Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Childrens' clothing stores in Williamsburg?

spinkles

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 7:16 pm
I will be in Williamsburg on Wednesday iy'H and am wondering where to go for inexpensive children's clothing (especially skirts). Can anyone recommend stores and tell me where they're located? Thanks so much! (By the way, is it possible to find dark denim skirts in Williamsburg, or do I have to go to Boro Park for that?)

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 7:17 pm
I doubt u will find denim in willi, try lee ave, I think most stores are there

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 7:56 pm
no denim in willy. what age are you talking about? there arent many clothing stores in willy that cater to girls between toddler - teenage.

You can try DCW on Division Avenue corner Berry,
Elzee on marcy corner penn, Taub's on Lee corner Rutledge, tauber on Lee between Penn and rutledge. if it's a teenager you can probably find good skirts at Fixlers on Lee corner Ross. Cant think of any other stores.

amother

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 9:01 pm
You forgot S&W on Wallabout between Bedford and Lee.

You can find Denim for little girls but I don't think you'll find denim for big girls.

spinkles

Post Sun, May 04 2008, 9:47 pm
Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed--I looked on an online map and saw that many of the stores mentioned are just a couple of blocks from where I'll be. Perfect! I'm looking for skirts for girls sizes 6 & 8. Thanks for your help.

Oh, I forgot to ask--is there a robes store that sells cheap housecoats? I know this sounds totally crazy, but I'm looking for a dark housecoat to use for giving birth...even though I'm not expecting. LOL When you live out of town, you have to plan ahead and "chap arein" when you're in NY!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 6:45 am
for yourself? Unfortunately housecoats are not cheap and they only go on sale twice a year, in jan and July. but you can try Princess boutique on hewes street corner lee avenue, and rosenberg also has a bunch of racks of cheap ones on lee avenue corner hooper street.

spinkles

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 8:37 am
Perfect! Thanks Mama Bear!!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 9:16 am
ATTENTION ATTENTION

I did not know you were talking about little girls. all the stores I gave you cater to older girls/teenagers.

I asked my sister who has 3 little girls. here is her response.

the cheapest place for girls skirts is BICKELS', on lee avenue corner penn street.

slightly more expensive: FREUND'S, lee avenue corner williamsburg street east.

More classy & expensive: STRASSERS', lee avenue by taylor & division, or SIMI's of London, Bedford bet. heyward & Lynch.

The other stores I mentioned are really for preteens. sorry.

veteranmom

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 4:15 pm
Friedman's on the avenue has nice little children's outfits. They do not have suitable clothing for tweens or teens

spinkles

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 7:57 am
I'm glad I checked back here! Thanks so much Mama Bear and Veteranmom! I really appreciate all your help.

veteranmom

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 2:31 pm
Bickels definitely has the best prices on every day clothing

BoomChickaPop

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:25 pm
Is Bickel's well stocked with clothing, I am looking for skirts in a size 8 and will make a special trip to Willi for this, but I am hoping that they won't have run out of stock...

Mama Bear

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 4:56 pm
Things like plain skirts they have plenth of. Also, rosenberg's of boro park has a 'truck' on the street on lee avenue and hooper street and they have plenty of plain girls' skirts for very cheap.

spinkles

Post Thu, May 15 2008, 5:29 pm
Thank you all for your help! I felt very comfortable because I knew exactly where I was going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries