Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
In 10 years…

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 8:22 am
I was having a discussion with my dh about how life goes by very quickly. I asked him if he remembers what happened 10 years ago, in general the year. He didn’t. I asked what about in 10 years from now, do you think you’ll remember this year. Then we got to talking about what we think will be in 10 years from now. He said flying cars and I said I think I’ll be dead Surprised and I would think about where my children will be because now they’re mostly adults, so by then they will be more so. So many health problems are creeping in with me.

Anyway, where do you think you will be in 10 years and what do you think will be? Do you think there will be flying cars Smile Wink ?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 8:30 am
10 years ago my mom was alive and I was desperate to become a mom. Now I’m a busy mom who has no mom of her own.
Funny where life takes you.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 8:38 am
Ten tears ago I had just started nursing school. Now I'm helping bear the burden of Corona. Definitely not what I had thought of.

In ten years time I hope Corona will have faded into the background. Theres a good chance of self driving cars, but I'm not counting on flying ones.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 8:48 am
10 years ago I was just getting over thyroid cancer and everything that went with that(total thyroidectomy, RAI - radioactive iodine and never beign the same physically ever again).
In ten years from now, I hope Ill be a a grandmother and be in a much better financial position.
I do not hope there will be flying cars (the jetsons anyone? Smile )

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:05 am
10 years ago I was managing, mostly happy with my life, hadn’t gone through much yet.
Now I’m after some very hard times. I’m depressed. Not enjoying life. Don’t see much hope.
If a Moshiach will not be here in 10 years from now I can’t imagine how our generation will survive mentally.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:20 am
Ten years ago I was a hopeful optimistic senior. Now I’m a harried wife and mommy of two living in naa a place I’d never thought I be in (different country, different planet than from where I was raised). financially insecure, my marriage is insecure. I’m also 45 pounds heavier then I was then Can't Believe It I’ve been on quite a journey first realizing I had a emotionally abusive childhood, then coming to terms with it and trying to get rid of my baggage so I can be a more stable mother and wife.
But I am blessed beyond measure with my adorable children and supportive husband (I always had a fear I’d get married late and have children late. I got married early and had a baby too quickly…b”H)

In ten years from now I hope I will be married for 16 years. I hope it will be a secure loving and much happier. I hope I will have 2 more kids so that I can be done with it. I hope I will have made time to fulfill my personal dreams. I hope my DH finds a fulfilling Parnassah and that we build a beautiful big house. I hope to have full time help and money so that we can have the open house we have always dreamed of. I got my difficult child gets the help he needs by then and blossoms to mature (ish I guess) teen.

Amen.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:26 am
10 years ago I was 15 and never thought my b**B's would disappear.
In 10 years I really hope they miraculously reappear.

In all seriousness though I pretty much thought I'd be where I am. Kollel life, a couple of kids, the works.

In 10 years I hope to have some more kids and be content with wherever we live, my job, my kids schools, also pretty standard stuff. Hope that my home is full of simcha and that I could afford cleaning help.

Clearly life hasn't really hit me yet...

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:53 am
10 years ago I was graduating high school. I had no plans for my life other than the vague, desperate hope that I would NOT get married right away and NOT have kids right away. I wanted to do something with my life but didn't know what.

Lo and behold I got married at age 20. Have a few small kids. Am starting my own business. Just bought a house (although not where I want to live but for now it works).

In another 10 years I hope we'll all be happy and healthy.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 1:58 am
10 years ago I was living in another state in what I thought would be the house I would raise all my kids.

In 10 years I don't know what will bring, I hope a lot of my kids will be married

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 2:11 am
10 years ago I was a kid in junior high.

Now I'm freshly divorced, in between jobs, trying not to become a falling apart divorcee cliche.

In 10 years I hope I'll be blissfully married to an amazing guy, have a couple kids, and have a career in copywriting.

But most of all, I hope I'll have learned to be content and confident no matter what's going on.
And have improved my relationship with G-d.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:34 am
IDK why everyone's answering about where they were 10 years ago when OP asked where do you think you'll be 10 years in the future.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:58 am
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
IDK why everyone's answering about where they were 10 years ago when OP asked where do you think you'll be 10 years in the future.

Maybe because it gives them a barometer for how much things can change in 10 years.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:06 am
10 years ago I had a toddler and very hard baby. Worked at minimum wage and was broke and in debt. Now we bh crawled out of debt, bought a house and have a pretty stable income bh. I thought by now we’d be more comfortable financially and that I’d have at least 3 more kids (but unexplained SIF happened) My hope for the next 10 years is to have better mental and physical health, better finances and 2-3 more kids

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:09 am
10 years ago I was working, just hanging out with a good friend, trying to grow as a person, carefree and trying to move across the world.
Now I’m married to said good friend (oops!) and trying to be carefree again, while still growing as a person. Never moved.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics