Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Why didn't we get in?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:12 am
We applied the minute applications were opened and didnt get into camp bnos ruach chaim. No references were called. My daughter is regular run of the mill girl. I know her school doesn't have the best name but would that make them sign her off completely?she is different than the school she goes to.she is frummer and more yeshivish. Also what do I do now?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:16 am
Is this a day camp or sleepaway camp?

I applied to a day camp for my daughter on the very first day registration opened and she was rejected because her age group is completely full already with previous campers and siblings who get priority. It's extremely frustrating.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:16 am
Did you try to call them? I would call and ask If theres any updates

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:19 am
Call and push.
Most ppl I know got on wait list. Even those with old connections to camp. (Including me)
Only ppl I know that got in are siblings.
I heard they got 300 applications for seventh grade Alone.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:24 am
Is this a general question? Perhaps more details are needed: location, school etc

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:52 am
It’s likely full

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:59 am
BRC is full just with siblings and returning campers. Can her principal or teacher push for her?

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:21 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Is this a general question? Perhaps more details are needed: location, school etc

It seems as though those who are familiar with the camp in question have been responding. Op posted the camps name. If one isn’t familiar with the camp then I can’t imagine they’d have anything helpful to add. Wink

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 11:58 am
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
It seems as though those who are familiar with the camp in question have been responding. Op posted the camps name. If one isn’t familiar with the camp then I can’t imagine they’d have anything helpful to add. Wink

While you are not incorrect, your post is completed unnecessary and you come across as cliquey and obnoxious.

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:24 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
While you are not incorrect, your post is completed unnecessary and you come across as cliquey and obnoxious.

I’m sorry if you felt it was rude. I just always wonder why ppl feel the need to ask for more information on something they obviously can’t help with (especially if there are others who already offered helpful advice to the op. Not like a thread where there are no responses an the op desperately bumps the thread and then someone helpfully responds that if the op would provide more details maybe more people would respond.)

I have no affiliation with this camp and opened the thread purely for curiosity’s sake.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:27 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:

I’m guessing she said that because the OP specified the issue was with bnos Ruach chain in the original post.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:30 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Why not google it? It’s a camp.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:32 pm
BRC is a very popular and overfull camp in Lakewood for many years already. In addition, it has connections to schools which now have grades old enough to attend. My girls are not the right age now, but it was not super easy to get in even several years ago.

I hate to use the word "pull", but that is often the economics by which scarce resources are distributed in Lakewood. At this point you can try to employ "pull" to try to get a remaining spot or snag one if they add bunks. You can call the office etc. Unfortunately, all this is best done immediately after applying and they are allocating slots.

I hope you applied to other camps. Reach out to them asap and push for your daughter to get in there as well.

I'm sorry your daughter didn't get in immediately and I hope her summer plans work out great whether in this camp or another.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:35 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
I hope you applied to other camps. Reach out to them asap and push for your daughter to get in there as well.

I'm sorry your daughter didn't get in immediately and I hope her summer plans work out great whether in this camp or another.

There’s plenty of time still to get into a less popular camp. I haven’t applied anywhere yet Smile

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:38 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
There’s plenty of time still to get into a less popular camp. I haven’t applied anywhere yet Smile

Excellent information for op and everyone to feel a bit less anxious!

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 12:40 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:

Which camps still gave happenings first half that lkwd girls attend? And not crazy expensive?
Maybe tubby? Any others?
If willing to go second half can maybe find something

amother
Topaz

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:43 pm
Clearly, there's a wide open market for another yeshivish girls' camp. Anyone?

keym

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:44 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:

A market for a yeshivish CHEAP girls camp.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 2:44 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:

There is a need. Problem is no camp will be as cheap.
BRC isn’t really for profit. That is how they can charge $1000 less then any other camp

Most ppl opening camps and buying land want to charge more to cover costs and make $$$ it’s a business and many families can’t afford it.
That is part of what makes brc so attractive. (Besides it’s well run the girls have a blast even tho it’s very low key like very few trips)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:26 pm
Thank you everyone for your replies! I don't have any pull I guess will have to try somewhere else. I'm wondering if the fact my sister (my daughter's aunt) went will help?is that like a 'sibling'?as in can I try using that as pull?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics