Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much could I charge for legal daycare? (Monsey)
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:39 pm
Hello,
If I was to open a legal daycare in Monsey (probably in my home or in a rented basement etc.), how much is the max I could charge for either 2 year old or 3 year olds? I have lots of experience teaching preschool. Thanks!

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:41 pm
I would assume you would prob do hours from 9-3?

mom24.7

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:42 pm
Will you accept vouchers? What's the going rate? In Brooklyn ranges from 450 to 700.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:44 pm
There are no vouchers here, only subsidized childcare, which I would have no problem accepting...
I would be open to offering early dropoff/late pickup, assuming I find enough staff.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hello,
If I was to open a legal daycare in Monsey (probably in my home or in a rented basement etc.), how much is the max I could charge for either 2 year old or 3 year olds? I have lots of experience teaching preschool. Thanks!

How many hours a day?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 5:52 pm
I don't know exactly how many hours. Probably the standard hours that everyone else does (9:30-2:30 or whatever...) for the standard price and then additional fees for early dropoff and/or late pickup.

Kumphort

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:01 pm
I think first you need to see what your expenses are
Are you renting a place ? Are you providing food? Diapers wipes snacks. How many assistants are you hiring.

What is your overhead do you have to buy equipment
What will your policy be? One monthly rate? Pay only as needed?
What is the going rates? What is the benefit that you will offer that someone should come to you if they don’t know you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 6:45 pm
I'm hoping to provide food IY"H. I'm guessing people will feel comfortable sending to me because it's a legal place and they know me as a Morah in the community... I'll be hiring at least 3 staff members to help me, as I'll need minimum 2 adults there at all times (for 12 children). I could provide diapers, wipes etc. I like to do things right, and am trying to see if parents pay enough for daycare, for me to make this worthwhile.... I think most places charge a monthly rate, so I'll probably do the same.

:)iknowit

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 7:21 pm
I pay $1700 a month at the JCC in Nyack. Hours are 8:45-4:15. They have options for early and after care at an extra fee.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 7:28 pm
Legal is more expensive.

I don't know why you would provide diapers or wipes. That's is above and beyond standard. I never heard of a place providing that.

Food is such a bonus. Provide that and people will be thrilled.

I pay around $800 from 9 to 3:30 and early close on Friday. No food or supplies provided.

I think if you provide food and similar hours you can charge a bit more no?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 7:33 pm
Legal daycare can usually have lunch program subsidized. As in government reimburses you a certain amount for meals served. I think its a choice of 2 snacks and lunch. Or breakfast and Iunch.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 7:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm hoping to provide food IY"H. I'm guessing people will feel comfortable sending to me because it's a legal place and they know me as a Morah in the community... I'll be hiring at least 3 staff members to help me, as I'll need minimum 2 adults there at all times (for 12 children). I could provide diapers, wipes etc. I like to do things right, and am trying to see if parents pay enough for daycare, for me to make this worthwhile.... I think most places charge a monthly rate, so I'll probably do the same.

Pricing for legal daycare here in Monsey is around $800-$900 a month plus more for extended hours. I think legally you need to provide breakfast, lunch, snack but not diapers and wipes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:31 pm
Wow, $1700 monthly is a fortune! Are the children getting an out-of-this-world experience? causemommysaid, is $800 standard in your neighborhood? Because I believe the ones in my area are significantly less... Maybe it varies... Thanks!

tryinghard

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wow, $1700 monthly is a fortune! Are the children getting an out-of-this-world experience? causemommysaid, is $800 standard in your neighborhood? Because I believe the ones in my area are significantly less... Maybe it varies... Thanks!

$800 sounds about right. You could probably get away with $900, particularly if you are providing food.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:45 pm
Where? Monsey proper? I need a place for my 3 year old

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, $800-$900 is standard in my area. Some offer transportation as well.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:51 pm
I paid $800 month. Hours 830-530.
Next year she's going up to $1000/month

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:56 pm
We pay 1200 a month food is provided send our own supplies, but I think the teacher has for a just in case scenario..

Good luck sounds great I'm sure there's a need for another legal place.

Mommy1:)

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:58 pm
Before you start thinking about how much you could charge, look up the regulations to see how much it would cost for you to run a legal daycare. Minimum educational and experience requirements for staff, ratios of lead and assistant teachers, square footage, approved equipment... You may be surprised at the cost of running a legal daycare. It is important to take the costs and weigh it against the amount you theoretically "could" charge. Your income may be a lot less than you think.

NYS licensing requirements are steep and strict.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 8:59 pm
The only one I know charges about 900 a month. Most people I know will not pay that much for daycare. Honestly. I actually sent to that place one year and was not happy so personally I would not run to send to a legal place. ( I found the illegal places to be better and less money...)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics