Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood schools and yeshivas don't care.
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:42 am
My sons have midwinter today, they will finish two hours earlier WITHOUT BUSSING!! And I will wait in traffic, then wait in front of his building, in the line of carpool cars. So my sons could spend time with their mother, and chill for midwinter vacation.
Then I pick up my toddler. Because she's always done before 4:00, because she is little. And because the other mothers are busy doing carpool for their other kids. And riding all around, and don't have room. And will sit in traffic, all so my son can have midwinter vacation. And guess what! yeshivah doesn't care how they get home.
Then after sitting in traffic with all other carpool mothers. We will make a restroom stop, and feed the baby, then pick up my daughters, who have no BUSSING, then sit in more traffic. l, with my sons,who have midwinter vacation, with my toddler, because all the other mothers are busy with carpool, to pick up my daughters because they have no BUSSING and guess whart! school doesn't care how they gets home.
As a BTW the comments I get ....carpool works for everyone in Lakewood why can't it work for you..... You don't work anymore? Thats why you can't hire a driver.....
There were already 8!! Kids in the carpool minivan and they wanted to add another girl because she is small, and she can do Fridays and it takes the burden off everyone else.
Find me a reliable driver willing to do those hours? I'm tried so ha, At those hours in the terrible traffic. Willing to pay....even though I don't work anymore.
Why doesn't schools care? Why does yeshivah's care? Why is the burden on parents. This is not Lakewood. This is Chelm!
This is my vent. But any constructive ideas are welcome.
Signed: Exhausted Lakewood Mother

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:45 am
Yeshivas don't care about working parents either. In brooklyn my boys have 2 half days for vacation. They aren't old enough to be home alone. How about giving them one full day off instead of 2 half days so parents don't have to lose 2 days of work. Not everyone can just leave work at the time Yeshiva decides to end.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:55 am
So let me clarify this for me. You are doing pickup and drop off for your girl and toddler all year, and today you have to pick up your boys too?
It’s no fun sitting in the car all afternoon with restless kids. I have some kids in carpools and others not and I spend a lot of time driving too. I try to remember that I am lucky that I’m not working these days and so I have the flexibility to drive. Also, I moved to Toms River knowing that this would be a sacrifice I would have to be willing to make.
I really hope there is a better solution for next year though.

Editting to add that I would never sign my kid up to a carpool where they don’t have their own seat and seatbelt. 8 kids in a mini van is not safe.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:56 am
I live in lakewood. My kids have bussing. Why don't yours? Do they never have?

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:57 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:

It sounds like one son has early dismissal for winter break with no bussing

My mesivta son is getting off at 6:30 with no bussing. I’m so happy for him!!

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:00 am
My suggestion pick him up earlier. No traffic than. The schools try to get original with scare tactics so parents don't take their kids away on vacation. It's always inconvenient. I'll be a minority but I either wouldn't send or I would pick up even earlier. They can't make everything inconvenient for me. Throw tomatoes but I'm happy and so are my kids

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:05 am
So odd, my boys and girls all have full day today with transportation. So sorry for you! You should complain to the school because this is not the whole town, it’s your schools.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:12 am
Which schools don't have bussing? Both your boys and girls don't have? I think my kids have regular transportation but now I'm double checking.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:15 am
Toddler-due to a playground shortage in my area he goes a little further out. With a carpool I drive one full week per month. This week was suppose to be a mother who couldn't do it the past two months. Today she said she can't do it because of her older sons midwinter vacation schedule.
My girls have bussing every year. This year,, no driver picked up the root and lsta claimed its due to a driver shortage. They tried adding more stops to other bus routes but our stop was never picked up. My kids were part of a neighbor carpool but that didn't work out for reasons listed in the op

Chayalle

OP probably doesn't live in Lakewood.
I have a sister in Jackson whose kids don't have bussing. She's constantly having to drive them, or pay Lakeway, etc....

amother
OP

I live in Lakewood

keym

My kids (elementary boys, high school girls, Mesivta boys) all have bussing.
It's weird to me that so many schools don't.

Eta is it that they never have or just today?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:17 am
Oh wow. I didn't realize there were bussing issues in Lakewood itself.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:19 am
Some years it's a logistics thing. My niece had bussing till now, but she's in BF, and other kids in her area moved up grades and are not in the same location as she. So the Bais Anya/BF kids have transportation, but they dropped the Gratter route. My sis is driving her every day, both ways.
So kids can have bussing, and then one year suddenly...no more.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Toddler-due to a playground shortage in my area he goes a little further out. With a carpool I drive one full week per month. This week was suppose to be a mother who couldn't do it the past two months. Today she said she can't do it because of her older sons midwinter vacation schedule.
That's an issue then. Is she sending with the carpool and getting her kid driven for free. I would be big mad.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:21 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
So odd, my boys and girls all have full day today with transportation. So sorry for you! You should complain to the school because this is not the whole town, it’s your schools.

Same here only ones that don't have bussing is my mesivta son but he never does.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:25 am
Doesn’t make sense unless it’s a very small school or op doesn’t live in Lakewood. My girls and boys are coming home on the bus today. The roads were filled with school buses this morning. ( I chose to drive my kids in the am because it was so cold)
You have a playgroup for your toddler until 4pm every day??? Wow!!! My kids always had to get picked at 2pm. You sound like you are used to having a long free day to yourself but for some reason you have to drive all your kids today which for sure is time consuming. I don’t think you’ll sit in very crazy traffic by dismissal time because everyone else has bussing today.
Stop off with your kids to buy ice cream on the way home. Make it fun. They’re happy not to have to be in school even if they have to pick up their siblings with you.
This is not a Lakewood problem. It’s either the schools you send your kids to or where you chose to live.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:29 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:

Tons of bus routes in Lakewood weren’t picked up this year. I have many friends living in Lakewood who work and have kids that didn’t get on a bus that was picked up so their whole lives revolve around getting their kids home somehow. It’s madness.

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:30 am
I think you should change the subject. Why make pple think all lakewood schools couldn't care less when they mostly all do have bussing. The fact that boys get out early is annoying for most pple I guess.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:31 am
To add, my daughter is not in a small school… medium I guess? Hundreds of students three parallel classes. I think they have 4 routes not picked up.
I know of mothers with boys in EY, Nesivos that don’t have routes picked up.

It’s a nationwide issue not a Lakewood issue
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries