

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 4:17 am
Daughter Loved camp it. Toned down crowd more simple yeshivish girls but they still do alot of trips. I tnink in general these teen camps r very into ra ra ra trips n overnites. But we found tht camp it was more toned down even trips wise than many other teen camps tht catered to a more fancy crowd.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:08 am
Thank you so much for the responses and for the info!! I’m always so grateful to my imamother family who helps guide me.

Seems Ramah and Camp it are the top suggestions.

Anyone has the contact info for Camp it?

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:11 am
Chodosh is also a very popular camp. I don't have kids that age, but a lot of my friends send there. Seems like they go on trips daily. They are located on oak street

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:26 am
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
Chodosh is also a very popular camp. I don't have kids that age, but a lot of my friends send there. Seems like they go on trips daily. They are located on oak street

I think I’ve heard that name mentioned. Thank you.

I will mention these names to my daughter and try to find out where some of the girls she’s friendly with are going.

Anyone know how these three camps compare/ differ?

Also where is Ramah and Camp It located?

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 5:43 am
I’m pretty sure ramah is in tiferes and camp it is in moreshes

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:09 am
I think Chodosh is over-the-top, which OP says she is not looking for.

OP if your DD is in a new school, then camp can be a bridge between this year and the next, helping her to cement friendships, get to know classmates better, etc...as such, it would be great if you find out where classmates that she likes, that she would like to know better, are going. I've found that the relaxed atmosphere in camp can be a great contributor to next year's social life.

I actually sent my DD at that age to Maalot daycamp, and she had a wonderful time. It wasn't crazy crazy, but it wasn't under-the-top either. It had campers from every school in town. My DD went with a lovely group of neighborhood girls, mostly from Bais Rivka Rochel and Bnos Yaakov, in addition to friends from Bais Faiga. I found that there was a very warm Ruach there that she got drawn into, she really had a nice time.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:29 am
I had neighbors that went to ramah, my daughter went to camp it.
Trip types and schedules were very similar
Camp it may have had more extreme times (early/late) drop offs and pick ups related to trips and activities.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:38 am
Chayalle wrote:
I think Chodosh is over-the-top, which OP says she is not looking for.

OP if your DD is in a new school, then camp can be a bridge between this year and the next, helping her to cement friendships, get to know classmates better, etc...as such, it would be great if you find out where classmates that she likes, that she would like to know better, are going. I've found that the relaxed atmosphere in camp can be a great contributor to next year's social life.

I actually sent my DD at that age to Maalot daycamp, and she had a wonderful time. It wasn't crazy crazy, but it wasn't under-the-top either. It had campers from every school in town. My DD went with a lovely group of neighborhood girls, mostly from Bais Rivka Rochel and Bnos Yaakov, in addition to friends from Bais Faiga. I found that there was a very warm Ruach there that she got drawn into, she really had a nice time.

You’re so right about camp having the possibility of cementing friendships. This is why I’m encouraging my daughter to ask the girls with whom she’s friendly where they will be going.
Thanks for the info about Maalot

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:39 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I had neighbors that went to ramah, my daughter went to camp it.
Trip types and schedules were very similar
Camp it may have had more extreme times (early/late) drop offs and pick ups related to trips and activities.

Thank you! That’s good to know.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:40 am
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
I’m pretty sure ramah is in tiferes and camp it is in moreshes

Thanks!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:20 am
Has anyone sent to camp neima? They said they aim to be a lower key teen camp, does anyone have experience?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 10:10 am
lkwdgirl wrote:
(732) 614-3524. Fun. Exciting. Frum environment. Rather not say where my girls were in school don’t want to give my identity away.

Thanks so much for the contact info. I spoke to her yesterday.

I totally get not wanting to give away your identity. No worries.

Does anyone have the contact info for Camp it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries