Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
London ideas with kids
1  2  Next

tzimip

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 6:15 pm
Hi. I will be in London with kids ages 15-5 in March. We will be there for 2 days. What are some must see attractions?

Adela

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 6:21 pm
I was there as a child in 2006. That’s a long time ago so not sure what has changed since then. But from what I remember for sure the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, The queens Windsor Palace was fascinating! The London eye that’s the big Ferris Wheel.
Madame Tassuads, the Crown Jewels in the place that used to be a prison? Forgot the name and I think it’s one place maybe I’m confusing 2 places.
Enjoy! I have the most amazing wonderful memories!

Ellie7

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 6:33 pm
Adela wrote:
the Crown Jewels in the place that used to be a prison? Forgot the name

The Tower of London.

s c

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 6:42 pm
Tower of London. London Eye. Buckingham Palace. Take a boat tour down rhe Thames with a guided tour. Go on board HMS Belfast is quite fun for kids. Those are some of the main ones . Also take a tour bus where you can hop on and off wherever you want and get a guided commentary whilst you're driving.

s c

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 6:46 pm
Also there's picccadilly circus which is where all the theatres are. You could take them to see something family friendly in the evening if that's your thing.

tzimip

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 6:51 pm
Thanks everyone! Those are the places that we were thinking. Was wondering if I missed anything

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 14 2022, 7:11 pm
Londoner here: all the above is good plus see outside houses of parliament. Covent garden is pretty. Hamleys on regent Street is the biggest toy store if that's your thing. London zoo is an amazing zoo.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 8:16 am
2 days isn't so long, I would stick to the popular attractions. As others have said Buckingham Palace (if you're there on whichever day they do the changing of the guards it's more exciting, we personally found the palace boring, it's essentially just another stately home, of which we've been to many), the London Eye, Tower of London, we enjoyed the boat ride along the Thames. The kids also enjoyed going on the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) section of the Tube-there's no drivers cab at the front so the kids liked pretending they were driving and also had a good view at the front. We also went into the Bank of England (my boys loved trying to pick up the solid gold bar). There's the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben. Hamleys was fun but I personally would prioritise the things that are unique to London since you're here for so short.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 9:08 am
Excellent points above re seeing the 'british' things.
Don't forget horse guards parade.

I actually took my kids to Hamleys a few weeks ago. We arrived soon after it opened to avoid queues and it was a real fun outing. They sell some English toys like Playmobil palace guards, and my kids loved the magic trick demonstration.
Though it is after all, a toy store.

It's really easy to zip between places on London underground if you have koiach to keep moving. Just plan it all before.

Again, not particularly English but if you kids love these things, the British museum has amazing collections. Also science museum, natural history museum

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 10:34 am
All good ideas above.
Buckingham palace changing of the guards is really fun, it's every other day and its quite early. If you don't manage that there is a smaller changing of the guard type thing every day at 4pm, with horses and soldiers, and you can go up much closer to the soldiers. Its at horse guards parade. Its alot of fun for the kids.
If you want to see the whole of London but not the type to want to traipse around it all, there is the sky garden. My kids really enjoyed that. You need to book but its free, so also good if you have a low budget. The only con is if the weather isn't clear then its a waste of time.

tzimip

Post Tue, Feb 15 2022, 1:28 pm
Thank you everyone!

tzimip

Post Tue, Mar 29 2022, 2:54 pm
Just wanted to update all as we're back from my trip. Thank you all for your suggestions. We went to Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, Harrods, The London Eye, The River Thames boat tour and Tower of London. My kids had a fantastic time!

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jun 08 2022, 10:10 pm
Can you recommend a nice hotel to stay at for 1 night? And a place to eat. Taking my daughter for 24 hours there in July

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jun 09 2022, 10:47 am
The pillar hotel is a kosher hotel in Hendon.
For restaurants, there are loads of options, what kind do you want? There are loads on Golders green road, one after the other. I guess you could do street view to check it out ☺️ starting from Metsuyan to hummus bar on one side and tuk tuk to novellino in the other. Also lots in Brent street in hendon

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 9:32 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
The pillar hotel is a kosher hotel in Hendon.
For restaurants, there are loads of options, what kind do you want? There are loads on Golders green road, one after the other. I guess you could do street view to check it out ☺️ starting from Metsuyan to hummus bar on one side and tuk tuk to novellino in the other. Also lots in Brent street in hendon

Thank you! A cool vibe restaurant for my teenager...would that be tuk tuk?
We would stay at a Hilton or other chain hotel with points. Any recommendation?
Would you recommend buckingham palace or Windsor castle? We only have time for 1 of them.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:27 pm
Bump

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:49 am
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
Thank you! A cool vibe restaurant for my teenager...would that be tuk tuk?
We would stay at a Hilton or other chain hotel with points. Any recommendation?
Would you recommend buckingham palace or Windsor castle? We only have time for 1 of them.

Yes tuk tuk
Buckingham is in London. Windsor is further out near the airport so logistics-wise it depends.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:40 am
Does anyone have any cool harry potter themed ideas to see in London (not the studios)? For my Harry Potter crazy teen...

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:07 pm
Platform 9 3/4 in Kings Cross!

4g01o

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:09 pm
The London Eye is really cool. Especially for kids!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics