Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Einei Haloshon (teaches kids lashon kodesh program)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 8:13 pm
Did anyone do it and can share their experience. My daughter has a very hard time with lashon kodesh and I'm debating if I should purchase it for her.

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 8:38 pm
Do u have more info on this?

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:07 pm
Following. I tried finding out more and they said it's all about the structure of language and stuff like that - but my kids' school uses a curriculum that focuses a lot on the structure of language (as opposed to memorization) and one is still having a hard time, so I'd like to know more about how this is different.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:09 pm
I think they have a free trial on their website

srbmom

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:14 pm
I'm also intrigued. I had seen it written up somewhere and then looked through their website and was initially very impressed.
I had my DD take the free practice test and she did awful. But then I myself took it and didn't do very well either - it was HARD. And some of the questions I had no clue what it was even talking about.

I'm hesitant to pay that kind of money for a program that may be more complex than is necessary for an elementary aged kid

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 9:32 pm
My daughter is in 7th grade in Lakewood and is having an incredibly difficult time translating basic lashon kodesh. she literally doesn't know basic shorashim and the issue is only going to get more difficult once she enters high school. I am open to trying anything in order to get her Hebrew up to par. Just to clarify, I don't mean fluent hebrew- I mean enough to understand basic Hebrew שאלות on a chumash test.
Does anyone have any ideas?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 10:07 pm
I would love to try it but it’s $1500 for just one kid. I would love to hear from one person that they did it and it really helped. My daughter is in 8th grade and is struggling so hard with the hebrew.

Wondering if there are other computer programs out there….

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 11 2022, 1:05 am
So nobody here has actually gone through the program?

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 2:20 pm
Bump. Does anyone have experience with this program?

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 11:07 pm
I bought this program for my 12 year son and he's in middle of it. Its absolutely amazing how he loves to do it and learned so much in 1 week! The quiz looks complex and intimidating but the program is clear and simple. He is learning concepts and not memorizing lists of shorashim.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Apr 20 2023, 5:49 pm
Bumping
Any more experiences with this program?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, May 31 2023, 6:38 pm
Bumb

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 9:44 pm
Bump

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 10:30 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
I bought this program for my 12 year son and he's in middle of it. Its absolutely amazing how he loves to do it and learned so much in 1 week! The quiz looks complex and intimidating but the program is clear and simple. He is learning concepts and not memorizing lists of shorashim.

I assume by now he finished the program. How did it go? Did it bring him up to date with grade level functioning? Is he reading fluently? Translating decently? Retaining what he learned?

It's been a while and I'm still not seeing any real life reviews. I'm starting to think that $1500 or whatever it is now is probably worth it as compared to several months of tutoring that may or may not have an impact (I seem to have a treatment resistant kid...) But I want to know that it works.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 11:41 pm
We signed our daughter up last week.
It's an 8 week program (4-5 days a week for 30 min at a time).

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 11:55 pm
Good luck! How old is your daughter? Did you already try regular tutoring before? Is the cost still 1500?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 11:58 pm
seeker wrote:
Good luck! How old is your daughter? Did you already try regular tutoring before? Is the cost still 1500?

Amen!
No tutoring too much pressure for her
$1500

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:21 am
Were you able to talk to anyone who did it?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Dec 27 2023, 12:25 am
I spoke to Rabbi Friedman himself a couple of times. My daughter took the assessment, which he reviewed, then did the 3 free sample exercises. Spoke to him again about her results, how she felt doing the exercise, and her commitment/buy in.
He told us to call him at any point if she's having trouble or losing motivation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children