Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If u have to renew your license, r u upgrading to enhanced?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:22 am
or to a real ID? It looks like only 5 states have enhanced but most have real ID. Do you think airlines will start enforcing the real/enhanced ID to fly in 2023?

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
or to a real ID? It looks like only 5 states have enhanced but most have real ID. Do you think airlines will start enforcing the real/enhanced ID to fly in 2023?
I did . It's just worth it. I am not in the mood of stepping into one of these places who will say "oh that ID is not valid" and get myself into problems.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:46 am
Def get a real ID. Enhanced is just to cross the border by car- so only worth it if you do that

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:48 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Def get a real ID. Enhanced is just to cross the border by car- so only worth it if you do that
Can I get a real ID renewal by mail, or do I have to go in person?

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 7:50 am
You probably have to go in person to get REAL ID. There’s definitely value in having it.

The DMV website should have clear instructions. Google it.

Mindfully

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 8:30 am
Yes. Can't remember why but at the time it made sense.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 9:52 am
If you dont have a passport, definitely. Or just get a passport. I got enhanced bec we drive down to Canada from time to time.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 10:29 am
When I went to renew my license, the line for renewal had about 5 people and going quickly, while the line for enhanced had about 25. I travel with a passport, so I got a regular.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 10:34 am
I wanted to do the Real, because I don't want to have to pay to redo it in a year or two.
I didn't have the necessary paperwork on me for the upgrade so I just did a regular.

STovah

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 11:22 am
When mine was up for renewal, NYS had just started to allow illegal immigrants to get licenses and wait times were out of control, so I renewed online instead of going down in person to get the REAL ID.

singleagain

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:24 pm
I was going to get real ID but in NJ you have to make appointment and I kept forgetting to look so I just did regular online and I'm annoyed bc now I'll have to pay again.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 12:29 pm
In NY, you can make an appointment, and wait times are minimal. I'm going next week.

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Jan 21 2022, 1:15 pm
I got the enhanced. I figured why not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries