Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
I think there's something wrong with me

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 7:34 pm
I have a 4 year old and an infant. I'm going through a hard time in my life and feeling a lot of stress. I realized today that I don't feel like I love my 4 year old anymore. It doesn't bother me when she's sad, I'm unaffected when she's happy, and I just want to yell at her all the time. I am not postpartum anymore. I am in therapy. I think there's something wrong with me. Why do I feel this way?

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 7:53 pm
Postpartum depression can surface through the first two years I believe. I would definitely seek support of some kind. It’s really hard adding a child to your family.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 7:59 pm
Is she a very high strung child?

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 8:05 pm
What was your childhood like?

imasinger

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a 4 year old and an infant. I'm going through a hard time in my life and feeling a lot of stress. I realized today that I don't feel like I love my 4 year old anymore. It doesn't bother me when she's sad, I'm unaffected when she's happy, and I just want to yell at her all the time. I am not postpartum anymore. I am in therapy. I think there's something wrong with me. Why do I feel this way?

If you're going through a lot of stress, you may not be functioning as you would wish. The toll that constant stress can take on the body and mind is significant.

What do you do to release? Does davening help? Listening to music? Meditation/mindfulness? Exercise or warm baths?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers