Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Pls recommend parenting classes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:17 am
Ideally Torah based and male, so my husband and I can both benefit (I think dh would probably be more comfortable with a male). Also open to secular if it's the right fit.

My husband is very smart and an intellectual type, he learned in kollel for a while and has smicha and also a doctoral degree now works in a research based field in a high level position. So it's hard to find speakers he respects and relates to, you get the picture.
But I think he (and I) would greatly benefit from parenting classes as our kids (ages 8 and under) are giving us a run and we don't necessarily have the best parenting.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:22 am
Rabbi shais Taub has a parenting course

Another option by a principal
8-week parenting course primarily based off "How to Talk So Kids Will Listen" with influences from Ross Greene, John Gottman, Love and Logic, and conscious discipline
https://proactivejewishparenting.com

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:00 am
Rebbetzin spetner

TravelHearter

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:10 am
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
Rebbetzin spetner

I’ve heard so much about her but she’s in Israel how do I get her parenting classes?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:38 am
mushkamothers wrote:
Rabbi shais Taub has a parenting course

Another option by a principal
8-week parenting course primarily based off "How to Talk So Kids Will Listen" with influences from Ross Greene, John Gottman, Love and Logic, and conscious discipline
https://proactivejewishparenting.com

Thank you! I'm going to look into these options.

I have heard that Rebbetzin Spetner is great, and there are teachers in America who teach her method. However, I'm specifically looking for something that both I and my husband can do together, since he spends a lot of time with the kids too.

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:43 am
Rebbetzin Spetner is coming to America soon. It's only for women but you get a recording of the whole (very intense) course that you can listen to with your husband.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:46 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Rebbetzin Spetner is coming to America soon. It's only for women but you get a recording of the whole (very intense) course that you can listen to with your husband.

What do you mean by "very intense"?

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:50 am
Not OP, ( if you mind if I ask my q, let me know and I'll do a spinoff...)
Any recommended parenting course, female or male , that has recorded online classes, Preferably video? I have children under the age of 3 and they already give me a run for my money BH Can't Believe It

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:53 am
I am more logical and not super emotional. I found that Collaborative Problem Solving was the best fit for me. its looking at my kids behavior as lack of skills and how to teach the skills instead of the approach that if only they were more motivated or they just like to push my buttons.

I read the explosive child but there is also a book called raising human beings that is for more neurotypical kids. I also went to a parenting group at my kids school. In my city we have an agency that oversees all the schools and they run occasional parenting classes by zoom. If you want to PM me I can email you their info and you can ask them if you can participate from a different city.

They are running a new session starting the 26th. I just checked the flyer.

Last edited by mha3484 on Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 11:59 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:

how can we find out information about this??

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:08 pm
Not male but I lived Blimie Heller. Did not find it fluffy at all. She has a lot of sources from psychologist, studies, even seforim. My husband enjoyed too

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you mean by "very intense"?

It's just jammed packed into about a week of night classes. It's a lot of information but she is captivating and brilliant and you don't realize the time. I (and most of my friends that did it) sat with our husbands and went over our notes right after each class.

Regarding more info - I got an email but it doesn't seem to be a photo I can download to upload here. It says that the beginner seminar will be given in Lakewood Monday February 21-28 every night including motzai Shabbos. For more info email seminar@spetner.org.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics