Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
ISO windows computer for graphic design

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 12:57 am
I am on the market for a new computer, I have to return the macbook I had been using to my previous employer next week.
I definitely do not want a Mac, because it is important to me that it be filterable.
I have to decide if I want a laptop or PC. I assume I am looking for around 1TB HD, 32GB RAM. Does anyone have any experience good or bad or recommendations? Thanks!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 1:59 am
Macs are filterable.

A Windows laptop will last way shorter than a Mac version. You need brand name because the amount of potential speed bottlenecks are huge.

The size of the HD really depends what you are doing. I have a 2TB SSD (Mac) and it's pretty much full, but contains about 2 decades worth of work. If you offload your stuff you don't need as much on-board storage, and if you're doing video you'll need more.

An SSD is a million orders of magnitude faster than a standard drive.

More memory is better. 16 GB is probably the bare minimum. I have that, but only because I have an SSD. If no SSD I would have wanted 64+.

shyner

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:33 am
Mac is definitely able to be filtered, gentech works for mac and windows and mac you can also use the parental controls without affecting the performance at all.
you won't find a windows machine better than a mac, especially since the new apple M1 chips and soon M2, you will also get more for your money with the new M1 machines, I compared the prices a few weeks ago between a top end windows and the 16 inch macbook pro with similar specs and the mac was a few hundred dollars cheaper. Even the M1 macbook air out perform the higher spec windows machines,

If you do want stick with Windows, look into Dell xps line , Lenovo X1 line, or microsoft surface book, you can spec them up however you like.

I got a high end windows laptops and a year into use and it really isn't performing well
I was considering buying a macbook and at that point the macbook airs were just not worth it, I was really upset when a month later the new m1 macbook airs launched, I would definitely have gone for that.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 5:45 pm
I'm a bit of a tech geek and would definitely go for a Mac if that was an option. If not I would choose a gaming laptop, MSI recently launched a line for creatives.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics