Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Space bags

zigi

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 12:23 pm
does any one use them? are they worth the money? I am running out of room to store clothing. tia!

Barbara

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 12:52 pm
I've had mixed luck with space bags. I vacuum the air out, and they definitely reduce the space taken up by clothes, albeit not the way it looks in ads. OTOH, they often tend to *pop back* after a short time. By then, I have the bag wedged in someplace tight, so its OK.

Tamiri

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 1:09 pm
My brother found that they ripped too easily on the tracks of his closet door. I guess you need to keep them away from anything sharp, cause once torn you can't use them to pull out all the air.

zigi

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 1:48 pm
so are they more like one time use? or you can open them and then reseal it?

Raizle

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 2:33 pm
I find the air goes back in after some time. It may help initially to actually get the stuff into the closet in the first place and then once they are wedged in it only limited air can get in anyway but I don't know if its doing its job as far as keeping things protected.

su7kids

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 2:46 pm
I do use them, and find that you have to seal the zipper (ziplock) very well to keep the air from going back in.

I traveled last week with two and got a lot more into my suitcase than I would have otherwise.

I like them very much. They do make them in different shapes now.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 4:05 pm
I just got them and they are amazing for pillows, blankets, winter coats and big things like that which I dont have space for in my tiny apartment. I just stuff them in a bag, suction the air out and slide them under the bed. I fit 2 winter coats and 2 baby snowsuits in a large size bag and they squashed down to really thin. My husband loves them! We always joke that we should let my mother in law know about these bags cuz she puts away way too much clothes as it is Very Happy LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics