Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Pushing MMR and chicken pox vaccine
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:49 am
My baby is 12 months bh.
Just took her for a sick visit bc she has a cold again.

Doctor mentioned MMR and chicken pox vaccine. I really dont want to vaccinate at this time. He put me on the spot and was kind of hostile.

I live in NY so I know I dont have a way around this.

Whats the latest I would be able to push the MMR vaccine off?

Anyone have success with this?

ETA: I must give them as I dont plan on homeschooling

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:51 am
You can push it off until you need to register them for school.

I give vaccines as early as possible though.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:51 am
You don’t must give it ever, even in New York. But if you want to send to school you’ll have to. You may need to find a new doctor though.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:52 am
I think the mmr is 15 months so 12 months is not late

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:53 am
amother [ Mulberry ] wrote:
You don’t must give it ever, even in New York. But if you want to send to school you’ll have to. You may need to find a new doctor though.

edited my post to say I must give them as we dont plan to homeschool.
but not sure if we'll be going to eretz yisroel in 2 years once I finish school... my husband is israeli...

I dont know the immunization schedule there..

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
edited my post to say I must give them as we dont plan to homeschool.
but not sure if we'll be going to eretz yisroel in 2 years once I finish school... my husband is israeli...

I dont know the immunization schedule there..
So try to wait as long as possible. As far as I know, EY doesn’t have vax mandates for school.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 9:57 am
So try to wait as long as possible. As far as I know, EY doesn’t have vax mandates for school.

this is the second pediatrician ive switched to bc the first didnt let me delay vaxxing and also it worked out bc we moved bh...

I like having a (heimish/frum) doctor for my baby so I have someone on call if shes not feeling well, check for ear infections etc.... (I like a frum office bc I know their hours are more flexible)

oneofakind

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:35 am
Find a flexible doctor and use an urgent care for off hours.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
this is the second pediatrician ive switched to bc the first didnt let me delay vaxxing and also it worked out bc we moved bh...

I like having a (heimish/frum) doctor for my baby so I have someone on call if shes not feeling well, check for ear infections etc.... (I like a frum office bc I know their hours are more flexible)

Most pediatricians have someone on call after hours, it’s not just a Jewish thing.
Where in NY do you live? Maybe someone here can give you a recommendation for a ped that would work with you and allow you to delay.
Dr. Sears has a delayed schedule, he also breaks up the MMR into it’s 3 individual components.
My youngest is almost 6, but my pediatricians Bh always let me spread out the vaccines however I wanted. If I were to have another child at this stage in my life, I’d definitely pay more attention to Dr. Sears.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:40 am

True. In Israel no vaccines are mandated to attend school.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:41 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Most pediatricians have someone on call after hours, it’s not just a Jewish thing.
Where in NY do you live? Maybe someone here can give you a recommendation for a ped that would work with you and allow you to delay.
Dr. Sears has a delayed schedule, he also breaks up the MMR into it’s 3 individual components.
My youngest is almost 6, but my pediatricians Bh always let me spread out the vaccines however I wanted. If I were to have another child at this stage in my life, I’d definitely pay more attention to Dr. Sears.
Love dr Sears but Mmr is not available in the US as separate components.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:41 am
Ema of 4 wrote:

this doctor is also open sundays, easy to get an appt, I know where he lives in case of an emergency on shabbos...

we were in far rockaway we moved to queens...
I think I actually spoke to u once about doctors to use!

this new doctor says its impossible to break MMR down into invidivual parts and he vaccinates his own grandchildren so that should be enough for me....

miami85

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:50 am
The main hesitation I have about waiting for vaccines is that the longer you stretch out the vaccines, the older your child will be when s/he gets them and will remember/associate the doctor's office with discomfort. I took my 2 yr old to the dr's office and she hadn't been there for a while since her previous well-visit and she had a whole kiniption when I took her in once she realized where she was

B"H I have had no children who have had any adverse reactions to any vaccines (but have not given C-19 vaccine yet due to them already having had it and I do not see the point.) Most vaccines have been well researched and side-effects are minimal for most kids.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 10:54 am
You can wait as long as you choose to. Say for personal reasons you’d like to skip the vaccine for this appointment but you plan on giving it later. If the doctor insists and has a bullying attitude about it, it’s best to switch to a doctor who is respectful of others.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:18 am
The mmr is scheduled at
12 to 15 months for the first and 4 to 6 years for the second.

Your child will need to be up to date if attending a legal playgroup or babysitting.

I don't think u need vaccines to attend school in Israel.

As far as a doctor, use a Dr u trust on a daily basis and find an urgent care for weekend's and after hours

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:22 am
miami85 wrote:
The main hesitation I have about waiting for vaccines is that the longer you stretch out the vaccines, the older your child will be when s/he gets them and will remember/associate the doctor's office with discomfort. I took my 2 yr old to the dr's office and she hadn't been there for a while since her previous well-visit and she had a whole kiniption when I took her in once she realized where she was

B"H I have had no children who have had any adverse reactions to any vaccines (but have not given C-19 vaccine yet due to them already having had it and I do not see the point.) Most vaccines have been well researched and side-effects are minimal for most kids.

I dont want to get into it on this website but I have done my research and spoken to professionals abroad and do not wish to vaccinate my child at this time due to the side effects and vaccine injuries that can occur.

We live in NY so I have no other choice unless we move in the future but for now I do not plan on doing it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:23 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
The mmr is scheduled at
12 to 15 months for the first and 4 to 6 years for the second.

Your child will need to be up to date if attending a legal playgroup or babysitting.

I don't think u need vaccines to attend school in Israel.

As far as a doctor, use a Dr u trust on a daily basis and find an urgent care for weekend's and after hours

I dont know any thats the issue

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 11:41 am
MMR can be separate in Israel. When there was the measles outbreak a few years ago they ran out of the MMRV, so DD got only the MMR.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 12:03 pm
Love dr Sears but Mmr is not available in the US as separate components.

Oh you’re right, that’s only outside the US….

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 12:46 pm
Good doctors do not give shots while a child is sick. Period. It is bad medicine.
You need them for school. So that is the latest but they can kick you out of the practice if they feel like being that way.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics