Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Oil/Fat Free Baking

vasikin wife

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:16 am
If anyone has a tried & true delicious cake without any oil or fats, please post.
Due to illness, I need to leave out all fats.
Thanks

BubblyBubby

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:23 am
I do a delicious sponge cake without fat. I just forgot the fat when I first made it and I never changed since. It is very versatile, you can change the receipe slightly.

3 eggs, separate, beat egg whites to snow)
90 g sugar (slowly add to eggwhites while beating snow)
add 3 egg yolks
90 g flour (mix carefully in with spatula).

That's the basic receipe (you can also do it with more eggs, adapt according to your needs)

Now if you want muffins, you add chocolate chips in the end and pour it muffin shapes
Or you add blueberries for blueberry muffins.

or if you want a 2 color sponge cake, you take a bit less flour to own haf and add in 2 spoons of cocoa powder.

You can also do it with almonds instead of flour... (for pessach)

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 1:50 am
This might be a BestBubby recipe, don’t recall for sure...
My family likes it Smile

Healthy Double Chocolate Brownie Cakes makes 9

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3C unrefined cane sugar/brown sugar** (I used a Demerara sugar I found in my local grocery, which is raw cane sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
Around 1/2 cup chopped chocolate or chocolate chips (optional, but so much better!)

Preheat oven to 180°C/355°F.
In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate medium mixing bowl combine applesauce, sugar and vanilla and pour into dry ingredients.
Mix until just combined and stir through the chocolate.
Pour brownie mixture into greased muffin tins or muffin cups until 3/4 full.
Bake for 6-12 minutes or until brownies are set and the edges start to pull in from the sides.

*If you want to make a pan of brownies, pour batter into a greased and/or lined 8x8 baking pan and bake for around 20 minutes.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:02 am
You can mix up a box of cake mix with a can of soda, and bake in a greased pan.

Or a box of cake mix and a can of 100% pure pumpkin puree and bake into muffins.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:26 am
Does your condition also exclude coconut oil? You might want to check with your doctor. Coconut oil is an anti inflammatory, and is processed in the body much easier than other oils. If you mix it half and half with applesauce you can make amazing things.

Remember that egg yolks are high in fat, too. Keep that in mind when adapting recipes.

If you have a gall bladder problem and can't process fats well, keep the fats to a low amount, but you don't have to eliminate them entirely. Just drink a small shot of apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice after each meal. The acid will help with digestion, and replace the bile that is missing.

Your hair, skin, and especially your brain all need a certain amount of fat to function. If you start feeling light headed, or like you can't quite wrap your head around things, take a teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil, and see if it clears up quickly. You should feel a "whoosh" of relief and almost instant clearer thinking. It's SUPER important that you stay aware of this. Don't mess with your brain.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 7:34 am
Can u have regular sugar ? Have the best chocolate cake ever without oil
But it’s not healthy?

jflower

Post Thu, Jan 20 2022, 8:41 am
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
Can u have regular sugar ? Have the best chocolate cake ever without oil
But it’s not healthy?

Please post.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics