Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Food stamps-important

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:25 pm
I just received a termination letter from Food stamps because I failed to provide information....but when they requested it, I mailed it in!! (this was over a month ago) anyone ever dealt with this and knows what steps I should take to resolve this? TIA for all your help

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just received a termination letter from Food stamps because I failed to provide information....but when they requested it, I mailed it in!! (this was over a month ago) anyone ever dealt with this and knows what steps I should take to resolve this? TIA for all your help

I guess they didn’t get your mail. You can always upload your docs online so this doesn’t happen.
Just call them up and speak to a rep to hear if they can reopen the case.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:30 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
I guess they didn’t get your mail. You can always upload your docs online so this doesn’t happen.
Just call them up and speak to a rep to hear if they can reopen the case.

You've had this experience before? thanks for answering

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You've had this experience before? thanks for answering

Yes. I just reapplied and missed a month of benefits, but I believe a representative might be able to help you appeal your case so you don’t lose a month.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:35 pm
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
Yes. I just reapplied and missed a month of benefits, but I believe a representative might be able to help you appeal your case so you don’t lose a month.

Meaning you had to reapply from scratch? Or is there a chance they'll re open my case if I play my cards right? Also does the fourth street place take walk ins? Maybe I'll just go and explain...or is that counter-productive

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:38 pm
Do you have proof they got you recertification? I had that I dropped off my Jersey care recertification to the office. I went on the day they were open till 4:30. They only have one office open for all of the departments and they just send the documents to the correct department. Somehow my recertification did not make it to the correct office. I was able to prove that I handed it in on time and they lost it. All I had to do was regather all of the documents and regards it in.

busy613

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:42 pm
I heard they aren’t closing medical due t covid guidelines- for stamps I think if u call ASAP u can get it retroactive

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:43 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
Do you have proof they got you recertification? I had that I dropped off my Jersey care recertification to the office. I went on the day they were open till 4:30. They only have one office open for all of the departments and they just send the documents to the correct department. Somehow my recertification did not make it to the correct office. I was able to prove that I handed it in on time and they lost it. All I had to do was regather all of the documents and regards it in.

I mailed it in...I have copies but how is that proof?

mfb

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 1:45 pm
For the future mail it in certified with a signature required. It costs about $8 but totally worth not having to hassle about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries