Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Freedom convoy
Previous  1  2  3  4

monkeymamma

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 3:42 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
It's not getting answers to respectful musings. Should businesses be worried about the fallout to their bottom line because of supply disruptions due to the strikes? Please don't get me wrong. I'm not calling the strikers hooligans or evil nor denying them their right to strike. Just asking, is there any room whatsoever to even bring up such points as I and others have been doing? Feel free to school me, logically and with facts. Not that I "must be on the wrong side of history."

Your questions are not really clear. But I will try to answer, correct me if I am wrong.
What you are asking is which came first, the chicken or the egg. We already had supply chain problems before the truckers protest so you cant blame the truckers for something that was already happening. But these truckers were about to be forced to vaccinate or lose their job despite the fact that they mostly work on their own and had no problem doing deliveries up until now (yes even with the supply chain problems, they still delivered things).
Why would the govt decide on an arbitrary day to force the truckers to vaccinate when the truckers work alone and we already have supply chain problems?
And why would the govt decide that the peaceful protest is an "insurrection" and "domestic terrorism" to the point where their bank accounts are frozen and they can be charged with a crime? What crime is it to peacefully protest against the government? And why are you ok with the tyrannical way the govt is responding?
I hope the truckers not only continue their protest (they actually have nothing to lose at this point) but also sue the govt for retaliation and violation of human/constitutional rights. But more importantly, I hope that people are waking up and voting these liberals out of office. Enough with the liberal double standards and tyranny.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 4:06 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Your questions are not really clear. But I will try to answer, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for an actual answer.
I do hope that this didn't put any businesses over the edge but yes, I do agree that the situation was absurd.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:08 pm
I'm following the protests and I love watching the footage. Free food everywhere, dance parties in the streets, shoveling snow and cleaning up trash, bounce houses for children, all the homemade, creative signs and costumes...it's like one big block party and it looks like a blast! I have so much FOMO LOL
All the same I would not want to be brought to the point where I would need to do this. I'm glad the US is not lockdown-crazy like Canada is.

naturelover

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:15 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
It's not getting answers to respectful musings. Should businesses be worried about the fallout to their bottom line because of supply disruptions due to the strikes? Please don't get me wrong. I'm not calling the strikers hooligans or evil nor denying them their right to strike. Just asking, is there any room whatsoever to even bring up such points as I and others have been doing? Feel free to school me, logically and with facts. Not that I "must be on the wrong side of history."

There definitely will be a fallout. But the government should have thought about that when they made such strict vaccine mandates, especially for a vaccine that isn't working too well. Same way there is a shortage of teachers and hospital workers. But this will affect more people and so it will be felt more. Good for the truckers for standing up for themselves. They shouldn't have to give up their freedom to make the government happy.

Fox

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:35 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Of course the concern is legitimate. But there's nothing unique about the Freedom Convoy. Remember "just two weeks to flatten the curve" and then everything could get back to normal? That was two years ago, and the subsequent lockdowns have strangled small businesses -- the vast majority of which will never return.

The reason you're not getting nuanced answers is that there was little nuance when small businesses were being heedlessly destroyed while Walmart and Amazon were protected. Only when multi-national corporations are hurt does concern over "nuance" seem to arise. I know you're not personally asking for that reason -- just explaining why the question might rub people the wrong way.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics