Home

Full-time childcare in Cleveland
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


notshanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Still tentative but hoping to, yes. I have a full-time job offer already and my husband's accepted into a kollel.


If you have any older kids make sure they are accepted into school BEFORE you move her.
As far as people working, most people have one parent on a flexible schedule such as in kollel and one parent with a more serious job. Typically whoever is not the breadwinner fills in the childcare gaps.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:07 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
If you have any older kids make sure they are accepted into school BEFORE you move her.
As far as people working, most people have one parent on a flexible schedule such as in kollel and one parent with a more serious job. Typically whoever is not the breadwinner fills in the childcare gaps.
'I'm aware. Not concerned about that for various reasons but thanks
Back to top

GoldFlowers




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:13 pm
Me and my husband both worked full time when we first moved here. We send our kids to mizrachi so we had the full time aftercare option but I ended up hiring a babysitter for those hours.
Back to top

amother




Tuberose
 

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:20 pm
A lot of the kollels pay, so there is no need for the wife to work full time. Most women work part time and between that and cheap housing and generally way lower standards than “in town”, they make it work.
Would it be wise for women to work full time and save for the future when they’ll need more money? Possibly financially, but it’s not the culture here. People live a slower paced, more relaxed lifestyle here. I don’t regret doing it this way. I got to spend lots of time with my kids, friends, neighbors, had time to be involved and participate in the community, volunteer, go to the gym, make supper for new moms, host shabbos meals, I moved and I miss it.
Back to top

GoldFlowers




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:34 pm
OP where exactly are you moving to?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sat, Jan 22 2022, 10:41 pm
GoldFlowers wrote:
OP where exactly are you moving to?

hopefully University Heights
Back to top

amother




Snow
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:34 am
I guess that means your dh will be in one of the UH kollels, or maybe HAC's.
Hatzlacha!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:01 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
I guess that means your dh will be in one of the UH kollels, or maybe HAC's.
Hatzlacha!

Yup. Thank you!
Back to top

amother




Snow
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:05 am
Another comment:
Maybe reconsider your full time job. Even if it works out while your kids are little, you'll have to keep dealing with it as they grow older. Of course, you can find different options in the future.

Most women don't work full time because it's bh not really needed here. You may feel like the odd one out, scrambling to find childcare each year.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:08 am
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Another comment:
Maybe reconsider your full time job. Even if it works out while your kids are little, you'll have to keep dealing with it as they grow older. Of course, you can find different options in the future.

Most women don't work full time because it's bh not really needed here. You may feel like the odd one out, scrambling to find childcare each year.

That's fair. For now I think this makes sense to us. I would feel uncomfortable moving to a brand new place without knowing for a fact that we will be financially stable (which BH thanks to this job we will be). I would never want to have to rely on the community or on family for our basic needs.
We do plan to reevaluate in a year or two.
Back to top

GoldFlowers




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
hopefully University Heights


I started out in UH and now live in beachwood. It’s possible that most women don’t work full time, but I know many who do. Good luck! I hope something works out.
Back to top

amother




cornflower
 

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 10:12 am
OP, did you end up moving here?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 7:47 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
OP, did you end up moving here?

Yup! Hi Smile
Still looking into childcare options
Back to top

amother




Snow
 

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 8:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup! Hi Smile
Still looking into childcare options


Wow! Welcome!!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Wow! Welcome!!

Thank you!!
Back to top

amother




cornflower
 

Post Thu, Mar 10 2022, 9:42 pm
I also just moved here and haven't been able to work as I haven't found any childcare options. I'm figuring out how to be a full time stay at home, for now at least, until I figure something out!
Back to top

amother




Babypink
 

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 8:34 pm
bump - OP, were you able to find anything? We need to move to another community and are considering Cleveland, but both my husband and I work full time so we would need childcare. Can't imagine moving without it...
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Apr 06 2022, 8:52 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
bump - OP, were you able to find anything? We need to move to another community and are considering Cleveland, but both my husband and I work full time so we would need childcare. Can't imagine moving without it...

I haven't been looking seriously yet. Right now we're considering something more part-time (9 to 3 or so) and having family fill in the gaps.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Full house tv show- where to watch online?
by amother
0 Today at 12:04 am View last post
Strep came out positive 2 full days later
by amother
7 Wed, May 18 2022, 12:51 pm View last post
Where to buy full shabbos - takeout place, grocery?
by amother
9 Fri, May 13 2022, 6:15 pm View last post
Any Cleveland Imas?
by amother
26 Thu, May 12 2022, 3:20 pm View last post
ISO Jewish full time or live in nanny / help Brooklyn 0 Tue, May 10 2022, 9:07 am View last post