Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much did your Florida vacation cost you?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:04 pm
Trying to figure out if we spent too much or 4000 for a family of 5 is too much. Thanks.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:11 pm
I used points for flights and car and I’m staying by family so technically zero. But the flights and car for six people is valued about 1500. No idea what housing would cost me for fout days.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Trying to figure out if we spent too much or 4000 for a family of 5 is too much. Thanks.

I spent 1500 for myself so 4K for 5 people sounds like a good deal!

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:17 pm
We went a few times. The first time was my dh and I, for 7 days, Orlando and Miami, 8 nights hotel, Disney, Seaworld. Spent about $4500 (that was 3 discounted hotel nights thru points).

Went another time for 2 weeks with my 2 kids, stayed by family, ate all meals at their house. Spent $300 on flights and maybe $150-$300 in grocery contributions (fresh eggs, fruit & veggies, etc.) Did not rent car or go to attractions, spent family time and swam in their pool, biked, etc.

Went for an extended weekend getaway with dh and 2 kids, spent about $1500. $300 food, average $175 a night for 4 nights hotel, $300 car rental, some misc. Went to free attractions such as beach, park, etc.

It really comes down to how many people going, how many nights hotel, how often going out to eat, which attractions you visit, and season.

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:21 pm
Definitely sounds about right. We spent about 7k, but we went to Disney, Universal, etc. The theme parks are incredibly expensive and there really are no discounts like you can get with flight and hotels. The parks cost about the same as the flights and hotels combined.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:26 pm
I went January 2019. 5 kids 4 nights $500. Hotel was on points

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 10:30 pm
We usually go with extended family so they pay lodging. We pay flights usually, always car, and some attractions and food. Usually about 2k or less.

invisiblecircus

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 2:38 pm
Depends where you're coming from surely? I live in Europe, so it would cost me a whole lot more than someone from Alabama! LOL

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 3:22 pm
I live in Florida so an Orlando vacation is a tad more reasonable (no plane tickets or car rental expense). It cost me a half a tank of gas to get here. Rented a cheap villa for 4 days and got discounted Universal tickets through a local yeshiva. Btw these discounted tickets are available to everyone so if anyone wants to go to theme parks best year yeshiva break just Google "miami yeshiva discount theme park tickets".

Brought whatever food I had on hand in my fridge so I didn't spend much on food. Family of 5, total cost was less than 2k.

amother
Snow

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:39 pm
Sounds like a lot, we spend way WAY less but if you can afford it, that’s all that matters!

amother
Peony

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:45 pm
While points are a great way to earn money that doesn’t technically cost you. They do have a value. So if you take a vacation on points it doesn’t effect your budget but it’s not free.

Op how long did u go for?

We went with 5, 3 adults 2 kids. 4 nights 4,000 including the value of points.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:52 pm
$500. $200 for tickets for family of 4. Rental car $150. Hotel with points. And rest is food and entertainment.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:19 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
$500. $200 for tickets for family of 4. Rental car $150. Hotel with points. And rest is food and entertainment.

how many days?
150 sounds very cheap.

amother
Anemone

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:33 pm
Every person has their own level of vacation it is possible to do Florida in a cheap manner.

DH and I just went and spent only $350.

Free flights as we are healthcare workers, stayed in a relatives apartment, brough our own food and did free things which are easy to find in Florida. Our major cost was the car rental and since I work for a corporate company I got a huge discount so we paid $189 for a car and $45 for an Uber and th rest on some basic necessities and that was it. We stayed for 3 days.

I have always done free or low cost vacations and I have a great time planning them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:36 pm
How did you get free flights as health care workers.?

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:36 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
how many days?
150 sounds very cheap.

3 days .

amother
Trillium

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:26 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I went January 2019. 5 kids 4 nights $500. Hotel was on points

Which points/card for hotel? Is there a fee on the card?

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:28 pm
Also asking as I am a healthcare worker. How did you get free flights?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:40 pm
the free flights for healthcare workers was through jet blue during the height of the pandemic. There was some sort of contest where healthcare workers could be nominated to win two free tickets. Many people won. Ourselves included.

amother
Kiwi

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 10:23 pm
About $1,750
4 night, 2 adults 2 kids
$450 flight
$375 hotel ( 2 br 2 bath condo hotel)
$150 eating out
$400 day at Disney (3 people, hubby chose not to go), including parking and stroller rental. We bought all food and drinks with us, no souvenirs.
$120 taxi to/ from home airport
$178 rental car
$80 other activities
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics