Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Affordable glasses store in lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:25 pm
In the past I've felt like I've wayyyy overpaid for glasses. Current glasses are nearly 4 years old and I'm desperate for a new pair with my new prescription. I went to check out visionworks and america's best in Brick today, but they were totally COVID freaked out, and I couldn't handle it. Both stores mandated masks (can't possibly see how I look in glasses while wearing a mask!), but what was insane was that any pair of glasses you even touched had to go in a special bin for sanitizing and if you actually tried on a pair, it had it's own special bin for deeper sanitizing. Like seriously??
Is there any normal non-freaked out place for me to go and actually pay reasonable prices? I guess I'll have to do without the nice "return/change your mind" deals those stores have, but that I can deal with. Not looking for designer frames, but I feel like when I've gone to the frum stores the prices seem designer level regardless of which pair and lenses you choose.

Please don't advise me to buy glasses online. Specifically want a brick&mortar store.

Thank you for your help!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:29 pm
I’ve found the glasses store on 4th and Clifton to have a great selection of cheaper frames. Mine came out to about $100 after insurance , even though I need special lenses which are more expensive and not covered by insurance.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:34 pm
Oh, and I don't have any vision benefits on my insurance, so... But I can check out that place. Google says that's Clearview Eyewear?

bargainlover

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:38 pm
Was very happy with Clearview and optical Eyeland (by evergreen)
Both have very reasonable prices

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 6:39 pm
We were very happy with optical eyeland in the Oak and Vine shopping center.
945 River Ave, Lakewood, NJ 08701
The prices didn't seem that expensive compared to Brooklyn. All my kids glasses were under $200.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:09 pm
Another vote for optical eyeland

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:14 pm
Eyewear Unlimited. I get $100 per kid on insurance but I pay out of pocket instead because the stores that take my lousy insurance domt do a good job with their glasses. Eyewear is very affordable.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 7:18 pm
I’ve been very happy at Optical eyeland

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 8:20 pm
Warby Parker!! Awesome store. I got glasses there all the time. Great prices and costumer service. There’s a couple of branches closest to lkwd is the one in shrewsberry. (25 min)

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 9:32 pm
I always go to optical eyeland as well. Have varying prices on all diff glasses and they help you find something in your budget. Super friendly, clean, not covid crazy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries