Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
NEED YOUR FEEDBACK PLEASE ABOUT A TOY
1  2  Next

IBR

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 9:51 pm
PLEASE READ!

BY READING THE FOLLOWING YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT ANY IDEAS, INVENTION, TOY OR DETAILS PERTAINING TO IT MENTIONED HERE BELONG TO IBR AND MAY NOT BE USED OR COPIED. THANK YOU.

Ok I m thinking of manufacturing a toy that will teach children brachos. it will probably be like a vegetable or fruit that will talk and when you press it it will sing a song about it and include in it a bracha. what do you think. would you buy a toy like this for your child? do you think it will be educational and help children learn brachos? please the above message is important this is my idea and if you had or have a similar idea and would like to manufacture a toy please talk to me and I would love to do it together thank you again.

Last edited by IBR on Thu, Nov 03 2005, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 9:54 pm
Depends on a) the cost and b) the age group

IBR

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 10:01 pm
this is gonna be a plush toy meant for little children till whatever age. the cost well how much would you pay for a talking plush toy?

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 10:02 pm
Me well up to 30.00 plus ofcourse since I have twins I'll have to get two Wink can I get a twin discount Tongue Out
On second thought couldn't you make something that doesn't need batterys more shabbos and yom tov friendly and would work well on the budget like a plush toy with velcro that diff fruits or veg can stick to Confused

IBR

Post Thu, Nov 03 2005, 10:10 pm
I hear what you are saying but how is that gonna teach brachos? and there are toys that are not plush but plastic that stick with velcro I bought for my daughter in toys r us and it comes with a board and a plastic knife and its great for shabbos keeps her busy. but the purpose of this toy is to teach children brachos by remembering the song about that specific veg or fruit which will include the bracha in it-the song.

deedee

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 1:30 am
maybe u could have pictures of diffrent types of food and when you push the button it says the food and then sings the bracha. like "fruit is Haetz..baruch atah..."
my daughter has a plush toy piano that has diffrent buttons to push. one plays songs when u push the piano keys, one plays regular piano etc...
I would buy one for my daughter. I wish there were more jewish educational toys out there. I dont think I would spend more then 20$ US.
I would also like a toy that plays jewish music. she has all these toys that play songs-nursery rhymes, I wish there was a toy that played the pessukim or moshiach songs even israeli songs!

willow

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 5:10 am
Here in Eretz Yisroel, we have such toys already. Are you an inventor?

Pearl

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 5:59 am
I have a book with a story, and next to it, but attached to the bookcover is a "board" with pics on it, of a dog, a glass with water, a car etc, and when you push it, it makes the relevant sound.
I would love to have a jewish book like that, would definately buy it! I am not too fond of plush toys, although we did get the sefer torah and the lulaf+etrog this year for ds and it's very nice.

willow, if you know of a place selling books like that, could you please tell me where?

IBR

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 7:26 am
WILLOW no I m not an inventor I m a jewish women who would like to have kosher toys for my and other children yes I thought of making a book with jewish pictrures that you push and they make appropriate sounds but I was told there is close to no market for it and I don't believe it and yes I very much would like to make a book like that willow are you saying that you have toys that teach brachos and books with jewish/frum pictures and sounds? my husband got malkhali from israel its ammazing!!! and I realy appriciate the input hope there will be more

micki

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 8:23 am
what about hashems name? with is not allowed, with out is not right.
make an on off button for shabbos mode.

ideally under $10 because its jewish your expected to pay more.

hisorerus

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 10:11 am
I like the idea, but what I'd REALLY love (and if you have manufacturers for the other toy, this is the same idea) is a kosher crib mobile, with plush Torahs Pushkas etc... and Jewish music! I refuse to play Brahms to my baby when I know the impact non-Jewish music has, so there's no music toys available for me. I'd pay $30 for such a thing.

slimnglam

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 10:18 am
hisorerus, I just saw this in brooklyn!! they just came out with "kosher" mobile for the crib! I think it was in Eichler's!

IBR

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 2:32 pm
SLIMNGLAM REALY I wanted to make that too but this toy will be able to be hung as a crib toy too its just not gonna be very small and yes I did think of making an on/off switch if its possible. I would love to hear from willo about toys in israel cause I know that there are kosher toys but I want to make them in english
thank you again to you all

Tefila

Post Fri, Nov 04 2005, 3:41 pm
How about a crib mobile that grows with your child so mobile when they r small and a nusery decoration as they get older or pull apart toys Confused
Eighter way they should be kosher animals and then your market will expand for sure Yes

willow

Post Sat, Nov 05 2005, 12:30 pm
I do not have one of these things, but I have seen them in meah shearim in the stores.

1stimer

Post Sat, Nov 05 2005, 1:22 pm
I wouldn't spend so much on this toy, but that's because I don't buy expensive toys. I wouldn't mind getting it as a gift though Wink I do have an idea for how you could develop this toy though, so if you're interested please pm me.

IBR

Post Sat, Nov 05 2005, 6:12 pm
well regarding the bracha the toy will not have the entire bracha it will only have borei pri haadama or haetz. like the first one will probably be a tomato and a pear so for tomato I was thinking "Shalom I am tomato. I m red and round thats how I come right straight from the ground so before you eat me please do not forget borei pri haadama is the bracha to be said" but I need to get money to make these things and its not cheap believe me but I was so upset before shabbos when I saw the kosher mobile cause I had this idea 14 months ago.

willow

Post Sun, Nov 06 2005, 3:13 am
IBR I think its great you have all these ideas. Follow through with them because something great can really come out of it.
My husband years ago thought of the idea for a shabbos lamp. He even went to a real famous inventor to pose the idea and the inventor brushed away the idea saying that it will never see the market. Well now whoever pushed through with the shabbos lamp idea is probably rolling in dough somewhere in the virgin islands!!!! : Wink

IBR

Post Sun, Nov 06 2005, 8:27 am
thank you very much for your support now I got to find people with money who are willing to invest and make the stuff but I also thought of making a kosher animal mobile that will sing not Adon olam like the one out now.
thank you all and more suggestions welcome I m open to it all

IBR

Post Sun, Nov 06 2005, 8:28 am
and I want to thank the people who made this site cause without it I would never know what other mothers think!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries