Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Wanted: 4 of your easiest suppers
1  2  Next

torquoise

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:06 pm
9th month. No energy to stand in the kitchen cooking/preparing. Need VERY easy supper ideas. We have food stamps, but not enough for take out.

I try to serve a whole grain or protein with a veggie, but want to hear your ideas regardless.
Thanks!

Last edited by torquoise on Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

mom!

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:09 pm
One cup of rice two cups of water. Top with chicken legs. Generously sprinkle with onion soup mix. Baked covered on 350 for two hours.

teachkids

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:19 pm
In a pan layer:
Starch (rice/ quinoa + water or potatoes- even canned is good)
Chicken legs
Veggies from the freezer (or canned and add later
Spices or sauce (taco seasoning, honey garlic, or duck sauce +garlic + soy sauce are favorites here ).
Bake at 350 for 2 hours

Meat sauce- take your meatball recipe and just skip the ball steps- brown meat with onions, add sauce and spices, let it cook as long as you can

Oven baked shnitzel

Schwarma chicken served with pita and cut up veggies

Salmon teriyaki and rice

torquoise

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:20 pm
mom! wrote:
One cup of rice two cups of water. Top with chicken legs. Generously sprinkle with onion soup mix. Baked covered on 350 for two hours.

So easy and sounds yum! Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:32 pm
1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 1 tsp salt in 9x13 pan. 4 chicken legs seasoned all over (under skin and also bottom of chicken pieces) with onion, garlic and salt. Place chicken on top of rice in pan and sprinkle with paprika. Bake covered at 350 for 2 1/2 hours.

Pour a bag of frozen vegetables into a microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave for about 8 minutes. Season with salt and serve as a side.

Slice 5 Yukon gold potatoes and season with oil, paprika, onion, garlic, black pepper & 2 teaspoons salt. Lay minute steaks on top. Smear with some oil and season with 1 teaspoon each salt, garlic and paprika. Cover and bake at 275 for 6 hours.

Buy the Dagim bag of frozen breaded tilapia. Lay on a cookie sheet and dust with garlic powder and salt. Spray with oil spray and bake at 475 until done, about 13 minutes.

Lay a bag of frozen French fries on a cookie sheet on the other shelf and bake at the same time until crispy.

jfk92

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:34 pm
1. Meatloaf. Ground beef, season well I add soaked challah and sautéed onion, shape into loaf (don't work it too much or it gets tough) place in oven at 400 for 45 minutes per pound. Served w baked sweet potatoes cut into wedges and seasoned w salt and cinammon boiled at the end. Usually we have it w pickeked veg too like olives or pickles or slaw/saurkraut even.
2. Salmon 2 ways. 1- seasoned w salt lemon juice and dill weed. 2. Sweet sauce mixed w crushed garlic and sesame seeds. Bake 375 for 20 minutes for small pieces. Reglaze broil the sweet sauce. one for 2 minutes at the end. Served w quinoa or buckwheat and cut up veg. (My doctor had no issue w Salmon during pregnancy as long as it was in moderation.
3. Chicken bottoms stuffed w kishka. I'm not such a fan but my husband and kids like it. I bake it in the same Pyrex as some veggies like zucchini, parsnips, and carrots, shallots and garlic which make sure to seasoned too. Bake covered first then open last 15 minutes.
4. Grilled chicken on grill pan (thinner cut=faster cooking) that marinated in Italian dressing overnight served w mashed potato or ww pasta w roasted frozen veg. Lucky for me my kids eat broccoli. So I whip out a bag roast and Sautee in garlic. For Me w a little soy sauce too.
5. Sometimes I make it a little bit more fun and serve "breakfast dinners" that are usually fast. Like French toast w nut butter and fruit. It's not so often but everyone is happy with it.

octopus

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 7:51 pm
I just put spices on chicken in a pan. Cover. Wash off sweet potatoes and regular potatoes. Put in separate pan. Bake uncovered. On 400 for 1.5 hours
Frozen broccoli - spray 9x13 pan. Pour in broccoli, spray again. Stick in oven . Take out when it starts browning. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste after it's cooked.

doodlesmom

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:10 pm
Betty Crocker: slather dark chicken cutlets in bbbq sauce or whatever you got, put on the Betty Crocker, add baby potatoes quartered and mushrooms spray oil and salt, supper is ready in 10 min.

In a bowl mix 1 cup crumbs (pretzel or cornflakes) 1/2 cup oil, 1 tbs honey, salt pepper garlic and parsley flakes. Add thin chicken cutlets toss well, bake at 375 uncovered for 18-20 min.
Sides are sometimes quinoa in oven, frozen veg roasted, rice in oven, baked potato, fresh veg salad

nnmom

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:15 pm
What’s a Betty Crocker? I thought that was a cake mix brand?

flowerpower93

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:18 pm
Sauté ground beef until browned. Pour in jar of marinara sauce. Let sauce come to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes. Serve with pasta (or bagged microwave rice).

ctgal20

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:18 pm
jfk92 wrote:
1. Meatloaf. Ground beef, season well I add soaked challah and sautéed onion, shape into loaf (don't work it too much or it gets tough) place in oven at 400 for 45 minutes per pound. Served w baked sweet potatoes cut into wedges and seasoned w salt and cinammon boiled at the end. Usually we have it w pickeked veg too like olives or pickles or slaw/saurkraut even.
2. Salmon 2 ways. 1- seasoned w salt lemon juice and dill weed. 2. Sweet sauce mixed w crushed garlic and sesame seeds. Bake 375 for 20 minutes for small pieces. Reglaze broil the sweet sauce. one for 2 minutes at the end. Served w quinoa or buckwheat and cut up veg. (My doctor had no issue w Salmon during pregnancy as long as it was in moderation.
3. Chicken bottoms stuffed w kishka. I'm not such a fan but my husband and kids like it. I bake it in the same Pyrex as some veggies like zucchini, parsnips, and carrots, shallots and garlic which make sure to seasoned too. Bake covered first then open last 15 minutes.
4. Grilled chicken on grill pan (thinner cut=faster cooking) that marinated in Italian dressing overnight served w mashed potato or ww pasta w roasted frozen veg. Lucky for me my kids eat broccoli. So I whip out a bag roast and Sautee in garlic. For Me w a little soy sauce too.
5. Sometimes I make it a little bit more fun and serve "breakfast dinners" that are usually fast. Like French toast w nut butter and fruit. It's not so often but everyone is happy with it.
can you give more details on your kishka chicken recipe? What type of kishka do u use how do you season the chicken and the veggies and what temp do u bake it on?

doodlesmom

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:21 pm
nnmom wrote:

Betty Crocker brand has a pizza maker that is super versatile, it can be used for many other things. Line it with paper so there is no cleanup, and you’ve got dinner in 10-15 minutes.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:26 pm
1. Baking pan - 1-2 cups of rice, 2.5 times water than rice, salt/pepper/garlic powder/onion powder, chicken (cut up) with whatever seasoning you like (same as rice, or I use whatever TJs thing I have around ), cover, bake for 60-90 min at 400F (done when water is absorbed and chicken measures 180F internal temp with meat thermometer).
2. Similar as above, but replace rice/water with cut up potatoes and/or carrots.
3. Bake rice (like the above in #1, but add a little oil/margarine in lieu of chicken) Bake covered at 400F for 30-45 min (check to see if done) Then, in separate pan, bake salmon uncovered . Just put whatever seasoning you like on the fillets and bake uncovered at 375F for 30 min. If you give rice a 15 min head start, and then reduce temp to 375F before putting fish in, you should be ok. Rice time is not exact---check to see if water absorbed, sometimes can take closer to an hour.
4. Cabbage and noodles - boil half pound of wide or extra wide egg noodles, drain, toss with a little oil, and set aside. in same pan, saute 1-2 onions cut up in half rings until "translucent", add one minced large clove of garlic, add one entire cabbage sliced coarsely, add some fat (ie. margarine, butter, other oil), cover, stir occasionally to mix until cabbage is cooked enough to your taste, add S/P, onion/garlic powder. I like TJs umami seasoning. Also, I add Beyond Brats that I grill on my indoor grill (or can do in another pan) (parve sausage) including "drippings". When done, toss in noodles and heat a little until all is warm. Alternatively, you can not add the "meat", or find some fleishig sausage or salami that is nice and flavorful and salty to add in. If you don't make it fleishig, it's also really good with sour cream.

lkwdmom5

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:29 pm
Heaven and easy suppers!

Quick meatballs and spag recipe- minus the hassle.
Heat some Olive oil in a pot and brown a pack of ground meat. And a jar of any pasta sauce. Fill jar with water and add to pot. Mix well. When its bubbling- add spaghetti( or macaroni) and lower flame until pasta is cooked. (Depending on amounts used you may need to add more water)
With this supper I usually take a bag of frozen broc, spray oil and salt and bake in oven for about 20 min.

easy Chicken lo mein-
Add cooked spaghetti to a 9x13 and add in broc and sliced carrots.
Cube either pepper steak or (raw) ch cutlets and add to 9x13.
Add a half cup oil,
1/4 c soy sauce, salt and pepper
Bake for about 1 hr.

Baked rice and chiken, and Zucchini soup
Heat oil (can sauté an onion but no need) Take 3-4 squash- cut up in chunks and add to hot oil. Add water to top of squash. When bubbling lower flame for 30 minutes. When done, blend add salt, peeper and garlic. Yum!

bsy

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:30 pm
This is my kids menu currently:
Scrambled eggs
Cereal and milk
Fish sticks
Grilled cheese or pb sandwiches

BrisketBoss

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:31 pm
nnmom wrote:

It's another thing that I'd add to the thread, "Things You've Only Heard of On Imamother."

torquoise

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 8:44 pm
Thank you all! Loving these ideas

Bsy, thanks for the chuckle - I can totally relate. Btdt. My olders are starting to complain about having breakfast for supper, so my guilt led me here for ideas...

thepickled

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:24 pm
Smash 3 cloves of garlic with a knife, brown in a few tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sized pot. Add 4 tablespoons of tomato paste, stir for 30 seconds. Add two cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas and 3/4 a lb of pasta (I like small or medium shells for this), and boiled water enough to cover. Add salt. Boil until pasta is ready. Super kid friendly and genuinely delicious. Serves 4.

sky

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 9:27 pm
Chicken cutlets and frozen vegetables on a cookie sheet with pam and spices

Store bought breaded fish cutlets and seeet potato half’s

Tacos. Brown ground beef. Cut some vegetables. Or make with chicken. Just cook chicken cutlets on bbq sauce and water and shred and eat in taco shells.

Falafel and pita

scruffy

Post Sat, Jan 29 2022, 11:39 pm
Cut chicken cutlets into nugget size pieces. Mix honey mustard + mayo + crushed garlic and coat chicken. Put cornflake crumbs in a bag, add chicken, shake to coat. Spread on sheet, coat with spray, and bake at 425 for 15-20 min depending on thickness.

I like making broccoli or cauliflower at the same time, just dump the bag on a second sheet, drizzle with oil + salt, and bake. I'll start it first and then make the chicken so they finish at the same time.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus