Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Courses in Israel

miracle

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 5:54 am
Due to Israel's 60th b-day and as a Toshav Chozer, Mizrad haklita is offering me up to 2 years course for the value up to 10.000NIS per year.

I am very interested in learning something new.

Can any one recommend any courses on either alternative medicine or Interior design or photography in the Yerushalaim area?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 7:21 am
miracle wrote:
Due to Israel's 60th b-day and as a Toshav Chozer, Mizrad haklita is offering me up to 2 years course for the value up to 10.000NIS per year.

I am very interested in learning something new.

Can any one recommend any courses on either alternative medicine or Interior design or photography in the Yerushalaim area?
for alternative medicine, there is a michlala called michlelet shelem (near the tachan merkazit) I have to look into the phone number or if maybe they have a web site.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 3:19 pm
Photography I think you can do at Touro. I have to find it, there is a book of higher education for the dati and charedi public put out by the ed ministry with about 50 pages of courses of all kinds.

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 3:27 pm
miracle wrote:

did you just make aliya/move back here? they contacted you?

pinkbubbles

Post Mon, May 05 2008, 3:44 pm
Do not go to Michlelet Shelem unless you understand and speak Hebrew fluently. Actually, I wouldn't reccomend them even if you did.

Also, make sure that the school you choose is on the 'allowed' schools that they will pay the money for. Not all are. The school says yes we are and the government says no, you are not.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:04 am
pinkbubbles wrote:
Do not go to Michlelet Shelem unless you understand and speak Hebrew fluently. Actually, I wouldn't reccomend them even if you did.

Also, make sure that the school you choose is on the 'allowed' schools that they will pay the money for. Not all are. The school says yes we are and the government says no, you are not.
can I ask why you would not recommend shelem? just out of curiousity, a friend of mine went there and it worked for here very well.

miracle

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 3:03 am
Quote:

did you just make aliya/move back here? they contacted you?

I am moving back in summer and I contacted mizrad haklita, they told me what are my benefits.

Zus

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 9:01 am
I really recommend Michlelet Reidman. And yeah only if your hebrew is fluent. But highly recommended. I haven't heard such good things about michlelet Shelem either.

freidasima

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 9:03 am
Riedman is fabulous and their degrees are worthwhile but I thought they were only in the Tel Aviv area?

miracle

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 9:03 am
Yes my hebrew is fluent- Thanks

Zus

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 9:38 am
freidasima wrote:
Riedman is fabulous and their degrees are worthwhile but I thought they were only in the Tel Aviv area?

No they are in Jerusalem, Haifa, Tiberias and Beer Sheva too.
I study in Jerusalem.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:09 am
can you guys tell me why you dont like shelem? this is just curiuos. I know ppl who have studied there and liked it a lot, so I am just curiuos to here the other side.

Zus

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 11:16 am
All I heard from people who've studied there that it isn't a good place, I don't know any details.
Also, my mother registered for a course in english which never opened even after she paid, and they never even called her to notify, she had to keep calling them.

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, May 06 2008, 12:43 pm
They said they offer classes in English- they don't- but they'll give you all the information on the classes you want in English. They tell you someone will translate for you in the class once you start and discover its all Hebrew- and that person never shows up. Try getting your money back after that.

Also, I was told classes were over and that I could go onto the next course, but then when I went on vacation, I got back and had a voicemail from the teacher asking 'where are you, you missed 10 classes'. I was like shock I then got engaged, married, and moved to the UK. During those 3 months they didn't have the classes I needed to finish. So, I never was able to finish the course. They still owe me money which I'd like to get back once I move back to Israel! I also found it hard to get in touch with the person I needed to speak to about all the problems.

Classes also never started on time so we never got our full time's worth. I did not really like the teacher, and the class atmosphere felt very unprofessional. It was like all fun and games. There were some girls who were doing such a bad job, and the teacher didn't really help them improve or offer any critiscisim.

Rant over!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions