Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to wash scarves?? And how to store them properly?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:08 pm
Anyone have any suggestions for how to wash scarves - like ones from Scarf Bar? They're on the delicate side so I don't want to take any chances putting them in the washing machine, but the thought of trying to handwash all of them makes me cringe!

Another Q - where do you keep your scarves and beanies? I used to keep mine in a small drawer in my room and for some reason they would always develop a smell from staying in there.. wondering if I should be folding them instead and keeping on an open shelf or something?

Any tips would be amazing! Thank you!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 25 2022, 9:25 pm
I wash my scarves from the Scarf Bar all the time. I have about 5 and wash them about once a week each. I throw them in with my regular permanent press, just straight in the wash - and hang to dry. They all look great, and I've had them more than a year

I store them in a cloth storage cube on a shelf in my closet. Don't even bother folding them, just stuff them in

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:54 pm
Bumping this...
How do you store scarves, beanies, bands, snoods etc in a way that's easy to look through and find what you want to wear? I had them in a drawer also but they got wrinkled and smelled after a while too

Aurora

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:59 pm
I wash mine and lay them over a drying rack to dry.

Then I fold them and keep them in plastic stack drawers. If you dry a citrus fruit, shove it in with your scarves for a better smell.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 12:02 am
Sunsong wrote:
I wash mine and lay them over a drying rack to dry.

Then I fold them and keep them in plastic stack drawers. If you dry a citrus fruit, shove it in with your scarves for a better smell.

Right but then you need to shift through all the stacked scarves to find the one you want. Does anyone hang them somehow?

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 12:31 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Right but then you need to shift through all the stacked scarves to find the one you want. Does anyone hang them somehow?

I don't do this but I'm thinking of one of those hangers for ties or accessories that can hang a whole bunch of scarves on each hanger.

SnowLeopard

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 2:10 am
Yes I wash them on delicate in the machine. Except the silk ones-those you need to hand wash. And you can hang them in rings for air flow and easy visibility.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 2:39 am
They have scarf hangers in israel. Hard to explain what it looks like.

I wash in a mesh bag. Better safe than sorry.
I also have some in bins organized by color.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels