Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Now the world will see the real Julia
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 10:35 pm
Mevater wrote:
I think her main issue is that she worships fame and money above ALL else.

Im wondering if most of her kids are more supportive than unsupportive of her at this point of her life.

What do you all think her conversations with her kids sound like now, or is this all fake and for ratings? Is that possible?

We all know that she manipulates her kids like crazy. However I also think she has always abused her kids and none of them have a real relationship with her. Whatever you see on Instagram is all fake. The same way she abuses her employees and screams at them for every little thing I’m sure she does that to her kids too. I assure you her relationship with her kids looks very different when the cameras are off.

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 10:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We all know that she manipulates her kids like crazy. However I also think she has always abused her kids and none of them have a real relationship with her. Whatever you see on Instagram is all fake. The same way she abuses her employees and screams at them for every little thing I’m sure she does that to her kids too. I assure you her relationship with her kids looks very different when the cameras are off.

Dunno, every single one of her kids couldve chosen to live with her ex-husband and stay far away from her insane life. They didnt. Remember, none of her kids are as fame and money crazed as her.

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 10:52 pm
Mevater wrote:
Dunno, every single one of her kids couldve chosen to live with her ex-husband and stay far away from her insane life. They didnt. Remember, none of her kids are as fame and money crazed as her.

I think both her daughters are on the way there and they worship her.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Feb 13 2022, 10:59 pm
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
The title really really stood out to me, how very sad this whole thing is.

BRAZEN means עזות פנים and is the opposite of בושה. There's a whole chapter on it in the אורחות צדיקים. It is considered one of the most horrible מידות a person could have, not to be embarrassed but to flaunt and be proud of one's sins. At least she is recognizing herself and her actions. I hope she does תשובה.

And if you read the summary which I assume is taken from the jacket, you could Puke

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 7:12 am
BTW, I did not know what this thread title meant when I clicked on this thread.

My impression is that people here are gleefully indulging in schadenfreude because some formerly-frum Jewish woman is getting divorced. This doesn't seem cool.

freilich

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 7:22 am
DrMom wrote:

My impression is that people here are gleefully indulging in schadenfreude because some formerly-frum Jewish woman is getting divorced. This doesn't seem cool.

That is quite a judgemental statement. This isnt some formerly Jewish woman getting divorced. This is a woman who dragged us through the mud with her libelous tales , all for some attention and fame.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:16 am
DrMom wrote:

I did not open this thread to indulge in schadenfreude (even though I don’t feel bad for her for what’s happening to her now at all).
More for the fact that now that her narcissism and mental health issues are coming out to the public, maybe all those people who watched the show will realize they should have taken everything she said about Judaism with a grain of salt

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:18 am
freilich wrote:
That is quite a judgemental statement. This isnt some formerly Jewish woman getting divorced. This is a woman who dragged us through the mud with her libelous tales , all for some attention and fame.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel I was dragged through any mud. You are only dragged through the mud if you care what she says.

People. Im not a rabbi or anything but I don't know if she is a rishanta. I doubt it.. She is a very sick, mentally unstable woman. This is mental illness masquerading as a lot of other things.

I once spoke to a rav about a narcissistic relative who was causing major agmas nefesh to everyone around him by trying to manipulate them. The rav Said to consider him as a choleh who won't go to a doctor. You wouldn't take instruction from someone like that.

The level to which some imamothers take her seriously tells me that you look at her as someone who is Uin control of her own faculties. She really isn't.

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:26 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't feel I was dragged through any mud. You are only dragged through the mud if you care what she says.

People. Im not a rabbi or anything but I don't know if she is a rishanta. I doubt it.. She is a very sick, mentally unstable woman. This is mental illness masquerading as a lot of other things.

I once spoke to a rav about a narcissistic relative who was causing major agmas nefesh to everyone around him by trying to manipulate them. The rav Said to consider him as a choleh who won't go to a doctor. You wouldn't take instruction from someone like that.

The level to which some imamothers take her seriously tells me that you look at her as someone who is Uin control of her own faculties. She really isn't.

To people like me who have family (immediate family) and coworkers which include my boss who watched this series and believe her version... yes I feel very dragged through the mud by this women and by Netflix in general. My daughter had to face her father's family after they saw this series and their entire trope towards her changed; she spent weeks with her entire family (dad and his side) telling her she is in a brainwashed cult. You have no idea how far the reach of Netflix is and the damage it did to us.

I am not condoning or condemning this topic. I am just explaining how this show effected people who don't care about her and what she says. Others care, and it is THEM who effect us. If you were not touched personally by her, be grateful but please do not minimize the very real pain and trouble she caused.

Last edited by watergirl on Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:33 am
watergirl wrote:
To people like me who have family (immediate family) and coworkers which include my boss... yes I feel very dragged through the mud by this women and by Netflix in general. My daughter had to face her father's family after they saw this series and their entire trope towards her changed; she spent weeks with her entire family (dad and his side) telling her she is in a brainwashed cult. You have no idea how far the reach of Netflix is and the damage it did to us.

I am not condoning or condemning this topic. I am just explaining how this show effected people who don't care about her and what she says. Others care, and it is THEM who effect us. If you were not touched personally by her, be grateful but please do not minimize the very real pain and trouble she caused.

Thanks for explaining.
You're right, I have not watched anything or read anything about her other than here. And I'm just mystified why anyone would care what a mentally imbalanced woman says and does.
But I hear that her series has had rippled effects.

I happen to be from Monsey and remember her younger sister. I just feel so sorry for all of them.

Yael

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 8:52 am
Thread has been cleaned up. Please avoid bringing in irrelevant tangents. It’s disrespectful to our rules and our mods.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 9:22 am
freilich wrote:

Without labeling Julia a rasha, I will say that there are different approaches.
There's b'avod resha'im rina.
There's Tehillim 92 and 94 among others, talking about the person who oppresses the vulnerable, an the rasha v'tov lo to the point where our faith could be shaken, then the assurance that Hashem takes care of everything with exquisite precision.
The shiras hayam, where we could sing so fully as we saw the perfect justice meted out to our oppressors.

For those who have been much more immersed in the Julia saga than I and are understandably exercised about the chillul Hashem factor.

But that same shiras hayam? At the seder we dip out wine. If we can express sadness over the tragic loss of potential of a people that oppressed us for centuries we can feel sadness over this tragedy.

Just like the whole sorry CW saga should wake us up on many levels, maybe there's a takeaway here. Maybe there's nothing anyone could have done in this situation but going forward let's look out for people who are slipping through the cracks, who are frustrated and dissatisfied and insecure. Just because someone goes OTD r"l they don't have to be vindictive to those they left behind and burn every bridge.

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 9:34 am
I find it disturbing that a lot of posters have a very distinct level of glee in their posts. Let's forget about Julia for a minute.

What does that say about us? How we respond says a lot about us...

And in her filings, she was defending her Torah- and Shabbos-observant son. I'm not minimizing the pain and heartache she caused. But if we believe in teshuva for ourselves, I think we need to make sure that we don't *so* gleefully write about her misfortunes. Don't we want to make a space for her or her children to come back? What about her young son? Does he need to know people of his own faith hate on his mom so badly?

I don't know... I'm not condoning what she did. I feel a twinge of pity. I do. And I just think that collectively, we are too gleeful about this.

I think, as a community, we have some issues to work out with money - a lot of it or the lack of it. And I think there is some jealousy mixed up here, and other weird stuff that isn't only related to her dissing the orthodox community. I don't know.. whatever... just feel heartache about this all. Maybe its different because I was in school with her and her mother taught me... Just sad about the happiness at her problems. The end of a relationship, being fired from a job is painful for anyone regardless of their religion. It just doesn't say much about us, this level of glee...

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 9:40 am
I just love the juxtaposition of the People.com headline

“Julia Haart Accuses Estranged Husband Silvio Scaglia of 'Bullying' as He Responds to 'Baseless Personal Smears'“

and under that in the article

RELATED: My Unorthodox Life's Julia Haart Hopes Her Story About Leaving Strict Religious World Will Inspire Others

Smile

I just really sad that at 50 years old she is throwing away her olam habah for this???

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 11:00 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Thanks for explaining.
You're right, I have not watched anything or read anything about her other than here. And I'm just mystified why anyone would care what a mentally imbalanced woman says and does.
But I hear that her series has had rippled effects.

I happen to be from Monsey and remember her younger sister. I just feel so sorry for all of them.

Outsiders don't know she's mentally imbalanced. They take her words about her oppressive life before and her caring about her youngest son now to give him a better life, at a face value.

Wait until it's a bit closer to her book release in April and she talks about it again.

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 11:37 am
DrMom wrote:

Yeah people who are interested in her pathetic life are responsifor furthering her ability to keep making a chillul HaShem. It’s nauseating. Ignore her and maybe she’ll go away. No good comes from this.

freilich

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 11:39 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:

I personally don't feel that she dragged me around, and I don't have anywhere in my life so far that I needed to defend my religion because of this. However, we the Jewish people as a whole and especially us women where targeted here.

I feel no sense of glee at this unfortunate situation. She's a Bas Yisrael like us all and my heart bleeds for her. I don't know her mental diagnosis she might be mentally sick or just plain old fashioned bad middos.

Whatever the case with her is, most of us feel a certain sense of relief that this came out in the open, which makes her Netflix show that more not believable.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 9:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How the tables have turned….
Appropriate for chodesh adar.
I hope they cancel season 2

https://vinnews.com/2022/02/12.....-for/

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/12.....mare/

Looks like she lost her case against Scaglia-- https://www.prnewswire.com/new......html

https://drive.google.com/file/...../view

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 10:17 pm
Wow!
And looks like Netflix isn't allowed to film in "her" apartment.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jun 07 2022, 10:31 pm
Nice… house of cards is falling apart
Looks like she’s also being accused of stealing money from the company for personal expenses.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics