Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to Florida for widwinter is becoming more and more
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:52 pm
overdone. Everyone I know, even Rebbis and kollel families are going… I feel like in 2-3 years, it’s going to be a really yeshivish thing to do for midwinter vacation. Anyone agree?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:53 pm
Just trying to figure out what the problem is? It’s freezing here and people want warm weather. It’s a pretty kosher vacation. I think it’s great that so many people are able to make it work for them.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:55 pm
I also don't see the issue. If the weather was warmer there now I would also hop on a plane and go for 2-3 days.
I saved up money for family time and I would Def use it for this occasion.
Just it's cold.. So I can't get myself to go now..

amother
Birch

amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Just trying to figure out what the problem is? It’s freezing here and people want warm weather. It’s a pretty kosher vacation. I think it’s great that so many people are able to make it work for them.

Agree! Everyone needs a break from the cold. Sun is very healthy. If schools give off why not take advantage and have a break from winter weathers? If you can afford it kol hakavod! I’m happy for whoever can go.

mizle10

Oh yes, florida is nerdy... u gotta do mexico, the bahamas or turcs and caicos to be cool.

amother
cornflower

Happens to be its supposed to be super cold there this weekend. And yes many people go for many reasons. Its easy. Lots of kosher food and when the weather is nice you have the beach and pool. I go yearly during winter break to bring my children to visit their great grandparents. But everyone should stop looking what everyone else is doing and do whats best for them and their family

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:56 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

This year it’s kosher because it’s cold now. But when it’s warm, how is that considered a kosher vacation? We can only go because my
In laws have a beachside apartment so dh spends his day on the balcony not on the beach. When my boys get older not quite sure how well visit my in laws!

amother
Birch

amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I also don't see the issue. If the weather was warmer there now I would also hop on a plane and go for 2-3 days.
I saved up money for family time and I would Def use it for this occasion.
Just it's cold.. So I can't get myself to go now..

High 70’s next week! Not warm enough?

amother
DarkViolet

amother [ Pearl ] wrote:

Same. Unless they're stealing money to pay for it...
I think it's so nice that the whole family can go together. My boys are in a chassidish cheder and there's no midwinter vacation. Yeshiva and cheder is 11 months long and then they go straight to camp. I'd love to take a family vacation, there's literally no days off.

amother
Crimson

I know many Rebbeim who would not

I also know some schools who dont allow their talmidim and talmidos to go to Florida. (sign before enter school, expelled if found later)

(beach)

and some fine working who are committed to daf and learning, also prefer not to go to a beach city.

Some women go alone with a friend. it may be more appropriate.

mizle10

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:57 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:

It's not super warm. The nights are chilly which means the mornings also are. Sunday night is supposed to be in the 30's!

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:57 pm
And you have a problem with this because?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:58 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Oh yes, florida is nerdy... u gotta do mexico, the bahamas or turcs and caicos to be cool.

I'm told that "everyone" in my neighborhood went to Panama. Not us - we stayed in the cold and snow ourselves but had fun anyway.

mizle10

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:59 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I'm told that "everyone" in my neighborhood went to Panama. Not us - we stayed in the cold and snow ourselves but had fun anyway.

I'm definitely not cool, I am in love with Miami Very Happy
Wish I could move there...

amother
Jean

amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
This year it’s kosher because it’s cold now. But when it’s warm, how is that considered a kosher vacation? We can only go because my
In laws have a beachside apartment so dh spends his day on the balcony not on the beach. When my boys get older not quite sure how well visit my in laws!

I guess all the rabbonim here are.. treif?

amother
Whitewash

I feel like every last person is there but in reality majority are not. I guess it's the decent prices for tickets and you can rent a house in Orlando for not that much.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:

Many go to Orlando and rent a house. It's private. With a pool. I don't see an issue.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
I guess all the rabbonim here are.. treif?

Lol no
They probably don’t go to the beach! They have jobs and daily life there. But tourists do go for the beach!

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:01 pm
mizle10 wrote:
It's not super warm. The nights are chilly which means the mornings also are. Sunday night is supposed to be in the 30's!

During the day even if it’s 60 degrees, it’s a lot warmer than the one digit temperature here. Cold in Miami is still not the winter storm we’re anticipating.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 9:02 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:

Midwinter where I live is this past week until Monday. Monday seems to warm up in Miami. But Orlando is in the 60s. Not warm enough to jump across town at this time.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics