Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Is Journeys 5 coming out soon?
Previous  1  2

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 9:42 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I’m about halfway in and it’s a definite winner !

“My little town” may be the most powerful song I ever heard. I bawled… literally. Perfect choice to have it done by Shulem Lemmer. Just wow.

Didn’t understand the connection with Journey at Sea … is it that obvious and I need a relisten ?

Agree with everything you said. I too am confused the Journey at Sea… didn’t really get the whole song or connection…

cupcake123

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 10:20 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I’m about halfway in and it’s a definite winner !

“My little town” may be the most powerful song I ever heard. I bawled… literally. Perfect choice to have it done by Shulem Lemmer. Just wow.

Didn’t understand the connection with Journey at Sea … is it that obvious and I need a relisten ?

Same same same
I LOVE my little town. Wow.
Also dont chop the sea one...
I also really like the one about mashioch with benny freidman

GrowingUp

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 10:40 pm
My little town is a winner. Shulem Lemmer was the perfect person to sing it. It’s a real “journey” of a song.

They just put out a music video for the Benny Friedman Chaveirim Kol Yisroel song. My kids love it!

Baruch HaShem it’s shabbos, and the other Baruch HaShem song are also kids favorites.

I really enjoyed From the Ashes. I have a grandfather who was the only survivor of his family and always marveled at what he was able to rebuild.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 10:55 pm
Love! It's more surface, but I really enjoy the new Yes We've Got the Music. It's such a great summary of everything since Journeys 3 and a fun comparison to the original.

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:02 pm
GrowingUp wrote:
My little town is a winner. Shulem Lemmer was the perfect person to sing it. It’s a real “journey” of a song.

They just put out a music video for the Benny Friedman Chaveirim Kol Yisroel song. My kids love it!

Baruch HaShem it’s shabbos, and the other Baruch HaShem song are also kids favorites.

I really enjoyed From the Ashes. I have a grandfather who was the only survivor of his family and always marveled at what he was able to rebuild.

Can u post a link to the Benny Friedman song?

GrowingUp

Post Sun, Mar 13 2022, 11:19 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Can u post a link to the Benny Friedman song?

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 9:27 am
GrowingUp wrote:

Thanks!

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Mar 14 2022, 10:47 am
Saw on another site that the song The Ring appears to be a Chaim Walder story from People Speak 3 “A heart of gold”
https://www.jewishworldreview.......php3

kenz

Post Wed, Mar 16 2022, 9:56 am
Yesterday someone posted that it’s available on iTunes but I don’t see that now and I can’t find it. Anyone know?

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 5:20 pm
I know I'm bumping up an old thread but I am just getting into this album now and came here to see if anyone discussed it.

I love love my little town. I must have listened to it on repeat about 500 times in the last few days.

Some people here said they can't figure out Journey at Sea...
In my opinion, it's simply drawing a parallel to life. The sailors brave the stormy and treacherous waters to get to their destination, always following the constellations as their guide. This is analogous to the life of a jew who has to brave the story waters of galus and make it to the "other side" safely. We do this by faithfully following our guide- the Torah.

I actually think the song is exciting and really creative. Makes you feel you're on the ship.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 5:35 pm
I love the journey at see song!!

And the song about the Rebbe and the matzos. I told that over at the Seder!

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jun 10 2022, 6:31 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I know I'm bumping up an old thread but I am just getting into this album now and came here to see if anyone discussed it.

I love love my little town. I must have listened to it on repeat about 500 times in the last few days.

Some people here said they can't figure out Journey at Sea...
In my opinion, it's simply drawing a parallel to life. The sailors brave the stormy and treacherous waters to get to their destination, always following the constellations as their guide. This is analogous to the life of a jew who has to brave the story waters of galus and make it to the "other side" safely. We do this by faithfully following our guide- the Torah.

I actually think the song is exciting and really creative. Makes you feel you're on the ship.
Yes in an interview he said it’s a a dif version of Ride the Train.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 11:08 pm
Baruch Hashem - you just can't say it enough - is our favorite!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts