Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
At what age ds fully trained at night?
1  2  Next

How old was your ds (or average if many) when fully trained at night?
3 or younger  
 51%  [ 80 ]
 15%  [ 24 ]
 7%  [ 11 ]
 3%  [ 5 ]
 6%  [ 10 ]
8+  
 15%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 154

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 1:53 pm
So frustrated... He has been toilet trained over a year and will sometimes go a month with dry pull ups and then we have a wet one in the morning. I was told it could take years. Is that your experience?

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:06 pm
Is it really so bad?

Don't the pull-ups keep the bed dry?

BH your son is healthy.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:10 pm
One night accident in months is called fully trained to me. He just had an accident. These happen.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:28 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Is it really so bad?

Don't the pull-ups keep the bed dry?

BH your son is healthy.

It's not a major issue just a small annoyance bH.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:29 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
One night accident in months is called fully trained to me. He just had an accident. These happen.

I meant switch off to dry all the time to a few accidents a week. Why I keep him in pull ups, no regularity.

hodeez

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:33 pm
Mine just turned 4 and he still soaks his pullups. He sleeps so heavily he won't wake up to go to the bathroom

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:36 pm
I don't have good genes for this. A few of my brothers were still having trouble till their teens. One of mine was 8 I think, another 7, and another 13.

ynms

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:36 pm
Try to take him to the bathroom before you go to sleep.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:38 pm
ynms wrote:

Never remember...

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:52 pm
My brother was told not to drink 2 hours before bed. Waking him up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom also helped.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:55 pm
It’s not a rush.
My DD trained right before her 8th birthday.
My DS is 6 and not ready yet.
It’s biological- it’ll come in it’s right time.

IMO

rivkam

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Never remember...

Put a reminder on you phone for every night at say 10pm

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 3:00 pm
Two of my kids were about 5-6 when they were night trained. Unfortunately my 8.5 year old still struggles with this. We have it in our genetics.

I have never pushed a kid to be dry at night. My 3 year old is definitely still in pull-ups.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 3:17 pm
One of my boys night trained at 3, one at 5, and one at 7. Did nothing different with any of them. And before this point, they were soaking through pull-ups every night.

Not a big deal. Please don't treat it as a big deal. When I was kid I had accidents all the time, couldn't do anything about it (and kids didn't stay in pull-ups or diapers at night in those days, so I'd wake up soaking wet and embarassed every night). I was so angry at myself, but not in control of it at all.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 3:26 pm
My kids all trained for the night within a week of being trans for the day. I do train later at about age 3 or a little after.

shp41

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 3:39 pm
Trained at age 3. I usually wake him up before I go to sleep around midnight and take him in his sleep!

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 6:13 pm
My 6 yr old ds is still in pull ups at night. He is usually dry but will be wet every so often. Been potty trained since 3. My 4 yr old dd was trained at age two and stayed dry during day and night since then. So in my experience its very child dependant.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 7:42 pm
I have three boys under 10 and they are all in pull ups. They rarely have dry night, so I am not pushing to train soon. It's definitely genetic, so I just have to wait it out.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 7:46 pm
when you day train they are very conscious of it so if you see a couple nights they wake up dry, catch it then and give them panties for at night. they shouldn't rely on pull ups.

1. taking to bathroom when going into pajamas and also again right before lights out. even if it's a few drops.
2. not giving to drink an hour or more before bedtime helps.

by my oldest I didnt know these tips so they didnt night train but when I trained my second and did a lot of research I sleep trained them at the same time. peer pressure caused the older one to night train because they didnt want to see their younger sibling in panties and them in a pullup.

good luck.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Feb 08 2022, 7:51 pm
ynms wrote:

I'm trying to do this now with my 3.5 year old. I'll take her before I go to sleep and sometimes even again at like 4am if my baby wakes up and she'll still wake up wet. No idea what to do. I didn't push for this, she asked so I'm not sure what else to do.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training