Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
IPhone

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:11 pm
I forgot my login password and by mistake wiped my phone clean Crying
Is there anyway to recover the lost messages and photos?
I have my old password now.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:16 pm
When you sign back in you should see everything from your last phone backup. It gets saved on your icloud.
If it wasn't backed up then I dont know if you can recover it...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:18 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
When you sign back in you should see everything from your last phone backup. It gets saved on your icloud.
If it wasn't backed up then I dont know if you can recover it...

My phone was not backed up in almost 2 months 😢

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:20 pm
Is there anyway to retrieve the messages and photos that were not backed up?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:20 pm
Can't Believe It
Oish.

Maybe theres some fancy techie way of recovering everything from the past 2 months, but I wouldn't know.
maybe contact apple support.

that's super annoying tho; I've had that happen.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:30 pm
Contact Apple support tomorrow as they are helpful and will let you know whether it is feasible/

Why don't you backup automatically? You can set your iPhone to backup to iCloud automatically. My computer also backs up to an external hard drive automatically every hour. It makes a huge difference if your device dies or if you lose your iPhone or damage it in some way.

A certain amount of storage is free on iCloud but I pay for additional storage because it is worth it to have everything done automatically and to have all of my devices synch so easily.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:31 pm
Amarante wrote:
Contact Apple support tomorrow as they are helpful and will let you know whether it is feasible/

Why don't you backup automatically? You can set your iPhone to backup to iCloud automatically. My computer also backs up to an external hard drive automatically every hour. It makes a huge difference if your device dies or if you lose your iPhone or damage it in some way.

A certain amount of storage is free on iCloud but I pay for additional storage because it is worth it to have everything done automatically and to have all of my devices synch so easily.

I will back it up automatically going forward! But I didn’t realize how important it is 😔

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 18 2022, 10:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I will back it up automatically going forward! But I didn’t realize how important it is 😔

Unfortunately I learned awhile ago that inevitably something will happen that will cause you to lose all of your data on your computer or other device. 😥 With me I woke up and my computer had completely died.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:40 am
I just switched from Android to Apple. Dh put on a setting that automatically deletes everything after a certain amount of failed attempted logins. Are you saying that if you back everything to iCloud the stuff on iCloud won't get deleted?

Was trying to find my backup to check if it's on then found storage and now I started a new thread. Help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics