Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How old is the oldest imamother
Previous  1  2  3  4

Oldest imamothers
60-69  
 46%  [ 18 ]
70-75  
 20%  [ 8 ]
76-79  
 10%  [ 4 ]
80-85  
 7%  [ 3 ]
86-89  
 0%  [ 0 ]
90-96  
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 39

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 7:15 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I am fifty with a six-year old. 🤷‍♀️

I would think that would make you young

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:55 pm
I will be turning 70 in a short few months iyH.
I feel very young here at Imamother.
Have been here for many years.
I have several thousand posts under my screenname.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 10:58 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I will be turning 70 in a short few months iyH.
I feel very young here at Imamother.
Have been here for many years.
I have several thousand posts under my screenname.

Ad maya vesrim with health and happiness!
If you don’t mind my asking, do you feel like things changed here in the past couple of years? Was this place more or less enjoyable when you started out here?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:00 pm
sra wrote:
lol there's so many 90-96 year old imamothers!

I think people are misunderstanding this poll.
Reading it as “what age would you guess is the oldest imamother here.”
The poll question should’ve read “how old are you”.
Time for a spin off and redo.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:14 pm
I'm in my low 50's and joined ima in my late 30's. FTR I am not a grandmother. At that time I was one of the older members and was one of those who suggested the 35+ forum. It started at that age because there were very few imamothers 35 and over! At the time I was one of the oldest women on the polls. I'm glad to see I don't even rate on this one!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 11:16 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
I’m almost 50 and I feel very old here. The thing is- I have young kids so I’m still busy with child raising and related issues. I don’t really open the pregnancy and nursing threads anymore and there really are lots of those. Sometimes I wish there would be something separate for older women but I’m not really sure where I fit in. I’m not old. I have an 8 year old, an 11 year old… I’m not a grandmother yet because I didn’t have children until I was 33 so my oldest is only almost 17. Come to think of it, I really don’t know where I fit in but I know it’s definitely not with the 19,20 year olds and I think there are lots of them on here.

You fit in with me!

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 5:49 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I would think that would make you young

Or maybe just aware that the other mommies are much younger than me.

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:52 am
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I remember one was in her 70s! I'm shocked I don't think my 70 yr old grandmothers could navigate this lol

Hello???
Personal computers have been around since about 1977 and became very popular in the 1980s, 40 years ago. Your 70-y/o grandmothers would have been in their 30s at the time. Yeesh!

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 8:57 am
My cousin's mother was a computer programmer in the 1950s. As in mainframe. As in the kind that occupied an entire room if not an entire building. Long before the personal computer was anything more than a prop in a science-fiction story.

fitmom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:36 am
Very Happy I am in my mid sixties and BH a great grandmother- and I work full time- age is a relative term!

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:42 am
fitmom wrote:
Very Happy I am in my mid sixties and BH a great grandmother- and I work full time- age is a relative term!

Love this! I’m 49 and just realized that when I go upstairs I get out of breath!!! I’m not a grandmother yet so I’m really getting worried about what will be with me as I’m really not in shape.
Fitmom, your post is an inspiration!

fitmom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 9:53 am
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up BH- I get tired just like anyone else after a long day, but walking for exercise helps energize; and trying new skills ( yes- I am getting tech-saavy!) helps.....

Fox

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 10:53 am
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
If you don’t mind my asking, do you feel like things changed here in the past couple of years? Was this place more or less enjoyable when you started out here?

Sixty-one and on Imamother for 15 years. One of the things I enjoyed most about Imamother -- and something that's all but disappeared -- is that we used to be able to vent about things that irked us without putting our entire derech on trial.

Chassidish women who didn't drive, for example, could talk about the pros and cons and ways they solved problems within the framework of their Chassidus. Non-Chassidish women could jump in with solutions to specific problems ("You can phone in a delivery order to the ABC Pharmacy.")

That's mostly gone now, and all but the most intrepid women are gone with it. Just look at the current driving thread.

I actually had a conversation IRL with a poster who explained that she participated aggressively in such discussions "to show women they don't have to live that way." That mentality seemed to me to embody the lack of respect that has made Imamother less fun, less interesting, and less supportive.

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 11:06 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
I am fifty with a six-year old. 🤷‍♀️

I'm 48 now but when I'm 50 I'll have a 6 yo.

Will be a grandmother soon iyH.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 12:49 am
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
As per a Mishpacha article this week they have difficulty navigating technology.

I am 53, and excuse me I'm doing just fine navigating technology. I might not know every newest shtick, but I dont feel out of touch in the least bit. And I don't have teenagers at home.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics