Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
New kitchen sink - what did you buy recently?

bargainlover

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 5:58 pm
And are you happy with it? Stainless steel under mount sink

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 6:08 pm
LOVE IT! Got recently - two D-sinks in my kitchen, stainless undermount. I also love the faucets I got, at a poster on this site's recommendation. They clean so easily.

bargainlover

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:17 pm
Chayalle wrote:
LOVE IT! Got recently - two D-sinks in my kitchen, stainless undermount. I also love the faucets I got, at a poster on this site's recommendation. They clean so easily.

Thank you! Would you happen to know the company/model or have a link?

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:51 pm
I have franke brand

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 19 2022, 7:56 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Thank you! Would you happen to know the company/model or have a link?

No idea. It was provided by the business I went with for countertops.

sg27

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 7:51 pm
Anyone have a rectangle sink they’re happy with? Also do most do stainless or porcelain for an undermount?

Seeking

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 8:47 pm
Fireclay white is best for undermount sink

faigyl

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:06 pm
I got a blanco under mount sink. Super happy. It’s really pretty (as pretty as a sink can be lol)

sg27

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:13 pm
I thought stainless was done more often

Seeking

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:28 pm
White is much more often taken. Stainless ppl take not to see the dirt. White cast iron if it chips you see grey cuz it's painted that's why ppl don't like. But if you go with fireclay it's basically completely white clay that they formed in a sink. If you take the same companies grid then there shouldn't even happen any scratches. Just clean it regularly and you'll enjoy the white clean look.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:37 pm
sg27 wrote:
Anyone have a rectangle sink they’re happy with? Also do most do stainless or porcelain for an undermount?

Porcelain cannot be kashered. I hardly ever spec a porcelain sink for a frum client. Metal sinks — stainless or copper — are kasherable.

21young

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:38 pm
I have this sink, it’s really great. Very affordable and good quality. https://www.qualitybath.com/la.....2.htm

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 01 2022, 9:40 pm
Fireclay is not as durable as enamel over cast iron. It can crack easily - google regarding its durability. It is a popular choice for farmhouse style sinks because it has a vintage look.

If you want a white sink, the Kohler sinks are quite durable. I had one for years with no problems and they are relatively easy care as you scrub them with Barkeepers friend.

Most people now opt for stainless steel because it is easier to care for than enamel sinks.

In my opinion, undermounted sinks are far better than over mounted sinks because you just swipe any crumbs right into the sink from the counter. With a top mounted sink crud gets caught and you can't sweep stuff directly into the counter.

Consider what is called a ledge style sink which has a thin ledge running around the top of the interior and so you can set cutting boards and grids in their and expand your counter and prep area. It is really a wonderful thing to have especially in a smaller kitchen with more limited counter space. It also is cleaner since you prep right over the sink. I have the cutting board; a cutting board with a bowl set in it and a "grid" - the grid mostly stays over a portion of the sink and I can use it as an extension of the counter - either to hold things or to use for wet produce or hand washed items.

The gauge of the steel is an indicator of quality - best quality would be 14 gauge in any metal

I have what is called an offset drain - it is in the rear and on the side. This way my drains don't cut the sink cabinet in half and so I can have both a garbage disposal plus a pull out trash contained in the sink cabinet. It is also handy because you can stack dishes or use one half of the sink without covering up the drain since it isn't in the middle.

I have a copper sink - Farmhouse style with what is called a living finish. It changes "color" because it will get shiny spots if something acidic hits it and then the patina becomes restored in a little while. It is very easy to take care of because all I do is take a sponge with some Dawn if there is grease.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars