Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
New word game?
  Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 10:42 am
I have played many international word games, albeit in unofficial capacities, but w and y have never been able to be used as vowels in any iteration of any game I have played. So I personally won't include them.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 10:43 am
nicole81 wrote:
P H S C L N T M R S

Photo
Posit
Phantoms
Escalators
Scalene
Scents
Pastier
Ascents
Calories
Animus

Eta: you said a letter can be used twice, correct? If so, halitosis lol. I have no idea why that came to me after I moved on from this thread 😂

You're very good with words, but I think rule of game is not to skip over letters in the sequence

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 10:48 am
nicole81 wrote:
P H S C L N T M R S

Photo
Posit
Phantoms
Escalators
Scalene
Scents
Pastier
Ascents
Calories
Animus

Eta: you said a letter can be used twice, correct? If so, halitosis lol. I have no idea why that came to me after I moved on from this thread 😂

Opposites
Uphill
Oscillate/Oscillators
Upstairs
Stress
Accentors
Succulent
Stoma
Peacoats

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 10:50 am
dankbar wrote:
You're very good with words, but I think rule of game is not to skip over letters in the sequence

Ahh I see, darn reading.

I'll try again. Keeps it pretty limited then.

Rugelech

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:16 am
I am happy that this game seems to be going well. To clarify the letter y is considered a vowel and if it makes the game easier let's call w a vowel as well. As to the amount of letters I wrote that the list of words should be a minimum of 4 letters.
Enjoy!

Tamari

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:17 am
dankbar wrote:
Succulent
Mrs.
Mr.
Hasc
Has
Lent
Scale
Russel
Sac
Clan
Tumor
Marry ( if y is ok to use)
Mars
Nut
Nutty
Slay
Not
Team
Physical
MRSA
Tomorrow
Lint
Nitty
Silly
Rosy
Call
Cull
Natty
Tommy
Timmy
Tummy
Tum
Lenny

Double letters allowed?

Rugelech

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:36 am
Yes letters can be used twice

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:46 am
Names allowed?

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 11:53 am
Also irl everyone takes their own page & makes a list in a limited amount of time, so some may actually have same words as others, and same timing so you can see who has most words.

Here once someone posts their lists the words are seen so it's silly to repeat, it's like copying unless you don't look at the list and just do your own. Also everyone has a different amount of time they work on it.

Maybe we can work out that everyone posts on the same time & we start the game together with same time limit. ( if we don't want repeats)
Many words that I saw in sequence, I checked if poster before me already posted, so didn't post it.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 12:39 pm
[quote="nicole81"]P H S C L N T M R S

Scale
Client
Lenient (is that allowed?)
Moors
Clone
Loin
Tamers
Mares
Sic
Coolant
Lent
Scilla
Note
Time
Timers
Clean
House

simcha4

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 1:31 pm
dankbar wrote:
I'm not in competition with you, just was trying not to reuse your words, so I had to work a little harder

Totally fine to make the game a competition, that's usually the object of games, and "Rugelech" wrote in her instructions that this game is competitive.

I was responding to when you wrote that let's see between the 2 of us how many more words we can come up with.

Imho it's clever to try and come up with one's own words and not do repeats of other poster's.
Actually, I tried to do that in other games, I tried not to repeat my posts - in last letter games, but eventually it became too difficult. EG. How many types of food can one come up starting with E if one wants to keep on playing?

simcha4

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 1:41 pm
dankbar wrote:
Also irl everyone takes their own page & makes a list in a limited amount of time, so some may actually have same words as others, and same timing so you can see who has most words.

Here once someone posts their lists the words are seen so it's silly to repeat, it's like copying unless you don't look at the list and just do your own. Also everyone has a different amount of time they work on it.

Maybe we can work out that everyone posts on the same time & we start the game together with same time limit. ( if we don't want repeats)
Many words that I saw in sequence, I checked if poster before me already posted, so didn't post it.

Well said!

Re your suggestion on playing the same time: great suggestion but in reality do you see that a possibility?
I don't think so due to time differences and when people log into games. But I might be wrong, perhaps it can be made to happen.

simcha4

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 1:43 pm
"Rugelech," how often do you change the letters of the game?
once a day? Twice? Less?

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 1:49 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Totally fine to make the game a competition, that's usually the object of games, and "Rugelech" wrote in her instructions that this game is competitive.

I was responding to when you wrote that let's see between the 2 of us how many more words we can come up with.

Imho it's clever to try and come up with one's own words and not do repeats of other poster's.
Actually, I tried to do that in other games, I tried not to repeat my posts - in last letter games, but eventually it became too difficult. EG. How many types of food can one come up starting with E if one wants to keep on playing?

What I meant to say was after we both came up with plenty exclusive words totalling to over 50 words, if anyone else still has other words that didn't get mentioned, not to compete with you,simcha4, to come up with more words.

Living Princess

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 2:01 pm
Anyway to copy all the played words as we go along? I want to find new words but it's hard to look at so many lists

P H S C L N T M R S

I don't think anyone did these

colon
cooly
calla
lino
inate
atom
anatomy
tummy
merry
alone
alien
alienate
aline
item
unit
unity
unite
untie
untame
erase
iris
ears
eerie
urea
urease

assuming you are allowed to put a vowel before a letter just like you can put it after a letter?

Rugelech

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 2:31 pm
The vowels can go anywhere in the word.

What do you all feel about how often the list should be changed, once a day or twice a day?

Tamari

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 2:54 pm
colony
into
unto
hiss
timorous
tumorous
clay
morose
cell
rouse
raise
socially
rays
scallion
amorous
aphysical

Last edited by Tamari on Mon, Feb 21 2022, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Living Princess

Post Mon, Feb 21 2022, 2:56 pm
Rugelech wrote:
The vowels can go anywhere in the word.

What do you all feel about how often the list should be changed, once a day or twice a day?

I vote once a day especially with people in different time zones

Rugelech

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 2:29 am
Here is the list of letters for today.

V R K P S T H F G D R N

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Feb 22 2022, 3:55 am
Rugelech wrote:
Here is the list of letters for today.

V R K P S T H F G D R N

Very
Posit