Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is there such a style?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 3:20 pm
I hate having hair on my face and too much hair. For years I kept my shaitel shoulder length or just past. Now I've gained a lot of weight and I look like balloon in that length, I really need long to look normal. But it irritates me. I have long front layers cut in but it still feels like too much. I keep trying on shorter shaitels because the long is so much for me (not looks wise but sensory wise) but they don't look good.

Any advice???

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 3:28 pm
Wear a fall

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 4:57 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Wear a fall

I'm chabad, the Rebbe asked us not to.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 5:00 pm
What about a long thick that looks good in a ponytail?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:22 pm
I know you don't want to hear this but you could lose weight.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:27 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Oh my, this comment is so insensitive. Please think before you post.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:28 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

that is such a low thing to say.
She is asking for shaitel help not your diet advice!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:28 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I know you don't want to hear this weight.

Wow that's like beyond unhelpful.
What if she gained weight due to multiple pregnancy losses?
What if she gained weight due to struggling with depression?
What if she gained weight due to side effects of medication she's taking to treat a medical issue? Or a mental health issue?
I would strongly recommend that you delete your comment asap.

eeeee

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:29 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

Omg seriously!!

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:30 pm
Now to answer op, did you try a longer shaitel pinned back? So there's some hair down but away from your face?

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:33 pm
Tuck some hair behind each Ear and pin them. Or a half pony pin back.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:34 pm
I totally feel you because I am super sensory and everything bothers me.
I sometimes wear my longish wig with a half pony- secured with a ribbon- bow- scrunchie.
So it’s off my face and still have the length

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 8:41 pm
For the last couple of years I’ve worn a shaitel with full bangs. Even though it’s hair on my forehead, I don’t have to worry about the long hair on the sides and falling in my face. When I had other styles I used to be constantly fussing and fixing and moving hair out of my face, making me crazy.
Ive even been able to wear a headband with that style, holding even more hair back.

Lighter and thinner shaitel are also available these days, and shaitel machers know a lot more about making them comfortable. Like removing the thick piece of netting next to the ear so you can easily tuck hair behind your ear.

On a totally different note, a couple of years ago I had my colors/palette done and she was also able to look at my body shape and face shape to advise what styles suit me. That involved hair styles as well. (Looking at shape and color - some good subtle high lighting and low lighting can make a huge difference)
There are probably plenty of styles out there that would enhance your natural beauty and features, making you feel good about yourself.
Would you consider talking to someone like that?

gr82no

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 9:25 pm
Bangs
Pin the hair back
Israeli style that you put the hair in the front over your head to the back makes a poof on the front

otstud

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 9:29 pm
I second the full bangs, one length long in back look!

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Feb 23 2022, 9:35 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
For the last couple of years I’ve worn a shaitel with full bangs. Even though it’s hair on my forehead, I don’t have to worry about the long hair on the sides and falling in my face. When I had other styles I used to be constantly fussing and fixing and moving hair out of my face, making me crazy.
Ive even been able to wear a headband with that style, holding even more hair back.

Lighter and thinner shaitel are also available these days, and shaitel machers know a lot more about making them comfortable. Like removing the thick piece of netting next to the ear so you can easily tuck hair behind your ear.

On a totally different note, a couple of years ago I had my colors/palette done and she was also able to look at my body shape and face shape to advise what styles suit me. That involved hair styles as well. (Looking at shape and color - some good subtle high lighting and low lighting can make a huge difference)
There are probably plenty of styles out there that would enhance your natural beauty and features, making you feel good about yourself.
Would you consider talking to someone like that?

I really would love someone like this who can find the right style/right colors for my sheitel...I live in queens but yes we have talented sheitelmachers, finding someone who really knows what suits each person best is not easy to find.

op im like u...I gained weight in my face and realized I look better in a longer sheitel but I also dont want hair by my face etc...so im having the same dilemma.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 5:24 pm
I also want to look somewhat fashionable so half pony or pinned back on the sides are really out.
I've never had full bangs, won't full bangs and a blunt cut long shaitel look too severe on me and make me look fatter?
My SM is suggesting I soften my look, lace front, long layers etc.
Here everyone is wearing lace front (at least every new shaitel being sold is) or lace top.
I do have wrinkles in my forehead so maybe bangs is a good idea. I have always had side bangs, side part. I know I know side bangs is really out of fashion.
(I need to look ok enough that my teenage girls will walk with me on the street lol).
I'm due to buy a new shaitel but when only the long ones looked good on me I bailed and came on here.

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 5:28 pm
I feel you op!
If the long ones look good on you can you just get one of those? The sm’s suggestion sounds good can u try on one precut or someone’s in thst style?

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I also want to look somewhat fashionable so half pony or pinned back on the sides are really out.
I've never had full bangs, won't full bangs and a blunt cut long shaitel look too severe on me and make me look fatter?
My SM is suggesting I soften my look, lace front, long layers etc.
Here everyone is wearing lace front (at least every new shaitel being sold is) or lace top.
I do have wrinkles in my forehead so maybe bangs is a good idea. I have always had side bangs, side part. I know I know side bangs is really out of fashion.
(I need to look ok enough that my teenage girls will walk with me on the street lol).
I'm due to buy a new shaitel but when only the long ones looked good on me I bailed and came on here.

I don’t know where you are but half pony and ear-tucked are very fashionable in boro park.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Feb 24 2022, 7:38 pm
I find wearing lace top..the hair is not in my face..I have one with a side part
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels