Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Dressing kids for pictures

lkwdmom2

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 1:19 am
We are going for professional pictures. My boys are wearing white shirts and my girls brown sweaters ( different shades of brown) and my little boys brown ribbed sweaters. Do u think it’s bad if different shades of brown (some are more tan, some camel brown, some darker brown).

We’ve done all white, all black, all denim, all grey, so wanted to try something different and they all have brown sweaters already

Any photographers on here? Is it bad to do different shades of brown? Will it blend together or clash?
Thanks

lotus2525

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 5:39 am
I think you should stick to one shade of brown. You can have older kids and younger kids coordinate instead of match, but I wouldn't have everyone in a different color. Are your boys wearing brown pants? Or is that another color you're bringing in?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 6:16 am
Can the girls wear cream sweaters and the boys brown? A constant in nice but 2 different shades of a darker brown can look odd. How old are your bigger boys who are wearing white? Can they wear some color as well?

lkwdmom2

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 8:36 am
The boys are wearing black pants and girls black skirts. Little boys wearing black leggings.

zaq

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 8:52 am
I don’t care for the look of dark brown with black, but the varying shades shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re trying to give the impression that the children are wearing identical outfits. I happen to think that a little individuality is a good thing and a unified theme is better than dressing everyone like clones. JMHO .

lkwdmom2

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 9:19 am
Thanks zaq

Congresswoman

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 9:20 am
Actually I disagree with most here. matchy matchy is long out of style. You just have to make sure the colors blend well together. If they do it can be really beautiful.

lkwdmom2

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 9:22 am
Do different browns blend well together? Some are more tan and some more orangey some more camel brown

Congresswoman

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 9:41 am
lkwdmom2 wrote:
Do different browns blend well together? Some are more tan and some more orangey some more camel brown

It would be impossible to say without seeing but very likely it’s ok. Lay out all the outfits and try to look at them from an angle. Sometimes adding little details like bows, socks, belts etc can help tie colors together. I also think white shirts are no problem. They work as fillers.

Helpful suggestion is to google family photo brown outfits and you’ll get the picture.

lkwdmom2

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 9:57 am
Congresswoman wrote:
It would be impossible to say without seeing but very likely it’s ok. Lay out all the outfits and try to look at them from an angle. Sometimes adding little details like bows, socks, belts etc can help tie colors together. I also think white shirts are no problem. They work as fillers.

Helpful suggestion is to google family photo brown outfits and you’ll get the picture.

Thank you!!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 1:34 pm
lkwdmom2 wrote:

We did brown, tan, ivory together with black bottoms. Looked very nice.

lotus2525

Post Sun, Feb 20 2022, 3:58 pm
I don't have a problem with brown tops and black bottoms, but here you don't have anything tying your boys and girls together. and then you have too many different shades of Brown. Im afraid your picture won't have a single unifying detail. Outfits don't have to match, but they do have to coordinate. I personally would match at least in sets. Like have older boys, younger boys, older girls, younger girls wear same outfit and have different sets coordinate. You want the picture to be neat. Your kids should be the focus of the photo, not the different colors and shades
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art