Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sisters bathing together
1  2  Next

hadasa

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 11:30 am
Until what age would you let sisters bathe together? My 8-year-old loves to bathe with her two-year-old sister. I'm hoping she'll eventually start to feel uncomfortable as they both grow older, but I'm not sure I want to wait until she does. What do you think?

mother48

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 11:52 am
I think it's no big deal! don't make an issue out of it, and it won't be.
my sister and I bathed together/or at least walked in on each other to chat for sure till we were about 8-10(I think).

elisecohen

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 2:39 pm
My 10 and 11 year old dds still bathe together happily. I don't see any reason for them not to.

hisorerus

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 7:56 pm
Yeah, they'll get uncomfortable eventually on their own- about 12 - 13 in my experience.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 2:13 am
I don't think it's a problem..

JEWISHMAMA

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 3:35 am
I don´t think it´s a problem. They´ll eventually get uncomfortable and decide on their own.
I bathed with my sis until I was about 11-12.

Pearl

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 4:04 am
not a problem, I think. my 8 and 6 yrs old love to chat while one is taking a shower, and the other is drying herself. or taking a bath together.

hisorerus

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 10:13 am
Remember, boys go to the Mikva together through adulthood.

Tefila

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 3:35 pm
Quote:
Remember, boys go to the Mikva together through adulthood.

Yea but I don't think they r actually conversing in there now do u Tongue Out And it's not like they have a choice is it Tongue Out

Hadassa I don't see a problem but I do think as she developes etc or atleast now tell her when that happens maybe they shouldn't do it together Confused

hisorerus

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 4:09 pm
They don't converse in there?!? Which men's Mikva do you go to?!? Wink

They do, and they feel like it's normal- it's a rare boy who waits till nobody else is there. I don't think it's a bad thing. They're far more comfortable with their bodies.

hadasa

Post Sat, Nov 05 2005, 4:08 pm
My boys go to Mikveh with my husband. It took time for me to come to terms with that, too. But with girls it's different and they are supposed to develop a feeling of Tznius, even with their sisters. But I guess that can still wait a few years.

raizy

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 8:48 pm
men go to the mikveh for a social outing . to catch up on the latest etc .
just joking

my hubby refuses to take my son to the mikveh bc of it. at what age is it proper for a boy to go to the mikveh. 12 or 13 ?

hisorerus

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 8:49 pm
My brothers go at 5...

raizy

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 8:50 pm
what about boys vs one girl. I have a 6 yr old boy and 3.5 yr boy and 18 months boy. but I only have one girl . and she is 5 yrs old. my hubby wants her to start to take her baths by herselve . not with any other boys around. does anybody think that this is a good idea?

stem

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 9:15 pm
We started giving separate baths with my almost 4 yr old girl and 18 month old boy. We just felt that things were getting a little to frisky in there, so it was time...

tzivi

Post Tue, Nov 08 2005, 10:18 pm
I think girls from age 10 should bathe separately, so that when they develope you don't have to make such a big deal aboout bathing separately.
I have k"ah 5 boys ages 7 and under and I bathe them all together! Apart from the fact that they all have soooooo much fun together, splashing and playing, etc, it just so gorgeous to watch! Even my 4 month old baby has a ball! LOL

ektsm

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 6:57 pm
Not a big deal at all at the age of eight. ALthough once they hit puberty or adolenscnce I would put a stop to it.

BlumaG

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 12:07 am
tzivi how ibg is ur bathtub? the msot we managed to fit is four:) thats with my 3 yr old nieces, 2 yro ld sil and my 2 yr old

realeez

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 4:17 am
I have 2 boys (3 & 2) then a baby girl and my boys need their "space" in the bath so I don't think she will ever make it in with them. The boys are such busy bodies who needs questions?!
As for 2 sisters taking a bath together - I don't see a problem with it as long as they are OK with it. If they were 15 and taking baths together then yes but til 10-11 for sure it's fine, imo!

supermommy

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 2:42 pm
How about a two year old girl and a 9 month old boy? I bathe each one seperately and it makes it harder for me. Could I bathe them together? and if yes till what age?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics