Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much could I charge for legal daycare? (Monsey)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:07 pm
I'm actually familiar with the childcare regulations because I already owned a daycare in another neighborhood in the past.... So I'm just making sure I could charge enough to make this a good business venture. These places that are charging 800-1000 a month, are they in homes, or are they daycare centers? Providing childcare in your home is very limiting, you could only take a max of 12 children, whereas a daycare center could have more...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:14 pm
Find out how much Chofetz Chaim charges and go up from there.

Ps. I sent my kids to legal playgroups in Monsey and never spend more that $450. I cant recall the hours. It may have been 9-3. My youngest is 10.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:17 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I paid $800 month. Hours 830-530.
Next year she's going up to $1000/month

Are these numbers in monsey? I don’t know if anywhere in that range.

I’m sending to someone next year for 600$ a month. Legal. Overtime is extra.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:23 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Are these numbers in monsey? I don’t know if anywhere in that range.

I’m sending to someone next year for 600$ a month. Legal. Overtime is extra.

I live in Monsey and this is the pricing I was given from several legal playgroups.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:24 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Find out how much Chofetz Chaim charges and go up from there.

Ps. I sent my kids to legal playgroups in Monsey and never spend more that $450. I cant recall the hours. It may have been 9-3. My youngest is 10.

$450 is the price for Regular playgroups nowdays, not legal.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:30 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I live in Monsey and this is the pricing I was given from several legal playgroups.

Amother Bronze, how many hours is this pricing for? And are you sure they are licensed NYS daycares?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:37 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
Amother Bronze, how many hours is this pricing for? And are you sure they are licensed NYS daycares?

Hours are 9:30-2:30/3:00 with option of extended hours. Yes, they're legal NYS daycares AFAIK.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 9:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm actually familiar with the childcare regulations because I already owned a daycare in another neighborhood in the past.... So I'm just making sure I could charge enough to make this a good business venture. These places that are charging 800-1000 a month, are they in homes, or are they daycare centers? Providing childcare in your home is very limiting, you could only take a max of 12 children, whereas a daycare center could have more...

Some in houses some in centers. The one's in houses have very small groups and people fight to get in.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 10:08 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
$450 is the price for Regular playgroups nowdays, not legal.

Actually up to 500 already....

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 4:00 am
I’m paying $650 in main monsey- not legal

Librarian

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 8:26 am
FYI a new grant just became available in NY for starting a legal daycare in certain locations. OCFS.NY.GOV/PROGRAMS/CHILDCARE/DESERTS. Hatzlocha!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 8:50 am
As far as I know and have heard, Chofetz Chaim preschool is not a legal daycare. It is set up as some sort of school/business. Definitely not a legal daycare, even though everyone calls them “legal”.
I did extensive research on the legal daycares in monsey when I was looking for a spot for my child recently. They range from 800-1000/month for full time hours 8:30-4:30.
Most are in houses, one in a building.
Monsey is severely lacking in full time childcare options. It’s really difficult.

Good luck

Librarian

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 9:57 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
As far as I know and have heard, Chofetz Chaim preschool is not a legal daycare. It is set up as some sort of school/business. Definitely not a legal daycare, even though everyone calls them “legal”.
I did extensive research on the legal daycares in monsey when I was looking for a spot for my child recently. They range from 800-1000/month for full time hours 8:30-4:30.
Monsey is severely lacking in full time childcare options. It’s really difficult.

Good luck

Yes, you are correct. They are NOT a legal daycare.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Feb 01 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

Good luck

I don't think Chofetz Chaim is a daycare. I think they're headstart part of a school.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 02 2022, 11:29 pm
Hi, I’m desperately looking for a legal daycare in monsey.

If anyone is comfortable either posting info here or PMing me I would really appreciate it.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 12:58 am
Op, in my opinion if you’re not going to have full time hours there’s no point. The people who send to legal daycares need hours way longer than 2:30. Also, a lot of women in Monsey don’t work, so the ones who need a legal daycare are the working moms. The others send to little groups in the neighborhood.
I work full time, I have a babysitter in my home (who is also my cleaning lady) because that is the most cost effective option for me, and gives me coverage for the random off days that always come up, snow days, 2 hour delays, erev yt, chol hamoed, isru chag, the list goes on.
Good luck!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 11:57 am
for working mothers, what's expected pickup? 4:30? later?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Feb 03 2022, 12:03 pm
I don't live in Monsey but just letting you know that there is a misconception that NY legal daycares HAVE to serve food. You do not have to. If you choose to, you get somewhere between 800-1000 a month as a direct deposit.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 10:47 am
What's expected in terms of hours for working mothers?

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Feb 04 2022, 10:51 am
8:30- 4:30 at the least
I agree with the post above. Generally people who send to legal daycare are the ones who work full time. Closing at 2/3 isn’t helpful.
Speaking from my own personal experience.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics